Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

4 hours ago, WindDancer said:

Granted, but no longer have the ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, divide or use math at all.

I wish for dominion over all animals.

Granted, but you now know the exact time, place, and way of your death. You can not avoid it, nor tell anyone of it. Not a day will go by where you do not think of when and how you will die, forever staring Into The Void.

I wish for the ability to understand anything I wish to learn or encounter and therefore obtain the knowledge of everything.

Edited by Guck
Added Doom Metal reference

On 13/10/2017 at 1:49 PM, Guck said:

Granted, but you now know the exact time, place, and way of your death. You can not avoid it, nor tell anyone of it. Not a day will go by where you do not think of when and how you will die, forever staring Into The Void.

I wish for the ability to understand anything I wish to learn or encounter and therefore obtain the knowledge of everything.

Granted. Every single thing you look at, you will be granted in your thoughts it's history since it's creation. You can't help thinking it and so your mind will become overloaded and will stop functioning.

dunno if that makes sense, but oh well

I wish for no curses to be placed upon this wish.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:54 PM, Cephandrius said:

The nightwatcher grants your wish.  At your request, no curses have been placed on you, however, your Bane (see what I did there?) is a storm cloud following you and raining on your head 24/7 for the next 16 eternities.   

I wish to win the lotto.  

Granted, but you can only make purchases with coins of the lowest value.

I wish to be able to see music, taste colors, hear shapes, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/19/2017 at 8:05 PM, TheVillageIdiot said:

Granted, but you can only make purchases with coins of the lowest value.

I wish to be able to see music, taste colors, hear shapes, etc.

Granted, You can do all of that, but your senses are very confused.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a map of Urithiru.

1 hour ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Granted, You can do all of that, but your senses are very confused.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a map of Urithiru.

Granted. You get it tattooed on the back of your knee.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a bale of silk-producing caterpillars, with the means to start a silk farm.

On 03/11/2017 at 5:59 PM, Roadwalker said:

Granted. You get it tattooed on the back of your knee.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a bale of silk-producing caterpillars, with the means to start a silk farm.

Granted. a disease makes mulberry trees extinct (silkworms only eat mulberry leaves)

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfil my boon. I wish for perfect timekeeping - I instantly know the time anywhere in the world and know exactly how much time has passed down to seconds 

Granted.  But you also have perfect time keeping keyed to Kepler 438b and the two different standards constantly war in your heads, giving you frequent headaches and confusion about which time you are keeping.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon.  I wish to understand all human speech.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:28 PM, Cowmanthethird said:

Granted, but you loose the ability to understand written text.

Oh Nightwatcher! I emplore thee to grant me the ability to make any container into a bag of holding.

granted, but now all containers feel too heavy to carry.

I wish for feruchemy and allomancy, and the ability to use impure alloys safely, such as bits of metal dust in the air.

19 hours ago, ethan_sedai said:

granted, but now all containers feel too heavy to carry.

I wish for feruchemy and allomancy, and the ability to use impure alloys safely, such as bits of metal dust in the air.

Granted, but using everything except the pure alloys makes you gassy every time you burn a metal.

I wish that I could pay attention and finish my college application essays.

2 hours ago, I am Witless said:

Granted, but using everything except the pure alloys makes you gassy every time you burn a metal.

I wish that I could pay attention and finish my college application essays.

Granted, but you forget to send them all in

I wish I wasn't such a bad person

21 minutes ago, Invested nerd said:

Granted but they are all paraplegic and blind (beyond what stormlight can heal)

i wish to have a pet with the power of the shards of Adonalsium who will conquer the cosmere with me Mwahaha

Granted, however your pet is now an all powerful god, and you are reduced to their servant and pet. The tables have turned, human! 

I ask the Nightwatcher to grant me the ability to perfectly estimate the outcome of my choices. 

Edited by Penumbra
Spelling

10 hours ago, Penumbra said:

I ask the Nightwatcher to grant me the ability to perfectly estimate the outcome of my choices. 

Granted, you can now perfectly estimate the outcome of your choices, however you must now flip a coin whenever you have to make a choice.

I call upon the nightwatcher to grant me the power of turning invisible at will.

18 hours ago, Invested nerd said:

Granted, you can now perfectly estimate the outcome of your choices, however you must now flip a coin whenever you have to make a choice.

I call upon the nightwatcher to grant me the power of turning invisible at will.

People named "Will" cannot see you. I call upon the nightwatcher to grant me a hemalurgic beaver overlord.

5 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

I call upon the nightwatcher to grant me a hemalurgic beaver overlord.

Granted but the beaver overlord turns into the beaver overlord ruler and Kelsier organizes a rebellion against it, needless to say vin kills his evil overlordness  (this sounds familiar).

I call upon the nightwatcher to place the earth inside the Cosmere (the earth also gets a shard and its own magic system). And please don't say the earth is destroyed I beg you.

Edited by Invested nerd
grammar

5 hours ago, Invested nerd said:

Granted but the beaver overlord turns into the beaver overlord ruler and Kelsier organizes a rebellion against it, needless to say vin kills his evil overlordness  (this sounds familiar).

I call upon the nightwatcher to place the earth inside the Cosmere (the earth also gets a shard and its own magic system). And please don't say the earth is destroyed I beg you.

Okay, okay. Granted on all counts. The earth is transported into the Roshar system.

And given the quad-shard of Odium, Ruin, Autonomy, and Ambition. While 25% ruin, this new shard is still far too sadistic to outright destroy the world, and instead creates a newer nad far more horrifying iteration of Braize from earth. Welcome to hell.

On the bright side, I guess some people now have magical powers. Unfortunately, said powers tend to have a corrupting influence. I guess that wouldn't be so different from Calamity. Oops. Reckoners is now cosmere. :blink:

I wish for a sandwich.

13 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Granted, you get a Chouta and a severe anaphylactic reaction to soulcast meat.

I wish that pluto was still a planet (so sad).

Granted. The mass of pluto increases drastically so that it is now classified as a planet. This change in gravitational pull alters earth’s orbit to a more erratic path, causing earth to freeze over.

I wish for the wisdom to wish well.

On 13.11.2017 at 9:45 PM, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. The mass of pluto increases drastically so that it is now classified as a planet. This change in gravitational pull alters earth’s orbit to a more erratic path, causing earth to freeze over.

I wish for the wisdom to wish well.

Granted! You now have the wisdom to wish well and live the rest of your life tortured by the knowledge that you wasted your wish because you are now aware of all the better wishes you could have made. 

I wish to not be cursed by the Nightwatcher.