Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

The Nightwatcher grants you the mechanical expertise required to do such things (assuming that the LG31 you're talking about is the one I am aware of). Congratulations! You are now a perfectly competent mechanic.

As for your bane, the Nightwatcher decides to sic this on you.

Spoiler

Babadook.jpg

If it's in a word, or if it's in a look, you are now hunted by the Babadook.

I wish I didn't watch those 6 horror movies back to back yesterday evening. Because now I am a battered wretch of a human being.

Edited by Mr. Staccato
forgot to put an "a"

9 hours ago, Mr. Staccato said:

The Nightwatcher grants you the mechanical expertise required to do such things (assuming that the LG31 you're talking about is the one I am aware of). Congratulations! You are now a perfectly competent mechanic.

As for your bane, the Nightwatcher decides to sic this on you.

Hide contents

Babadook.jpg

If it's in a word, or if it's in a look, you are now hunted by the Babadook.

I wish I didn't watch those 6 horror movies back to back yesterday evening. Because now I am a battered wretch of a human being.

Granted, the Nightwatcher gets rid of the memories for you. As your bane, you now have an overwhelming compulsion to watch YA romantic movies like Twilight.

I wish to know what that thing is. It's creeping me out.

5 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

Granted. You'd better use them fast, seeing as they lose potency over time. Somehow you've also got to break them off your knife so they can properly lodge in a body. 

You are now incurably invisible. 

I wish for a hypoallergenic cat that's not hairless. 

Granted. The cat looks like this.

Spoiler

Fugu.jpg

P.S. He's got hair. You just have to look close enough to see it - like, microscopic levels of closeness to do so. Oh, and, um, kindly just ignore the balloon tomato thing. He's just, er...  an unfortunate tag-along if you know what I mean.

Your bane is that you now always trip every time you're on camera.

I wish for the 17th Shard to be attacked by a pack of ravenous birds - who will not somehow inexplicably try and hurt me. Why?

Because I am evil, muwahahahaha!

Edited by Mr. Staccato

11 minutes ago, Captains Domon said:

Granted. But rabid platypuses attack you.

I wish Kaladin would kick the bucket.

Granted. Kaladin literally kicks a bucket, however, this bucket hits you on the head, so now you can always hear a constant, loud ringing noise in your ear.

I wish for a massive library filled with lots of interesting books.

On 3/10/2017 at 9:18 AM, Gizmosowner said:

Granted- Hoid has taught you how to do laundry medieval style

Now I'm real curious - how do you do laundry medieval style? And how in the world does Hoid know how to do something like that?

9 hours ago, StormyQueen said:

I wish for a massive library filled with lots of interesting books.

The Nightwatcher can do you one better! She gives you a library of never-ending books whose genre randomly shifts day by day and this world of books is in a pocket dimension that can be entered by shoving yourself face first into a pair of jeans that you own - think Narnia style but with clothing.

However, you must now take care to never lose this pair of jeans - you must never wash it, never wear it (unless you want your legs sticking out somewhere else), and most of all - you must always ALWAYS keep track of it unless you want it to accidentally end up in the laundry or at goodwill.

Oh and your bane is that everytime someone asks you what time it is, the only thing that comes out of your mouth are the following words:

I am just another Princess Consuela Banana-Hammock looking for her Crap Bag.

(Kudos if you get the reference :rolleyes:)

Oh, and I wish for...

...a better world! (And no I don't mean the afterlife~)

Edited by Mr. Staccato

On 3/13/2017 at 6:18 AM, Mr. Staccato said:

Now I'm real curious - how do you do laundry medieval style? And how in the world does Hoid know how to do something like that?

The Nightwatcher can do you one better! She gives you a library of never-ending books whose genre randomly shifts day by day and this world of books is in a pocket dimension that can be entered by shoving yourself face first into a pair of jeans that you own - think Narnia style but with clothing.

However, you must now take care to never lose this pair of jeans - you must never wash it, never wear it (unless you want your legs sticking out somewhere else), and most of all - you must always ALWAYS keep track of it unless you want it to accidentally end up in the laundry or at goodwill.

Oh and your bane is that everytime someone asks you what time it is, the only thing that comes out of your mouth are the following words:

I am just another Princess Consuela Banana-Hammock looking for her Crap Bag.

(Kudos if you get the reference :rolleyes:)

Oh, and I wish for...

...a better world! (And no I don't mean the afterlife~)

Deal! You find yourself transported to a distant planet, where food is in limitless supply and everybody is happy! The inhabitants treat you with incredible kindness and respect. Or, they treat your body that way. Instead of oxygen, the atmosphere is comprised mostly of hydrogen, and you die almost instantly. Your bane is that your body was comprised up of components totally different to what is usually on this planet. So, as your body decomposes, all the levels of atmosphere, etc., are shifted slightly, and the near perfect world is turned into a wasted space rock, all the inhabitants dead. You have to live *ahem* die with this on your conscience. 

I wish to be in possession of all the Shards without the personality change. Also, I wish to have the ability to control all pigeons at will, on the condition that they can control me - and my Shards - at will. 

Wish granted. You do realize there's no Stormlight or other investiture on Earth, right?... I mean, you might be able to swallow pure metal but that's debatable.

Any incandescent lightbulb that is within a 4ft wide circle with you in the center turns off and never works again.

I wish for a nice pair of bluetooth headphones.

1 minute ago, Brightness Enna said:

Wish granted. You do realize there's no Stormlight or other investiture on Earth, right?... I mean, you might be able to swallow pure metal but that's debatable.

Any incandescent lightbulb that is within a 4ft wide circle with you in the center turns off and never works again.

I wish for a nice pair of bluetooth headphones.

Wish granted but you can only wear them from the time of 11:00 am to 11:05 am

i wish for the ability to be a natural mist born on the level of 5 lord rulers combined without any drawbacks.

3 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Granted. You are a mistborn that has power equivalent to five dignitary meter sticks. You also cannot draw backs.

Your bane is that you are allergic to bread and everything that rhymes with bread.

I wish that bassoons also functioned as bazookas.

Okay... granted. Many middle schoolers thank you for the ability to burn down their schools.

You now have to deal with farm animals constantly stealing your bassoons and other weapons/instruments. The pigs talk.

I wish for the power to make people around me burst into choreographed song and dance, much like a live musical.

19 minutes ago, Figberts said:

Granted. You deduce the fact that the government is actually spying on us, and must spend the rest of your days with a tinfoil hat.

I wish for a puppy.

Granted, but your puppy shoots laser from his eyes and clone himself.
I wish be taller.