Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

On 05/01/2017 at 5:49 AM, Lord_of_Awesome said:

I wish to be transported to the Elder Scrolls universe, with full Thu'um capability, maximum mage and warrior perks, and a merciless mission to slaughter every single Thalmor within the world of the Elder Scrolls.

Granted. Your bane is that, every time you kill a Thalmor, you get turned a little bit into one, until you become a Thalmor yourself.

EDIT: I wish to be able to stop time.

Second edit: Typo correction.

Edited by Megadraco

3 hours ago, Megadraco said:

Granted. Your bane is that, every time you kill a Thalmor, you get turned a little bit into one, until you become a Thalmor yourself.

EDIT: I wish to be able to stop time.

Second edit: Typo correction.

Granted, but you can't start time again.

I wish to be able to let anyone experience my mind at will, and to be able to experience others' minds as well.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, Mirdrim said:

Granted, but you can't start time again.

I wish to be able to let anyone experience my mind at will, and to be able to experience others' minds as well.

Granted. Your bane is that you now have the intelligence capabilities of a vegetable.

I wish to be an electrum ferring

2 hours ago, Shadeshadow227 said:

Granted, but you can NOT tap, only store Determination.

I wish to have both Steel and Iron Allomancy naturally.

Granted, but the strenght of your pushes and pulls changes randomly between being so weak you can barely move a coin and so strong as Lord Ruler with duralumin.

I wish for being capable of control Gravity.

16 minutes ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

Granted, but the strenght of your pushes and pulls changes randomly between being so weak you can barely move a coin and so strong as Lord Ruler with duralumin.

I wish for being capable of control Gravity.

Granted, but the power and effect of your ability will fluctuate from barely being able to lift a paperclip to flattening buildings.

I wish for the ability to create ANYTHING.

You receive a remote that, with the right combination of buttons, can indeed create anything. But no manual.

As for your bane, everyone in the world suddenly becomes acutely aware that you have such a remote.

I want the ability to store (and compound) Fortune.

Edited by Rob Lucci

• 1 month later...

Granted. But you can't tap it, and are stuck on storing it. Whenever you try to compound it, you just store more.

I wish to have a free pass of becoming Returned when I die, and becoming the next God King.

Edited by podman36

On 21/02/2017 at 10:58 PM, podman36 said:

Granted. But you can't tap it, and are stuck on storing it. Whenever you try to compound it, you just store more.

I wish to have a free pass of becoming Returned when I die, and becoming the next God King.

Granted, but something goes wrong during the transition so all the Breaths are permanently lost. 

I wish for a life of perfect health with fast recovery from any injuries. 

7 minutes ago, Tazren said:

Granted, but something goes wrong during the transition so all the Breaths are permanently lost. 

I wish for a life of perfect health with fast recovery from any injuries. 

Granted but you must constantly injure yourself because it will over grow your body like dead pool exept worse because it will keep building up living flesh so you become a blob.

i wish that I am physically strong enough to punch TLR in the chest and obliterate his upper body.

43 minutes ago, Gizmosowner said:

I wish that I am physically strong enough to punch TLR in the chest and obliterate his upper body.

Granted.  You are now foolhardy enough to try it.  Enjoy the quick death you are about to receive.  

I wish I could instinctively persuade anyone to pick up the phone when I call them.

28 minutes ago, Landis963 said:

Granted.  You are now foolhardy enough to try it.  Enjoy the quick death you are about to receive.  

I wish I could instinctively persuade anyone to pick up the phone when I call them.

Granted but when they answer they scream as loud as they possibly can and you will always have it right next o your ear.

I wish that I was on I potent and that I could use my powers wisely and for good without limit

54 minutes ago, Gizmosowner said:

Granted but when they answer they scream as loud as they possibly can and you will always have it right next o your ear.

I wish that I was on I potent and that I could use my powers wisely and for good without limit

Omnipotent? Granted. Your bane is that with this vast wisdom and power, you come to realise that the only wise course of action is to not interfere in mortal affairs. 

I wish that I could compile computer programs mentally, being able to fully understand them just by looking at the code.

Edit: Whooops, forgot to add a wish!

Edited by Tazren

8 hours ago, Tazren said:

I wish that I could compile computer programs mentally, being able to fully understand them just by looking at the code.

In order for you to fully understand code, you have TO BE code. Therefore, you are now a piece of living AI in the world of Matrix - it was either that or turning you into a digimon. Oh joy.

I wish for a ham and TLC sandwich. That does not somehow become a monster and will eat me. (I know your tricks you tricky sharders you....)

Edited by Mr. Staccato

18 minutes ago, Mr. Staccato said:

I wish for a ham and TLC sandwich. That does not somehow become a monster and will eat me. (I know your tricks you tricky sharders you....)

Granted, have your sandwich. I won't even do anything to it, it's just a normal sandwich. Your bane is that you are too paranoid about what we might have done that you don't end up eating it.

I wish for.. I wish to be clever

Yes, well you could be clever, but what would happen then? You see, being clever is only the first step, but you know that. But what is the second step? And then, inevitably, you will be too much for the world to handle, and then they will kill you. You will be your own demise.

I, on the other hand, wish for a paradoxical box.

Granted. You receive a paradoxical box. It is highly paradoxical, and highly... boxical? Anyway, it is everything you hoped it would be.

You're bane is that the nightwatcher smites you with a terrible pun. Enjoy your parabox.

I wish for a good idea for what I should wish for next time.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Granted. You will now wish for a man that makes you tacos in your next post. However, the bane for that wish will be four times as worse than before, and you now have rabies.

I saw "parabox" coming. 

I wish that whenever I play a board game, that the actions of that board game are directly applied to a real-world penguin. Ex: if I capture Mexico in Risk, then an entire army of penguins will spontaneously appear and conquer Mexico.

Granted. But since the Nightwatcher only knows board games from Roshar your power only works on chess, checkers, some odd equivalent of Alethi mahjong, and unsurprisingly enough, marbles. And that's just the natural consequences of your (very, very weird) wish!

Your actual bane is that from now on until you next make a wish all your posts here must be made in the form of a haiku(s)! B)

I wish for a subtle, seemingly useless power that has no purpose outside of simple amusement - like having the power to convince people to take off their socks with just a whisper! Something like that.

Edited by Mr. Staccato
Emoji

2 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

Granted. You no longer have to post in haikus. (The second line of the second has eight syllables, by the way)

As your bane, you lose all your fingernails. 

I wish for a packet of Alfredo sauce (I'm all out and really want pasta)

Granted.

Here's your unoriginal bane:

You must watch this video up until 0:14;

Then you will scream the Wilhelm scream and then die in a Death Star trash compactor.

I know they're different movie franchises but I'm a New Zealander so I'm allowed to use Lord of the Rings alongside any other movie. Deal with it.

I wish for the ability to have more original banes.