Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

1 hour ago, Corax said:

Granted! They appear sugared and toasty, and you can summon them like a Shardblade. They are, however, all your body is now able to metabolize. I hope you reeeeally like them.

I want to be able to turn into an awesome dragon. (I'm in the mood to collect riches and maybe burninate the countryside... You know, just a little.)

Granted, you can become an awesome dragon at will, and you now have eternal youth. 

Your bane? In order to utilize this new ability, you must make a demon-like contract with someone, giving that person complete and utter control over you.

I wish for two truly devilish banes.

1) You continually get hungry, and even if you eat, it doesn't fill you, but you cannot die from hunger. Your hunger will consume you.

2) All humans will forever stay away from you. They will never talk to you. You will never have friends. All good human contact has been taken from you.

Your bane: :mellow: You already have two. You don't get more.

I wish for two even worse banes than I gave.

Edited by Chasmfiend

7 hours ago, Chasmfiend said:

1) You continually get hungry, and even if you eat, it doesn't fill you, but you cannot die from hunger. Your hunger will consume you.

2) All humans will forever stay away from you. They will never talk to you. You will never have friends. All good human contact has been taken from you.

Your bane: :mellow: You already have two. You don't get more.

I wish for two even worse banes than I gave.

1) All of the people you get near to will get a disease that will cause them to die in one month

2) The Nightwatcher will summon The Flash so he can travel back in time and KILL BRANDON SANDERSON! 

I wish to read Oathbringer!

Edited by Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew

3 hours ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

1) All of the people you get near to will get a disease that will cause them to die in one month

2) The Nightwatcher will summon The Flash so he can travel back in time and KILL BRANDON SANDERSON! 

I wish to read Oathbringer!

Granted, you will read Oathbringer.. 30 years after it comes out. 

Your bane is that you will never again read a Brandon Sanderson book (aside from Oathbringer), so the book has no context because you will have forgotten everything about Brandon;s books in the 30 years.

On the plus side, maybe a book written 30 years before 2047 will have some monetary value... or perhaps not.

I have 3 wishes:

1. I wish to be a billionaire with a luxury mansion

2. I wish for immortality and eternal youth

3. I wish for 2 creative banes that nullify the boon.

Have fun...

6 hours ago, Lord_of_Awesome said:

Granted, you will read Oathbringer.. 30 years after it comes out. 

Your bane is that you will never again read a Brandon Sanderson book (aside from Oathbringer), so the book has no context because you will have forgotten everything about Brandon;s books in the 30 years.

On the plus side, maybe a book written 30 years before 2047 will have some monetary value... or perhaps not.

I have 3 wishes:

1. I wish to be a billionaire with a luxury mansion

2. I wish for immortality and eternal youth

3. I wish for 2 creative banes that nullify the boon.

Have fun...

"You have the nerve to ask two boons of the night watcher? Two!? Fine... I am feeling generous today..." The Nightwatcher cackles and waves a whispy hand. The  scenery changes and you find yourself elevated and hanging off the front of a beautiful new mansion. Your new mansion. Your arms and legs are bound to the building by a billion dollars worth of precious metals and gems. You find that you have become a figure head for your new mansion. The Nightwatcher floats up in front of you. "You have your mansion and your wealth. You have received your first boon, and now you shall receive your bane. Your senses shall all grow 100 times stronger. You shall see better, smell better, hear better, taste better, (Nightwatcher chuckles at this.) and feel more intense than any mortal has ever known. Now for your second boon... You shall have it." Nightwatcher lays a cold hand on your chest. Do to your inhanced senses, it feels as if you've been touched by the grave itself. "You are now immortal. No physical wound shall be able to kill you. You will not age. You shall forever be as you are right now. As for your bane. You shall be devoured each day by birds and rodents. All manner of forest creatures and various insects. They shall consume your flesh every day: however, being immortal, your flesh will re knit every night making you whole again. With your increased sences, you will feel each bite, 100 fold. You will hear the flesh being ripped from your body. You will smell and taste the blood and bile 100 times more intensely. All while you see every little detail of what's happening to you. Enjoy..." The Nightwatcher begins to fade from your view.

I wish for a burrito.

6 hours ago, DarkJester said:

"You have the nerve to ask two boons of the night watcher? Two!? Fine... I am feeling generous today..." The Nightwatcher cackles and waves a whispy hand. The  scenery changes and you find yourself elevated and hanging off the front of a beautiful new mansion. Your new mansion. Your arms and legs are bound to the building by a billion dollars worth of precious metals and gems. You find that you have become a figure head for your new mansion. The Nightwatcher floats up in front of you. "You have your mansion and your wealth. You have received your first boon, and now you shall receive your bane. Your senses shall all grow 100 times stronger. You shall see better, smell better, hear better, taste better, (Nightwatcher chuckles at this.) and feel more intense than any mortal has ever known. Now for your second boon... You shall have it." Nightwatcher lays a cold hand on your chest. Do to your inhanced senses, it feels as if you've been touched by the grave itself. "You are now immortal. No physical wound shall be able to kill you. You will not age. You shall forever be as you are right now. As for your bane. You shall be devoured each day by birds and rodents. All manner of forest creatures and various insects. They shall consume your flesh every day: however, being immortal, your flesh will re knit every night making you whole again. With your increased sences, you will feel each bite, 100 fold. You will hear the flesh being ripped from your body. You will smell and taste the blood and bile 100 times more intensely. All while you see every little detail of what's happening to you. Enjoy..." The Nightwatcher begins to fade from your view.

I wish for a burrito.

Prometheus, eh?

6 hours ago, DarkJester said:

I wish for a burrito.

Bless your eternal soul! That is beautiful!

5 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Granted. Your bane is that you now have to lick someone to be able to talk to them for a period of 13 hours

I wish for it

Granted. Your bane? It has you.

I wish for the most clever thing (in general) that you can possibly put here.

On 12/16/2016 at 3:57 PM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Bless your eternal soul! That is beautiful!

Granted. Your bane? It has you.

I wish for the most clever thing (in general) that you can possibly put here.

Granted. Everyone makes fun of you the same way Wit makes fun of (nearly) everyone. 

Your bane is that you are unable to come up with clever things to say to people. 

I wish to be fluent in High Imperial

2 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

I wish to be fluent in High Imperial.

Granted, you now speak High Imperial. ONLY High Imperial. You can still understand English but you can't speak it or ever learn to speak it again. To everyone else you will sound like you are speaking gibberish, and you can't teach the language to anyone.

Your bane? You loose your tongue and voice box.

I wish to have a great evil cackle.

Hands you a key chain with a button on it. Every time you press the button it emits an evil little cackle. Your bane is that you have now shrunk and become a real life chibi version of yourself and you constantly have anime fans following you everywhere in groups wanting to pinch your cheeks. 

I wish for an up vote...

1 hour ago, DarkJester said:

Hands you a key chain with a button on it. Every time you press the button it emits an evil little cackle. Your bane is that you have now shrunk and become a real life chibi version of yourself and you constantly have anime fans following you everywhere in groups wanting to pinch your cheeks. 

I wish for an up vote...

Granted, but now everytime you get an upvote you will feel an intense pain from 5 seconds.

I wish to sleep regulary

19 hours ago, Yata said:

Granted, but now everytime you get an upvote you will feel an intense pain from 5 seconds.

I wish to sleep regulary

Granted. You will sleep once every fourteen days at exactly midnight to exactly four in the morning. I feel like you already have a bane. I'll give you one anyway.

your bane is that you are awake when you should be asleep and vice-versa. 

I wish to be THE physical personification of magic.

On 12/20/2016 at 5:28 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I wish to be THE physical personification of magic.

Granted. You are transformed into a massive maelstrom of energy. You are the size of a star, and burn with the intensity and power of a star... But instead of heat and light, you exude magic. Rather than being powered by the nuclear fusion of hydrogen, you are a manifestation of the very essence of energy. Anything that gets to close to you disintegrates into raw energy. Your distant light bestows unusually potent manifestations of magic upon all the planets in your orbit.

Your bane is that, also like a star, you are inanimate, and not at all sentient. You are simply a colossally powerful burst of pure magical energy. A wholly unreasoning piece of the natural world.

I wish for the return of all ten heralds in their full glory.

On 12/21/2016 at 2:34 PM, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. You are transformed into a massive maelstrom of energy. You are the size of a star, and burn with the intensity and power of a star... But instead of heat and light, you exude magic. Rather than being powered by the nuclear fusion of hydrogen, you are a manifestation of the very essence of energy. Anything that gets to close to you disintegrates into raw energy. Your distant light bestows unusually potent manifestations of magic upon all the planets in your orbit.

Your bane is that, also like a star, you are inanimate, and not at all sentient. You are simply a colossally powerful burst of pure magical energy. A wholly unreasoning piece of the natural world.

Well, you have me here

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 1:34 PM, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. Your bane is that the entirety of your existence is erased from the history of everything. 

I wish for an excellent 2017

Granted. A brick named "understanding" falls from the sky and knocks you unconscious. 

Your bane? Well... umm... your kinda... already... umm...unconcious, so... 

yeah.

I wish for all of my 12 children to have either an extremely strong(and dominant) allomantic gene, or an extremely strong(and dominant) ferruchemical gene.

16 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Granted. A brick named "understanding" falls from the sky and knocks you unconscious. 

Your bane? Well... umm... your kinda... already... umm...unconcious, so... 

yeah.

I wish for all of my 12 children to have either an extremely strong(and dominant) allomantic gene, or an extremely strong(and dominant) ferruchemical gene.

Granted. All your children are powerful aluminum gnats. 

I wish to be able to worldhop.

4 hours ago, QuantumSpren said:

Granted. All your children are powerful aluminum gnats. 

I wish to be able to worldhop.

Granted! You can now world hop at will. Your bane? Nothing important is going on right now so Hoid follows you everywhere heckling you to keep himself entertained.

I wish at least a few of my theories were correct if only so I could say I was right for once...

1 hour ago, CastleStorm30038 said:

Granted, but someone else comes out with the exact same theory 24 hours before you do, without your knowledge, and everyone thinks you copied it.

This is why Hoid reasoned that timeliness is what people value...

48 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I wish I could grant any wish anyone had at will, without anyone ever finding out it was me.

Granted. Your bane? Every wish you grant comes with a bane. :P

What's more, the bane doesn't act on the person who got their wish granted, it acts on you.

I wish for the revival of sentient raccoons on this thread.

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

This is why Hoid reasoned that timeliness is what people value...

Granted. Your bane? Every wish you grant comes with a bane. :P

What's more, the bane doesn't act on the person who got their wish granted, it acts on you.

I wish for the revival of sentient raccoons on this thread.

Not going to ask...

Granted. The sentient raccoons become obsessed with the taste of human flesh, and go to your house and tie you and your family up. They eat your family alive in front of your eyes, and when they are done they will open up your insides and make you eat your own guts. But they will keep you alive, and they will eat your limbs and your body untill the only thing left of you is a still-alive head and a bunch of vital organs, attached through spindly veins and tubes to your head and somehow keeping you alive. You cannot move, and all you feel is pain. You will never die, and will be left like that, a head with vital organs strewn out in front of you, for the rest of eternity. All because you wanted sentient raccoons. Your family and you are the only ones they will be able to eat before they return to the realm of nonexistence.

I think I may need help.

I wish to be transported to the Elder Scrolls universe, with full Thu'um capability, maximum mage and warrior perks, and a merciless mission to slaughter every single Thalmor within the world of the Elder Scrolls.

Such a good thing surely does not deserve a bane, right? Right...?