Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

22 minutes ago, Djarskublar said:

Granted. Have some wolfsbane. For your bane, you are now a werewolf.

I wish to be Fullborn (without access to use of the powers restricted).

Granted but now you have not only Ruin but also Odium competing within the planet you live on who gets to wipe humanity first.

I wish human relationships was much more simplistic and not that much complicated.

Edited by goody153

The nightwatcher gives you a funny look for expecting people to be simple, or that she has the power to fulfill a wish of that scope. Then she gives you a signed copy of Words of Radiance and a pat on the back in consolation. As your bane, you always perceive shadows to be going the wrong way, towards the light.

I wish I only needed three hours of sleep a day.

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

The nightwatcher gives you a funny look for expecting people to be simple, or that she has the power to fulfill a wish of that scope. Then she gives you a signed copy of Words of Radiance and a pat on the back in consolation. As your bane, you always perceive shadows to be going the wrong way, towards the light.

I wish I only needed three hours of sleep a day.

Done, but now any time you feel your eyes start to droop, you'll fall asleep for three hours. No more, no less, and cannot be woken up for those three hours, but wake feeling completely refreshed. Good luck not feeling tired while on a horse or behind the wheel!

I wish that I could write the ideas in my head in a way, and with a talent, that the good ones deserve.

The nightwatcher looks at you with tears eyes. "I grant your wish, oh god of your cosmos." The world then dissolves as all literature equal to or better than your own writing, disappear, leaving yours, the most advanced and worthy writing your ideas can deserve.

I wish I was a genie without need of a lamp.

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 at 1:52 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

The nightwatcher looks at you with tears eyes. "I grant your wish, oh god of your cosmos." The world then dissolves as all literature equal to or better than your own writing, disappear, leaving yours, the most advanced and worthy writing your ideas can deserve.

I wish I was a genie without need of a lamp.

Granted. You are now a genie without a lamp... But a toilet instead. Your bane is that your toilet is in a very popular, 24/7 theme park with people constantly needing to do... The business...

You still have a sense of smell.

I wish for every game on steam ever, no restrictions to me playing them.

Okay, granted. The bane is that you cannot stop playing them for any reason. Even to go to the bathroom or die. Not even for food or water. Enjoy your games!;)

I wish for the ability to enter alternate realities with skill, precision, and ease.

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

8 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Okay, granted. The bane is that you cannot stop playing them for any reason. Even to go to the bathroom or die. Not even for food or water. Enjoy your games!;)

I wish for the ability to enter alternate realities with skill, precision, and ease.

Alright, but the laws of nature and the physics constants differ for each reality. Good luck with finding one that doesn't instantly kill you.

I wish that it was easier for me to concentrate on my tasks.

On 30/10/2016 at 9:25 PM, kenod said:

Alright, but the laws of nature and the physics constants differ for each reality. Good luck with finding one that doesn't instantly kill you.

I wish that it was easier for me to concentrate on my tasks.

Done! But now you can't look away or pause a task when you start it, no matter how long it is. Better not be planning to write a whole book.... ^^

I wish for the ability to see a few minutes into the future, the way I would if burning/flaring Atium.

Also...

On 26/10/2016 at 1:52 PM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Dayumn, that's a clever boon. But if every literature equal or better to my own is dissapeared, doesn't that mean the Nightwatcher herself is gone as well? o3o

14 hours ago, Rawrbert said:

Done! But now you can't look away or pause a task when you start it, no matter how long it is. Better not be planning to write a whole book.... ^^

I wish for the ability to see a few minutes into the future, the way I would if burning/flaring Atium.

Also...

Dayumn, that's a clever boon. But if every literature equal or better to my own is dissapeared, doesn't that mean the Nightwatcher herself is gone as well? o3o

That's why she was crying as she granted your wish. She basically just destroyed a few thousand universes, most of them unknown or currently being written. 

Anyway, granted, though its effect is planetary for you and it doesn't come with an automatic brain enhancer, so you basically are adding like seven senses to your current, human brain. Your mind becomes overwhelmed with the sheer impossible amount of information that it's receiving and you are stuck frozen in place due to constant overload of your sense of sight. As all of the things your ability would let you see try to cram their way in through your eyes, you fail to actually be capable of making use of this ability. The worst bit, your range is constantly growing so you can't get used to the information being crammed through your eyes. It's like being stuck watching a movie that's getting smaller all the time and playing right on you eyeballs, you can't even see the real world after this goes on for a few months.

Thats pretty much a boon/bane in one. I like those.

I wish for THE punniest bane someone can come up with related to the words: super, pink, flamingo, or rabies. Take your pick.

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
Misspelled word

Granted. Wit sneaks a rabid flamingo into your house and runs away cackling as it ransacks your kitchen. On the bright side, flamingo bites probably can't spread rabies...

I wish for THE most spectacular bane someone can come up with related to the words: super, pink, flamingo, or rabies. Take your pick.

Edited by Drake Marshall

8 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. Wit sneaks a rabid flamingo into your house and runs away cackling as it ransacks your kitchen. On the bright side, flamingo bites probably can't spread rabies...

I wish for THE most spectacular bane someone can come up with related to the words: super, pink, flamingo, or rabies. Take your pick.

Tossing Wit in doesn't make it punny... Also, where's the bane?

Granted! The Nightwatcher passes you a crate of flamingos, and tells you there is nothing that can be done to make them more spectacular. (I really like flamingos.) The related bane is that you can no longer see any shade of red and appreciate them.

I wish someone gave another punny thing about those words to @ShadowLord_Lith. He deserves better, sorry Drake.

On 11/1/2016 at 4:53 PM, Djarskublar said:

Tossing Wit in doesn't make it punny... Also, where's the bane?

I wish someone gave another punny thing about those words to @ShadowLord_Lith. He deserves better, sorry Drake.

The bane was it's lack of being puny then?
Also I think there would have been a second n in the request if that was intended...

EDIT: Ooh also, even if you did choose to interpret the request as punny instead of puny, tossing wit in might just make it punny. I randomly found this gem by @Argel while browsing a thread...

Hoid is so punny, or so I Jesk! ;)

:ph34r:

Edited by Drake Marshall

Granted, along with the warning that the banes can get pretty harsh here. I'll go easy on you, though, because it's your first time. 

Your bane is that, for every problem you help solve, you feel the overpowering urge to fix another. Each time, the urge is stronger than before, so what happens when you fix everyone's problems?

I wish for the ability to make everyone around me happy in some way, without it being at someone else's expense.

Granted. You become a pre-Reod Elantrian with the ability to draw and execute Aon Omi perfectly. 

You now cannot wear any metal on your body. It is repelled from you as if you had a strong steel bubble on permanently. It only affects metal you are wearing (not touching, so electronics are okay), like jewelry, belt buckles, zippers, shoe eyelets... 

I wish for a can of chicken noodle soup to appear in my pantry every time I want one.

Granted. The nightwatcher, deluged with so many requests, decides to hire an intern to handle some of them. Wayne becomes the nightwatcher's assistant as a summer job in between mistborn novels, and it is he who is assigned with giving you a bane. He is also assigned to handle all future wishes you make.

Your bane is that for the rest of your life, your possessions are inexplicably swapped for other random objects.

I wish to become a kandra.

@Drake MarshallGranted. You are now a Kandra. You just finished assassinating Vin for the Lord Ruler in an alternate Final Empire. Have fun in you dimension!

I wish to be able to compound and use any feruchemical ability I want everywhere, for all time. Stipulations of my wish include that I be able to have access to the feruchemical metals and that these abilities are not spiked into me.

(I've just been thinking about all the practical uses of feruchemy)

Edited by Secrets

Granted. You get the ability to compound feruchemy and you have access to the metals. (Just feruchemy, though, not allomancy. Despite "compounding"'s connotations.)

As a bane, every piece of paper you ever touch will fold itself into a paper airplane and start following you around, Paperman-style. You can drive away from them, but they will always head to where you are and find you. They don't ever do anything helpful or hurtful, and you can walk through the swarm, but they're always there and seem impervious to fire.

I wish for the power to make anything glittery. (Yes, I'm a girl, get over it)

2 hours ago, Secrets said:

@Drake MarshallGranted. You are now a Kandra. You just finished assassinating Vin for the Lord Ruler in an alternate Final Empire. Have fun in you dimension!

I wish to be able to compound and use any feruchemical ability I want everywhere, for all time. Stipulations of my wish include that I be able to have access to the feruchemical metals and that these abilities are not spiked into me.

(I've just been thinking about all the practical uses of feruchemy)

Hey, I was expecting to get turned into bleeder, so I'll take it. I'd sooner work for the Lord Ruler than be possessed by a hostile shard that may or may not be Odium.

59 minutes ago, Bromo_Sapien said:

Granted, but it never goes away, growing to the point that all the shiny glitter would, in effect, blind you. 

I wish to control a Shard.

Granted. You are now Odium.

Your bane is that 10,000 years have passed and the shard's intent has been working on you the entire time, whilst you had no awareness of said 10,000 years.

I wish that I could try out some of Lopen's chouta, as I'm curious what its taste is. Seeing as I am now fullborn and can compound, though I can't use alomancy by itself, I think  I'll store my senses and memory of that moment, so I can experience "chouta" whenever I want

@Drake MarshallI said specifically Lopen's chouta. The night watcher has shown ability to conjure up things. *Assumes the voice of a certain president elect* The Nightwatcher is rigged against me!

Edited by Secrets

43 minutes ago, Bromo_Sapien said:

Granted, but it never goes away, growing to the point that all the shiny glitter would, in effect, blind you. 

I wish to control a Shard.

You should have given her the blessing/curse of Midas :P

8 minutes ago, Secrets said:

Granted. You are now Odium.

Your bane is that 10,000 years have passed and the shard's intent has been working on you the entire time, whilst you had no awareness of said 10,000 years.

I wish that I could try out some of Lopen's chouta, as I'm curious what its taste is. Seeing as I am now fullborn and can compound, though I can't use alomancy by itself, I think  I'll store my senses and memory of that moment, so I can experience "chouta" whenever I want

Granted. Unfortunately, chouta, being from another world, is rather difficult to acquire. The only place you can find any is the dark alley. Your chouta has two hemalurgic spikes hidden in it, and when you eat it you become half koloss. The bright side is, you can now eat dirt and are probably twice as strong as you were. The less bright side is, your IQ is halved, plus your skin is all stretched over your body which makes you look kind of creepy.

I wish to steal nightblood from Szeth, without him noticing.

Thy wish is granted, BUT thou shall not hear the wisdoms of Nightblood, nor his ramblings. Whilst he speaks thou shall not hear him. He shall not hear thee, though you tryest to speak with the sword charged to destroy evil he shall not know of it. There will always be secrets between thee and he.

I now wish to see the great and forbidden private Wiki of the master world-builder himself. All the secrets of the Cosmere shall be mine... no worries everybody no spoilers will be shared.

Edited by Tsidqiyah

On 09/11/2016 at 10:43 PM, Tsidqiyah said:

Thy wish is granted, BUT thou shall not hear the wisdoms of Nightblood, nor his ramblings. Whilst he speaks thou shall not hear him. He shall not hear thee, though you tryest to speak with the sword charged to destroy evil he shall not know of it. There will always be secrets between thee and he.

I now wish to see the great and forbidden private Wiki of the master world-builder himself. All the secrets of the Cosmere shall be mine... no worries everybody no spoilers will be shared.

Done. The secrets of the Cosmere, the building blocks of the fandom, are all revealed to you. The secrets of the 17th Shard, the goals of the Ghostbloods, the hopes of Hoid, you know them all instinctively. You can predict with certainty the plot twists and crossovers of every book in the future, the verbal banter between Shallan and Lightsong's Cognitive Shadow, the tawdry romance between Jasnah and Shai, the fistfights between Kelsier and every Vessel's cheek, the big tap dance contest between Kaladin and Wayne, you can see it all years, nay, decades in advance.

Your bane is that you can't pick and choose what spoilers you see and remember. You can never forget the plot twists that will be in each book, remembering them as freshly as the first second that you read them, and you are compelled to read EVERY spoiler and note that's added, as it's added. You know every major event that will happen in a book before you read it, and can't forget as you lose yourself in the writing, anticipating it to come, lessening your enjoyment of the book as you aren't surprised by something unexpected.

My wish is.... to be able to read Brandon's future books all ahead of time, thanks to some hole in space and time that drops the entire Cosmere collection in my lap from decades now