Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

On 9/22/2016 at 5:17 PM, Elenion said:

I wish for a Tesla Model 3.

Aside - my dad texted me a joke in the middle of calculus today: If you drive a Tesla and it gets stole, is it now called an Edison?

On 9/28/2016 at 5:53 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Your bane is that you can no longer eat wheat or wheat by-products again, under penalty of them becoming three foot long, green, venomous snakes from the very lowest pits of the underworld. 

And you forgot to wish for something! You hereby obtain all the banes that have accumulated in free parking since the last poor soul forgot to wish. 

I wish to be an electrum compounder. (Determination would come in very handy when it comes time to do homework. I'm a horrible procrastinator.)

5 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

I wish to be an electrum compounder. (Determination would come in very handy when it comes time to do homework. I'm a horrible procrastinator.)

This. This is literally me. I feel your pain. Unfortunately for you, the nightwatcher does not. Your wish is granted, but in return the nightwatcher gives you a horrible case of insomnia. Which makes for an interesting combo with your determination...
I wish for the ability to flip water bottles flawlessly. :P

7 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

I wish for the ability to flip water bottles flawlessly. :P

Speaking of procrastination...

Granted, you can now flip bottles effortlessly. But the next bottle you flip will spontaneously combust, killing you instantly and blasting a crater the size of the Pentagon. You are, however, unaware of this.

The curse is that you are suddenly in a room filled with TNT and bottles.

I wish for people to stop feeling hatred of me after I become CEO of Microsoft.

YAY, I'm a bridgeman now! Bridge Four!

Edited by Lord_of_Awesome
Bridge Four!

On 9/29/2016 at 9:19 PM, Lord_of_Awesome said:

I wish for people to stop feeling hatred of me after I become CEO of Microsoft.

The nightwatcher grins evilly as she hears the wording of your request.

People will stop hating you after you become CEO of Microsoft. Until then however, their hatred of you is greatly amplified. Because everyone hates you, they don't ever end up putting you in charge of Microsoft.

I wish for an awakened hemalurgic spike.

On 6/10/2016 at 8:43 PM, Drake Marshall said:

I wish for an awakened hemalurgic spike.

grated however it is awekened by someone else with the order : pierce and it lunges in your eye. now you are under Ati's contol 

i would say harmony but ... u ask for cool boons u get bad banes

lets see i would i ask for lerasium

Spoiler

i am skrewed arent I?

Hm... Yes. Yes you are.

The nightwatcher grants your boon. You get enough lerasium to make you as powerful as the lord ruler.

In exchange, you are bound to a Scadrial version of the oathpact. Odium attacks Scadrial and you are doomed to endure centuries of torture on Braize, like Talenel did.

I wish for some chouta.

Granted. You now have chouta with shells and cremling claws. For your bane, all of your senses get swapped with each other. You now see with your tongue, hear with your nose, feel with your ears, smell with your eyes, and taste with your skin...All of your skin...

For my wish, I ask for a life time supply of pop cycles.

Um, okay. Granted. 

Bane: your temperature perception becomes opposite what it should be. For example, fire is colder than snow and air conditioning is like a heater. 

I wish for all the half finished series on my bookshelf to be completed up to the written point (no timey wimey stuff here) with physical books. 

7 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

Um, okay. Granted. 

Bane: your temperature perception becomes opposite what it should be. For example, fire is colder than snow and air conditioning is like a heater. 

I wish for all the half finished series on my bookshelf to be completed up to the written point (no timey wimey stuff here) with physical books. 

Granted but you are only allowed to read the worst of them all.

I wish i could stop being an idiot on the things that matter.

3 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. You can stop being an idiot on the things that matter. But you are too much of an idiot to do so, even though you now have the capacity to. :P

Living up to that title as "Herald of Irony" huh?

Leaving the wish/curce for others, just wanted to make a fitting comment

31 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. You can stop being an idiot on the things that matter. But you are too much of an idiot to do so, even though you now have the capacity to. :P

I wish for a pile of cloth.

Granted, though it is made of human hair.

Your bane is that it is still alive. Even as you wear it, the cloth grows and lengthens and, worst of all, it makes dandruff!!!

I wish to be incapable of change physically; I can't age, can't grow, can't lose limbs, etc...

(You have got to be kidding me. This thing is still going? I started this over 2 years ago).

Granted, however, any amount of movement involves some degree of physical change on a tiny scale, so you are completely immobile, including your ability to breathe or your heart to beat, or electrical signals to fire in the brain, so you die rather quickly.

I wish for the ability to stop time at will for as long as I want, whenever I want.

Granted. In the spirit of still being ironic... Whenever you stop time, it stops for you as well. So pretty much, nothing noticeable actually happens when you use the ability. And anyway, are you implying that you can stop time "for a time"? That seems... Paradoxical.

I wish for a bottle of shampoo to wash my stack of human-hair fabric.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Goradel said:

Granted. It is magically attracted to your eyeballs, and is not tear-free. 

I wish to be able to play any musical instrument in the world without practicing. 

In regards to the hair fabric thing; Uhhh... what?

Granted. you get amazing musical skills. You are immortalized in history as the best musician ever.

Your curse is that you can only communicate through music. No lyrics!

I wish for a katana that grants sword skills to whoever holds it.

EDIT: This post is the 3,000th reply to this topic! The Nightwatcher gives everyone free cake!!!

FREE CAKE!!!

44 minutes ago, Lord_of_Awesome said:

In regards to the hair fabric thing; Uhhh... what?

Granted. you get amazing musical skills. You are immortalized in history as the best musician ever.

Your curse is that you can only communicate through music. No lyrics!

I wish for a katana that grants sword skills to whoever holds it.

EDIT: This post is the 3,000th reply to this topic! The Nightwatcher gives everyone free cake!!!

Well... I know this one has already been answered... But I really must live up to my role...

The nightwatcher informs you that you already can play any instrument without practicing. Just not very well. She then cackles evilly and takes your left eyebrow as a price for this information.

Since I didn't actually technically make a legitimate post in this game I won't wish for anything here.

On 10/17/2016 at 10:59 PM, Capt. Goradel said:

I've been told not to take baked goods around here... @Lord_of_Awesome

Your katana is stolen and you are killed with it(elder wand style.)

I wish to be a bendalloy feruchemist and win every eating contest ever. 

Granted, you have your wish. "Your bane," she says, grinning cruelty, "is............" she get diststracted by a voidbringer and forgets to tell you your bane, leaving you to worry about what it could be for the rest of your life. You also mysteriously become severely allergic to all desserts, candies, and sweets, though you can't connect that and your bane in your head.

I wish for the power to give anyone I know any power or ability I can imagine, so long as I am touching them and I state that they have the ability.

Who said I had to state it verbally? I'll just think louder than normally around them. 

Granted, you have the third heightening, and I'll even make it so that everyone will be born with breathe ripe for the taking.

Your bane is that you can now astrally project your soul, and you always do this when asleep. Good luck finding your body again, also, this gift is genetic, so your children will/do/can have it too.

I wish I could create investiture and worldhop to and throughout, the Cosmere and back.

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Who said I had to state it verbally? I'll just think louder than normally around them.

Granted, you have the third heightening, and I'll even make it so that everyone will be born with breathe ripe for the taking.

Your bane is that you can now astrally project your soul, and you always do this when asleep. Good luck finding your body again, also, this gift is genetic, so your children will/do/can have it too.

I wish I could create investiture and worldhop to and throughout, the Cosmere and back.

Ooooh... 2 wishes means 2 BANES!! Mwahahahaha....

Granted, you can create Investiture... by dying and coming back with an extra Breath. As soon as you come back to life you are killed again and your Breath stolen. This cycle is infinite. Also, granted. You can now worldhop.

Your bane is that you become an Incomplete Elantrian, after the first time you are killed and resurrected.

Good luck creating investiture now that you can't die, and good luck worldhopping with the never ending pain of a dagger in your heart.

I'm a horrible person.

My wish is for me to have endless stamina and endurance.