Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Granted. The Nightwatcher hands you a key. The bane is that you are not told what the key is for. 

You eventually find what the key was supposed to open after years of searching. It's a dusty old storage garage, filled to the brim with books. Notebooks filled by Khriss, a journal of Hoid's, and many many more interesting things, including from the individual Shardworlds. Inside, the books contain the entire history, culture, and anything else you can think of related to the cosmere. (Including a few suspicious-looking comic books depicting everything that goes on inside 17th Shard.)

I wish for more time to do my homework.

8 hours ago, nervousnerd said:

You get an electric toothbrush that will never run out of battery. It is sort of both a boon and a bane because you got what you wanted but not in the right way? Right?

This. :P

But seriously, couldn't you hook up that toothbrush to a generator and get a slow but infinite source of electricity?

Anyway.

5 hours ago, Sand Master said:

I wish to be a Windrunner

The nightwatcher gives you what she feels you deserve. You are transported to Roshar during a desolation. At this time, spren are bonding people more frequently, so you have the opportunity to attract an honorspren.  But while you have the opportunity, there are no shortcuts. You still have to be exceptionally honorable to become a windrunner.

Your bane is that you don't remember your life on earth, you only remember speaking with the nightwatcher and then waking up in Kholinar without prior memories. You have even forgotten how to speak English, but fortunately the nightwatcher gives you a knowledge of Alethi.

I wish for a domesticated pet axehound.

45 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

This. :P

But seriously, couldn't you hook up that toothbrush to a generator and get a slow but infinite source of electricity?

Anyway.

The nightwatcher gives you what she feels you deserve. You are transported to Roshar during a desolation. At this time, spren are bonding people more frequently, so you have the opportunity to attract an honorspren.  But while you have the opportunity, there are no shortcuts. You still have to be exceptionally honorable to become a windrunner.

Your bane is that you don't remember your life on earth, you only remember speaking with the nightwatcher and then waking up in Kholinar without prior memories. You have even forgotten how to speak English, but fortunately the nightwatcher gives you a knowledge of Alethi.

I wish for a domesticated pet axehound.

The nightwatcher sees it fit to grant your boon. However, on Earth, he sticks out like a sore thumb. Scientific investigators from the government come to take your axehound away for study.

Oh yeah, and you are wiped of all memory by the government, for safety.

I wish to know everything about math, and be able to calculate instantly in my mind.

Edited by The Bear Who Lived
Added wish in "I wish to know everything"

1 minute ago, Brightness Enna said:

Granted. They fall on you from your own personal raincloud for the rest of your life.

Your bane is that you become hopelessly allergic... ... ... to carrots.

I wish for constantly working wifi for everybody at school, including me

Granted.  Your bane is that you are the wifi antenna, and you have to read all the junk everyone sends to each other.

I wish for a nice gooey cheese sandwich.

9 hours ago, Lightning said:

Granted.  Your bane is that you are the wifi antenna, and you have to read all the junk everyone sends to each other.

I wish for a nice gooey cheese sandwich.

Granted, no strings attached. But that's because they're invisible, unbreakable, and tying your ankles together. :D

I wish for insight into the minds of women (without becoming one, of course).

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Granted, no strings attached. But that's because they're invisible, unbreakable, and tying your ankles together. :D

I wish for insight into the minds of women (without becoming one, of course).

Granted, but who ever looks at you from now on will forget you the moment they look away.

I wish for an end to racism and/or a tamed axhound that can turn invisible and I can control telepathically.:P

Edited by Vaatuu

23 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

Granted. They fall on you from your own personal raincloud for the rest of your life.

Your bane is that you become hopelessly allergic... ... ... to carrots.

I wish for constantly working wifi for everybody at school, including me

So it's raining cats and dogs... Literally?

12 hours ago, Vaatuu said:

Granted, but who ever looks at you from now on will forget you the moment they look away.

I wish for an end to racism and/or a tamed axhound that can turn invisible and I can control telepathically.:P

Granted. Since the nightwatcher regrettably does not have the power to change the minds of people so profoundly, she gives you the second option. The axehound the government took from me is tested extensively on in a lab and somehow gains superpowers. The axehound, being able to turn invisible, escapes from the lab and you find him. You can't control him telepathically but you can speak with him telepathically. Your bane is that several important government agencies are after you now. You are a rather high priority target for stealing an alien organism with superpowers.

I wish for a row of tamed chasmfiends that I can teach to dance and sing an ode to Hoid, so as to surprise Dalinar.

Done.  You are now the master Tap Dancer.  Of Legend.  As your bane, you can no longer stop tap dancing, unless you are sleeping.

Then you will tap dance in your dreams.  :ph34r:

I wish for a Magical electric guitar, which plays intuitively, as well as looking awesome.

Granted. You are given an awakened electric guitar with the command "be loud". It feeds off your life force when you use it, but it plays very well on it's own accord. And it looks awesome (if maybe a little disconcerting with all that black smoke). Your bane is that you are made hard of hearing (this is sort of helpful when you are playing the awakened guitar but otherwise it's annoying).

I wish for something.

On 9/2/2016 at 11:30 AM, Drake Marshall said:

So it's raining cats and dogs... Literally?

Why, yes. Yes it is. *cackle*

2 hours ago, Evenstrom said:

I wish for the ability to travel through time.

Granted. You now can travel through time. Any which way.

Your bane is that now you cannot see chairs any more. Couches and benches and stools, fine, but not chairs. They're there if you can find them, though. 

I wish for fire powers

20 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

Granted. You now can travel through time. Any which way.

Your bane is that now you cannot see chairs any more. Couches and benches and stools, fine, but not chairs. They're there if you can find them, though. 

I wish for fire powers

You should have told them that they already could travel through time. Exclusively forward and at a fixed rate. :P

Anyway. Granted. The nightwatcher bestows upon you an assortment of fire related abilities, including the ability to make yourself less fireproof (non-reversible), and the ability to magically extinguish any candles you are close enough to that you could blow them out. As your bane, you can no longer feel hot or cold. That doesn't mean that extreme temperatures no longer damage your body, you just don't feel it anymore.

I wish for a regrowth fabrial (and, presumably, a way of using/fueling it).

Granted, though you have now forgotten everything else about this "Shshsh" character, and you continue to forget it every time you read, hear, or see, anything about him. Worse still, its always right on the tip of your tongue, you always feel like your only seconds away from remembering, but you never do.

I wish for the ability to give people superpowers, sort of like calamity gave the epics their powers when it rose.

You now have the ability, to give people the ability, to grow their hair and nails really fast. Using it drives people insane. You also have to live by yourself on the international space station.

you bane is that zero g makes you really nauseous, and you will never get used to it.

i wish to own a significant share in all barber shops, nail salons, and physiatrist offices, globally.

48 minutes ago, hoidhunter said:

You now have the ability, to give people the ability, to grow their hair and nails really fast. Using it drives people insane. You also have to live by yourself on the international space station.

you bane is that zero g makes you really nauseous, and you will never get used to it.

i wish to own a significant share in all barber shops, nail salons, and physiatrist offices, globally.

Granted but the revenue of those businesses will never end up with you.

I wish i was really good with RL stuff(school work businesses).

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Laryna said:

Granted, but your bane is that you'll never get credit for any of it. Plus, you'll find all forms of chocolate extremely bitter from now on.

I wish to have all the knowledge in the universe(s).

Granted, but the overload of information drives you insane. 

I wish for eternal happiness.

Granted. Everyone you communicate  with will stub their toe soon after that communication ends, forever.  This results in a slowly built negative association that causes everyone to avoid spending time with you. Because of this boon you easily learn to be happy with your own company, and live the last 20 years of your life a grinning hermit with stacks of Brandon Sanderson books about which no-one is willing to exchange theories with you, but a very successful forest garden.

I wish for a portal gun.