Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

38 minutes ago, DelightfuI said:

Oh, Nightwatcher, greatest of thegreat watchers of the night, can I be Nighthound? It'll be funny, I promise.

No. (You didn't say that was what you wished for. Mwahaha.)

I wish for a farm in which I grow giant (organic) tomatoes that make me rich. Who needs genetically engineered food when you have magic?

granted..eating one of your tomatoes turns (not whoever eats them) but YOU...into Rich Valens...minus the musical talent. Your farm is also located outside of Crabtree Arkansas...you get to decide which one is the bane...

I wish for the ability to make uniformed people fart on command.

Granted. You have this power. And I'll even let them not realize you were the one who did it when you use this power. As your bane, for the rest of your life you have a feeling in the back of your mind that you are forgetting something.

I wish for a towel. It is, after all, one of the most massively useful things...

5 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. You have this power. And I'll even let them not realize you were the one who did it when you use this power. As your bane, for the rest of your life you have a feeling in the back of your mind that you are forgetting something.

I wish for a towel. It is, after all, one of the most massively useful things...

Sure, but that towel is always soaking wet, you never get to use it properly 

I wish I was better at basketball 

1 hour ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Your wish is granted, but for every bit better you get at basketball, you get worse in academia.

I wish to befriend and be always able to see/touch/pet all the cats whenever I wish. (yes, all the cats) 

6 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

What makes you think that a towel is only useful for drying yourself off?

You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course you can dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have "lost." What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Drying oneself off is a minor function.

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

What makes you think that a towel is only useful for drying yourself off?

You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course you can dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have "lost." What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Drying oneself off is a minor function.

But if it's wet, it would be pretty much useless (no warmth), not to mention heavy XD

21 hours ago, CalypsoDreaming said:

Your wish is granted, but for every bit better you get at basketball, you get worse in academia.

I wish to befriend and be always able to see/touch/pet all the cats whenever I wish. (yes, all the cats) 

Your wish is granted, but for every cat you befriend you behave more like one, but your intelligence does not drop. Only your behaviour becomes more and more catlike until you start greeting strangers by meowing and pushing your head against their faces.  

I wish for a pair of emerald broams.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. In exchange, you hear everything with a faint echo.

I wish for three emerald broams.

Wit torments you for an hour. He gives you the Browns as recompense, but you're too busy theorizing to take them.

I wish to have a Ponified Brandon Sandwhich Dinosaur Stickmobile Transformer.

4 minutes ago, WayneSpren said:

Wit torments you for an hour. He gives you the Browns as recompense, but you're too busy theorizing to take them.

I wish to have a Ponified Brandon Sandwhich Dinosaur Stickmobile Transformer.

The Nightwatcher gives you a blank look and a RAFO card. You have a vague sense of disappointment for the rest of your life.

I wish I had more Sanderfan friends who live nearby.

50 minutes ago, Djarskublar said:

The Nightwatcher gives you a blank look and a RAFO card. You have a vague sense of disappointment for the rest of your life.

I wish I had more Sanderfan friends who live nearby.

Granted but you and your Sanderfriends nearby will somehow forget the existence of any Brandon Sanderson books whenever you hang out(i used to look for sanderfans nearby  what i did is i just introduced my friend to the books and  i got one lol)

I wish i was more competent with life in general

11 hours ago, goody153 said:

i used to look for sanderfans nearby  what i did is i just introduced my friend to the books and  i got one lol

^^^this is the way to go

11 hours ago, goody153 said:

I wish i was more competent with life in general

The nightwatcher grants you a sort of strange case of psychosis. Every now and then, whether you want to or not, you switch personalities. Each personality has a very specialized skill set, and they are very, very good at their specialization. But not very good at other things. It should be interesting...

I wish Oathbringer comes out earlier than is currently planned.

Granted. Stormlight 3 does come out months early, but you don't get to read it until 2 years after the original publication date :D 

I wish that this small annoying girl from my school would stop carrying Lotr books around in her hands just to look smart (??) when she doesn't even actually read them. It drives me nuts.

Granted. The Night watcher gives you a list of good questions to ask. Unfortunately, they are written in the dawn chant, and you'll have to figure out how to translate them. As your bane, your hair quits growing. I'd recommend being careful of the hair cuts you get from now on. 

Oh great Nightwatcher, I wish for my own mogwai.

Your wish is granted.

Please do keep in mind you'll get to see the fall colors only once, since once the leaves fall off they won't regrow until the spring that never comes.  As years pass you find that it's impossible to grow food on ground that's constantly being rained on, slowly starving most of humanity.  

I wish that this hadn't gotten so dark.

Nightwatcher slaps her knees.

'Too late!'

'Unless of course you wish to alter the fabric of time, which I am afraid is beyond my abilities.  You could ask Chaos though.  I hear his webmaster powers allow him to alter the very fabric of reality, within this site.'

:P  I wish for the ability to draw upon Saidin, without going insane, as well as a guidebook.

Granted. You still have no idea how to use it since you have always had the ability to doodle in books.

Your bane is that whenever you use this power, you feel a desperate need to sneeze, but you never do.

I wish I was a gold/gold Twinborn with access to plenty of gold.

21 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

The holes torn into your soul make you so vulnerable to the thrill that an unmade of Odium possesses you. You become the appointed champion of Odium.

How is this a Bane? :P  

23 hours ago, Djarskublar said:

Granted. You still have no idea how to use it since you have always had the ability to doodle in books.

I'm so confused.  :blink:

Anyway, Drake, you get some Tanavastium.  I'm not sure what it would do, but that sounds really cool. It might give you the Surges. Huh.

Your bane?  You lose all your teeth, Toenails, and Hair.

I wish for UNLIMITED POWER!

And maybe a toothbrush.