killersquirrel59

Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

6,883 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Zoaez said:

Also I skipped the last response cause it had no wish

We've been treating that as a grave insult to the Nightwatcher's time, so give the user a bane. The boon could be letting the person live..... ;)

So @Magestar, your bane is to be the Jar Jar Binks (most hated/reviled) type character in one of Brandon's stories. Better hope for a one off novelette!! :P

So, healing any person... Granted! But when healing someone else, you have to transfer your life energy to them. You can also siphon off life energy from someone else if they volunteer to allow it to heal yourself. Healing yourself is always less efficient than healing others. Your bane is whatever was healed will glow bright, neon red for an hour or so....

I wish for weekends were three days instead of two!!!

Granted. An extra day is added to each week and called "Skyday". Nobody really knows why. However, it throws off the calendar and now nobody knows how old they are. 

Bane: Lightbulbs cease to work around you, though they aren't broken and continue to function when you leave. This applies to fluorescent, incandescent, and whatever else I'm forgetting. Strangely, LEDs work.

Spoiler tag for off-topic

22 hours ago, Elenion said:

Isn't Dalinar's bane

Reveal hidden contents

that he can't remember his wife's name?

*please ignore this for game purposes*

I was referring to in-world. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

I wish that my phone and laptop batteries would never die. (I mean so I never have to charge either device ever again)

Edited by Brightness Enna

Granted. Your phone is Nokia 1200 and your laptop is Epsom HX 20 (you can't buy new ones) hehe enjoy  :P

i wish to go be a graduate from Hogwarts

6 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Granted. Your phone is Nokia 1200 and your laptop is Epsom HX 20 (you can't buy new ones) hehe enjoy  :P

i wish to go be a graduate from Hogwarts

Granted. As the best Ravenclaw student of the year, you've taken your NEWTs in Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Astronomy and Divination, achieving only Outstanding and Exceeds Expectations grades.
Then through some freak accident you end up in the cosmere. You realize your astronomical knowledge, being based on the Milky way, is mostly worthless here. As a side effect your Divination skills also have become rather blotchy, being based on the sun's planetary system.
Then you meet Hoid. As you know he collects magic like other people collect stamps. You're still trying to convince him that no shardic investiture will give him your magic skills because they are something one has to be born with. Arguing with him drives you closer to insanity every day. Your bane is that you never find the nerve to leave him, so you know where this will end.

I wish I could eat as much and what I like without growing sideways.

7 hours ago, Erklitt said:

Granted. As the best Ravenclaw student of the year, you've taken your NEWTs in Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Astronomy and Divination, achieving only Outstanding and Exceeds Expectations grades.
Then through some freak accident you end up in the cosmere. You realize your astronomical knowledge, being based on the Milky way, is mostly worthless here. As a side effect your Divination skills also have become rather blotchy, being based on the sun's planetary system.
Then you meet Hoid. As you know he collects magic like other people collect stamps. You're still trying to convince him that no shardic investiture will give him your magic skills because they are something one has to be born with. Arguing with him drives you closer to insanity every day. Your bane is that you never find the nerve to leave him, so you know where this will end.

I wish I could eat as much and what I like without growing sideways.

Granted. But 30 mins after you eat you go into a food coma for several hours.

I wish I could fly.

Granted. You are now a Windrunner-Coinshot. You don't have your powers through Hemalurgy either. You can access both powers easily, and you don't need to use Stormlight or metals to power it. Because of this lack of the usual Investiture, you now use greenhouse gases to fuel your power. Every time you use your power you clean the atmosphere a little bit. For your bane, you have weird amnesia, where each day you restart without knowing anything but your name and what your powers are.

I wish I could have the motivation to finish writing.

Granted. You have a deadline. Your bane is that your right big toe will always be asleep. Not the numb asleep, but the asleep when you have "sparkles" in your toe.

I wish to never have to wait longer than 24 Earth hours for anything I don't want to.

Granted, but you only have 24 hours left to live.

I wish for the ability to create anything.

3 hours ago, Shadeshadow227 said:

Granted, but you only have 24 hours left to live.

I wish for the ability to create anything.

Granted. Sure. Why not.

Unfortunately you are now seen as a god, like Adonalsium was. You're being chased by the earth equivalent of the seventeenth shard, and any time you use your power they can sense it and teleport to your exact location. Also, every time you use your power, you give the equal amount of power to the people chasing you. After all, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Luckily if you never use your powers you appear as an ordinary person, and the ones chasing you will never be able to find you.

I wish to travel the cosmere as a worldhopper.

33 minutes ago, I_am_NOT_fire said:

Granted. Sure. Why not.

Unfortunately you are now seen as a god, like Adonalsium was. You're being chased by the earth equivalent of the seventeenth shard, and any time you use your power they can sense it and teleport to your exact location. Also, every time you use your power, you give the equal amount of power to the people chasing you. After all, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Luckily if you never use your powers you appear as an ordinary person, and the ones chasing you will never be able to find you.

I wish to travel the cosmere as a worldhopper.

Granted. However, every time you worldhop you forget everything except for how to worldhop. And basic skills like breathing and walking...but everything else in your mind is GONE.

I wish for all Allomantic powers.

Edited by Shadeshadow227

Just now, Shadeshadow227 said:

Granted. However, every time you worldhop you forget everything except for how to worldhop. And basic skills like breathing and walking...but everything else in your mind is GONE.

((Cough cough)(Fren, you need to wish for a boon))

Well, @Shadeshadow227, I guess you get them.

Your feet now cannot stand any sort of shoes except for sandals. No boots, no tennis shoes. It's not that bad but your feet sure look funny in the winter when you have to wear socks.

If you had not remembered to ask for a boon, you would have gotten all the banes up until this point. Since @I_am_NOT_fire saved you, they get that curse instead. SEE WHAT BEING NICE DOES TO YOU, PEOPLE OF THE SHARD?! *ahem* 

That being said, I wish I could have a continually updating planner that works perfectly for my needs.

Granted...that planner is a 400lb, 39 year old man named waldo who farts ALL THE TIME, is always chuckling to himself about something on his phone, has tons of food allergies, and gets around on one of those hover board things...you cannot go anywhere without him...he is however incredibly organized an effecient and works tirelessly to maintain your calendar.

I wish for the rights to a sitcom about your relationship with him.

4 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

Your feet now cannot stand any sort of shoes except for sandals. No boots, no tennis shoes. It's not that bad but your feet sure look funny in the winter when you have to wear socks.

I can just burn Pewter. Ham walks around in a vest throughout winter, and he's fine. So, the bane really doesn't matter. Thank you for free Allomancy.

Edited by Shadeshadow227

2 hours ago, hoidhunter said:

Granted...that planner is a 400lb, 39 year old man named waldo who farts ALL THE TIME, is always chuckling to himself about something on his phone, has tons of food allergies, and gets around on one of those hover board things...you cannot go anywhere without him...he is however incredibly organized an effecient and works tirelessly to maintain your calendar.

Granted. But your armpits are now so odorous that you might not be able to find a production crew.

I wish for a classy car that will never break down.

18 hours ago, hoidhunter said:

Granted. But you cannot watch it, as, every time you view an episode, you'll go blind until you look away, or the episode ends.

I wish for all Feruchemical abilities.

Edited by Shadeshadow227

15 hours ago, Elenion said:

I wish for a classy car that will never break down.

Granted, but when you turn the key, the car will explode.

15 hours ago, Shadeshadow227 said:

Granted. But you cannot watch it, as, every time you view an episode, you'll go blind until you look away, or the episode ends.

I wish for all Feruchemical abilities.

Granted, but you can only use your abilities for 30 mins per year. Haha take that!

I wish to have control over time

1 hour ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Granted, but you can only use your abilities for 30 mins per year. Haha take that!

I wish to have control over time

Granted, but you have no control over space. You are left to guard the Nightwatcher as a kind of living statue.

I wish for a better US presidential candidate. :P

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

Granted, but you have no control over space. You are left to guard the Nightwatcher as a kind of living statue.

I wish for a better US presidential candidate. :P

Sure, You get Helen Clarke, actually pretty good. 

But.

Donald Trump Takes over Russia (somehow) and starts a nuclear apocalypse.

I wish for the ability to transform into a dragon

Edited by I_am_NOT_fire

2 hours ago, I_am_NOT_fire said:

I wish for the ability to transform into a dragon

Granted, but now you are the opposite gender. Because...bane.

I wish to create a new magic system of my choosing. Powers, weaknesses, rules, etc.

Granted, you now have created a new magic system. Your bane is that your magic system involves "multi-tentacled space goats". Because I just listened to that episode of Writing Excuses...

I wish I could have signed copies of all of Brandon's books.

1 minute ago, KnightRadiant said:

Granted, you now have created a new magic system. Your bane is that your magic system involves "multi-tentacled space goats". Because I just listened to that episode of Writing Excuses...

I wish I could have signed copies of all of Brandon's books.

Alright. 

Be prepared for a rather... Interesting bane.

So you have your signed books (Including secret history and the ones that he published only on Kindle.) But you also have a friend who becomes suddenly obsessed with his books. They borrow all of them from you in one sweep and take them on a holiday to Tonga. Have fun getting your soaked sun-bleached copies back.

I wish I had the power to change other people's personalities.