Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Hm... Granted. You get such a notebook... It magically creates paper whenever you need it. However, due to the law of conservation of energy, the paper has to come from somewhere. Whenever you draw out a new sheaf, the notebook devours a random tree somewhere in the world to make the paper. You make a handful of gardeners really, really confused, and if you use the pages persistently enough, you might even singlehandedly become a deforestation concern. Also, in exchange for this artifact the nightwatcher steals all your pens and pencils.

I wish for a hemalurgically imbued earing.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Granted. The chasmfiend is lovely and will live as long as you do. You even ride it to work/school/wherever you happen to be going. 

As your bane, everything you touch from now on will bleed into grayscale, including your skin but not anybody else's. You look scary. It's kind of cool though so hey. 

I wish for a perfect ability to play instruments. 

Perfection you say, hm? Granted.

Did you know that all pianos are tuned to be slightly off? This is because, if they were tuned to be perfect in one key, they would be horrible in another key. So we sort of compromise when we tune them, and have them off in all keys just a little bit. Otherwise, the piano will sound unnatural.

Similarly, did you know that, while people tend to value symmetry in a human face, if somebody mirrored an image of half a face to make a perfectly symmetric face... People would say it looks quite uncanny?

Perhaps you see where I am getting at... Your bane is that your instrument playing is so perfect, it sounds unnatural. The pitches you play are exactly mathematically correct, and your timing is accurate to the femtosecond, but this doesn't seem quite right to normal humans.

I wish to be able to store feruchemical awakeness.

3 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Perfection you say, hm? Granted.

Did you know that all pianos are tuned to be slightly off? This is because, if they were tuned to be perfect in one key, they would be horrible in another key. So we sort of compromise when we tune them, and have them off in all keys just a little bit. Otherwise, the piano will sound unnatural.

Similarly, did you know that, while people tend to value symmetry in a human face, if somebody mirrored an image of half a face to make a perfectly symmetric face... People would say it looks quite uncanny?

Perhaps you see where I am getting at... Your bane is that your instrument playing is so perfect, it sounds unnatural. The pitches you play are exactly mathematically correct, and your timing is accurate to the femtosecond, but this doesn't seem quite right to normal humans.

I wish to be able to store feruchemical awakeness.

That was way scientific...
Anyway, granted. You can now store Feruchemical wakefulness. Your bane is whenever you walk through a doorway, you hear a scream. The screams slowly drive you crazy.

I wish to be a Windrunner.

@Drake Marshall... Wow. Was not expecting that. It's awesome! Kudos to you for thinking that hard. 

Anyway, @KnightRadiant: wish granted. You are a Windrunner on Earth and the Nightwatcher even throws in Lift's ability to metabolize food into Stormlight, to avoid the "powerful but no batteries" thing some may have given to you instead. 

However, since she technically gave you two boons she will take two banes as well. Now, whenever you write on paper, the words disappear as soon as you forget about them. In addition, any words on paper you read fade each time you read them. It will take six readings to make them disappear completely. Libraries hate you if they could only figure out it was you doing it. 

I wish that I could change my clothing by snapping my fingers. 

3 minutes ago, Brightness Enna said:

@Drake Marshall... Wow. Was not expecting that. It's awesome! Kudos to you for thinking that hard. 

Anyway, @KnightRadiant: wish granted. You are a Windrunner on Earth and the Nightwatcher even throws in Lift's ability to metabolize food into Stormlight, to avoid the "powerful but no batteries" thing some may have given to you instead. 

However, since she technically gave you two boons she will take two banes as well. Now, whenever you write on paper, the words disappear as soon as you forget about them. In addition, any words on paper you read fade each time you read them. It will take six readings to make them disappear completely. Libraries hate you if they could only figure out it was you doing it. 

I wish that I could change my clothing by snapping my fingers. 

Granted but the new clothes are for the opposite gender (so if you wanted shorts you get a mini-skirt instead)

I wish i was a sliver of any of the shards.

On 7/23/2016 at 4:23 PM, goody153 said:

Granted but the new clothes are for the opposite gender (so if you wanted shorts you get a mini-skirt instead)

I wish i was a sliver of any of the shards.

Granted, It's a sliver of Ruin. You slowly end up being corrupted as you destroy the world.

I want an infinite supply of peanut slabs. (For all who do not know what they are, they're chocolate bars with whole peanuts in them.)

Edited by lighweaver64

9 hours ago, lighweaver64 said:

I want an infinite supply of peanut slabs. (For all who do not know what they are, they're chocolate bars with whole peanuts in them.)

Granted. However, you are required to carry as many as you can stuff into your pockets with you at all times, so whenever the weather is hot, your clothes get covered in melted chocolate.

I wish for my bank account to always maintain a balance of $1 million, instantly refilling itself whenever I spend money.

18 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

@Sunbird Granted. However, you can only withdraw at an ATM and only $1 at a time.

I wish for a backpack with an infinite amount of space.

Granted. However, items placed in this backpack weigh double the usual weight.

I wish for a shardblade.

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

Granted. However, items placed in this backpack weigh double the usual weight.

I wish for a shardblade.

Granted but it screams in your head all the time, summoned or not. And it can't be unbonded. 

I wish i had hemalurgic spikes of my favorite magics from different cosmere magic system(and no spike in my eyes) like Skybreaker shardblade+surges, mistborn basic 4 metals etc.

Granted. The Nightwatcher thanks you for making her life easy -- the cost of fuel, a hangar, and time and money to become a pilot are banes enough!! She hands you a guide on filing for bankruptcy.

I wish for Yolish Lightweaving, and a bane that does not prevent me from using it.

Granted. You're allergic to the sand. That does not prevent you from using it - quite the contrary: your constant sneezing produces even more elaborate illusions. Your sand swirls and whirls like nothing anyone has ever seen. You're soon known as the best Lightweaver in the cosmere - even Hoid can no longer compete with you. So your services are in constant demand. You need the money and cannot say no.
No one is the least bit interested in the suffering every performance brings you. They see your tearing eyes and believe you're just moved by your own performance.

I'd like to have an E-Bike. (A little cheaper in the upkeep than a plane I hope... :P)

Edited by Erklitt

Granted... But you shouldn't have told the nightwatcher your hopes. That's asking for trouble. The nightwatcher makes the E-Bike upkeep somehow more expensive than that of an airplane. Don't ask me how, but it needs regular maintenance and the maintenance costs unholy amounts.

I wish for Leras' knife.

Granted. It turns out it was just a memory, so you have this cool holographic like knife. Maybe you could do something with it if you could Elsecall to the Earth's CR. Your bane is looking at the blade has a random chance of giving you a "paper cut" like slash that hurts like Blaize for an hour.

I put myself at your mercy by wishing for a girlfriend like Shallan!! :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Alfa said:

I wish my friend won't be sick anymore.

Granted. However, said friend won't be alive anymore, either.

2 hours ago, Argel said:

I put myself at your mercy by wishing for a girlfriend like Shallan!! :ph34r:

WoR spoilers:

Spoiler

Granted. However, to her eyes you look just like her father.

I wish for an emerald broam that never goes dun.