The Birthday Thread

Shivertongue

• 2 weeks later...

*ahem*

I would like to propose a toast to @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, on the 27th anniversary of her birth.

For being everyone's info-queen, pug-whisperer, and therapist.

For setting up what is arguably the best anti-superhero RP in the history of ever. 

For being born on a Wednesday, which is neither Tuesday nor Thursday.

For putting up with jerks and trolls and coworkers who belong on The Office (the American one, not the UK one) and still managing to put in her time on this site.

For being the most popular contributor on the Shard of all time

For owning an incredibly squeaky pug, and for filling us in on all of his uber-cute pug-isms.

For meme-ifying Sanderson.

For fixing printers that no one seems to know how to use.

For being strong enough to break away from her former toxic environment, and brave enough to make a new life for herself and her Bruce. 

And most of all, for being our friend.

Who do you live for, you know? 

A toast, then, to Twi.

A toast to all the love, and friends, and happiness that will ever come her way. 

Happy birthday.

Edited by bleeder

I'm a few hours late, and I apologize for that, but happy birthday, Twi!! You are one of the irreplaceable cornerstones of the Shard. You're creative, funny, brave, kind, intelligent, and strong. It takes strength to escape a toxic environment, to stand up for yourself, to move most of the way across the continent from your family, to lay your feelings out for people you've never met face-to-face to read. I wish I could give you a real physical hug because you deserve it, so much.

Maybe owl hugs are a passable substitute :)

13 hours ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

What bleeder said.  Twi you're awesome and brave and kind and we love you. :wub:

Thank you! ^_^ 

5 hours ago, Sunbird said:

I'm a few hours late, and I apologize for that, but happy birthday, Twi!! You are one of the irreplaceable cornerstones of the Shard. You're creative, funny, brave, kind, intelligent, and strong. It takes strength to escape a toxic environment, to stand up for yourself, to move most of the way across the continent from your family, to lay your feelings out for people you've never met face-to-face to read. I wish I could give you a real physical hug because you deserve it, so much.

Maybe owl hugs are a passable substitute :)

Reveal hidden contents

They're an awesome substitute. :wub: 

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I know I don't exaggerate when I say that I wouldn't be where I am today without you guys. Your unfailing support has helped me through this move, through Twiparents, and through numerous brain weasel attacks. You guys have kept me going, and for that, I say thank you. :wub: 

37 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Thank you! ^_^ 

They're an awesome substitute. :wub: 

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I know I don't exaggerate when I say that I wouldn't be where I am today without you guys. Your unfailing support has helped me through this move, through Twiparents, and through numerous brain weasel attacks. You guys have kept me going, and for that, I say thank you. :wub: 

We love you, Twi. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

It's my birthday on Saturday.....I won't be online because Shabbat, but on Sunday you guys wanna have a Shard party? I don't know enough people were I live for a normal party so.....

I'd love to! The only problem is I don't know how much I'll be available since Sunday is not only Mother's Day but also the day that my parents and I get to Skype with my brother, who is currently on a religious mission in Bosnia. In case I have to miss it, happy early birthday! You are amazing, intelligent, brave, and compassionate, and I hope your birthday is incredibly fantabulous!

1 hour ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

It's my birthday on Saturday.....I won't be online because Shabbat, but on Sunday you guys wanna have a Shard party? I don't know enough people were I live for a normal party so.....

Oh no, I don't have a present for you! :o aaaaaaaa *panic*