Party one - The original party

Umieri

Determining that the Orcs were not going to move, Umieri had moved into the room while the others were searching. (FORT: 23)

Hearing Turjan mention a ceremonial idol, Umieri walked over to examine it.

"Mind if I have a look at that?"

(Knowledge religion: 22)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umieri

Determining that the Orcs were not going to move, Umieri had moved into the room while the others were searching. (FORT: 23)

Hearing Turjan mention a ceremonial idol, Umieri walked over to examine it.

"Mind if I have a look at that?"

(Knowledge religion: 22)

Turjan hands over the idol.

Looking at it, as best you can tell, it appears to be a relatively generic idol of no particular importance. It doesn't seem to be modeled after any major deity that comes to mind, and is likely just some local flavor to some relatively unknown (to the civilized world) Troglodyte god.

At best, you figure that it could be worth a few coppers to the right person, if nothing.

• 5 weeks later...

The door opens easily enough.

From the doorway, you see an open doorway to your left. The body of an orc, his arm outstretched toward the door you have just come from, lies slumped near the middle of this room. A lone spear, Its shaft broken, lays in one of the corners.

[ooc]Did I just opened the door by pointing a finger at it? Sweet.[/ooc]

I carefully look in the room to see if I spot anything of interest(21). Also, I look at the orc to see if I can determine what has killed him and when. (Without approaching or stepping into the room)

[ooc]Did I just opened the door by pointing a finger at it? Sweet.[/ooc]

I carefully look in the room to see if I spot anything of interest(21). Also, I look at the orc to see if I can determine what has killed him and when. (Without approaching or stepping into the room)

From your position, all you can tel is that he is lying in a pool of his own blood. Strangely, the pool doesn't appear to be large enough to be death from blood loss, at least that you can tell from here.

Other than the orc, nothing in the room appears to stand out.

[ooc]Eerongal, feel free to delete this if you don't like it. Just want to get Ungatu in play[ooc]

Umeri, Striax, Seynir, and Turjan

The air immediately above the orc's body ripples, and a whirlwind of colors and lights (including at least two extra primary colors) flashes and dances. A moment later, a huge barbarian materializes as the color storm fades away. The barbarian is wearing studded leather armor, as well as some necklaces and a small iron shield that has somehow been imbedded into his chest. He is holding a huge two-handed sword, afire with demonic magic.

Ungatu

As the dimensional rift spits Ungatu out, he finds himself facing four mysterious characters. He peers at them, trying to look through their eyes into their souls.

"Who are you?"

[ooc]rolled spot/Sense Motive (they have the same modifier for me) to try to discern the other character's alignments. Rolled 16, but I don't know the correct DC. [ooc]

[ooc]I am fine with it, and I will continue just to get more stuff happening. Eerongal, you can delete this too. And there are 5 characters, all of the people you listed and Sael. Sorry for not posting, I was out of wifi.[/ooc]

Striax

I point my nocked bow at the apparition. "Why don't we ask you that? You just appear in the middle of this dungeon that we are exploring above this orc. It looked like some serious magic that brought you here, so why are you hear and who are you?!"

Sense Motive-13, Knowledge(Geography) if I see a little bit of where Ungatu came from, to see if I know it-2,bleh, Knowledge(Dungeoneering) for the orc, 8 Bad luck, :(

Edited by Tulir

Seynir

I look the barbarian over (sense motive: 16), and address him:

"I am Seynir, a wizard, since I see no merit in concealing my identity in this situation. However, his" (I nod at Striax) "question also has merit. Who are you, and where did you come from? And since you are near the corpse we were going to check anyway, any idea what has killed it and how?"

[ooc]You can delete this too. Also, I am chaotic neutral. I hope that is obvious from my mien...(i.e. don't apply DC, please, if possible)[/ooc]

Umieri

Umieri had been walking over to the corpse to determine cause of death when a man appeared over it.

Backing off, Umieri reflexively drew his weapon. "Well now. That's quite a flashy entrance. Mind answering the question?"

Sense motive: 15 in case he lies.

Ungatu

"I am Ungatu, warrior of the Jarhead Clan. My fellow-warriors and I were in a great battle with the forces of Graulas the Black, and in the course of the fighting i was able to come up behind him and strike him down. The power unleashed by his death pulled me through the heavens, and I came to be here.

I glance down.

"As for this, (guestures at the orc) his kind was not present at the battle. He has nothing to do with me."

[umeri and Striax only]

He's telling the truth. His motives seem to be confusion, redidual anger, and curiosity."

Edited by ReaderAt2046