Party one - The original party

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sael

"Urgh," I gag on the stench as the door opens, but I keep my spear ready, quickly look over the room and back up, closing the door when I am out of the doorway.

Fort Save: 14

Spot: 8

Those poor people...

You are unable to fight the wave of nausea that overcomes you. ( you are sickened while within the stench and for 4 rounds after leaving. Since the door is closed you are now outside of the stench)

Turjan looks sick for a few moments, but regains his composure quickly.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but that certainly seems like a room I would rather avoid visiting under any circumstance."

Looking around, he glances over the party, "Well, do we want to open the trapped door or explore the eastern wing of this room?"

Seynir

I wait until the smell lessens, then remove the rag from my face, fold it carefully and tuck it into a sleeve pocket.

"Might as well check out the room for hidden doors before we go on."

I glance back at the orcs huddles in the corner

"A pity they are not inclined to talk. What do you think we should do about them? Should we neutralize them somehow, so that they won't we tempted to attack us from behind?"

Umieri

Umieri shakes his head, "I will not attack them or harm them in any way. Not unless they attack me. They are already beaten, and there would be no point to it. I suck at finding doors, so the rest of you should search the rest of the room. I will watch the Orcs."

Seynir

"Well, if you say so. Watch them carefully."

"Turjan, you have the torch, and the chalk is probably better left where it is for now, so we can see them, So you lead the search, and we'll help, as much as our ability allows."

[ooc]Can we take 20 on the searches like that?[/ooc]

Seynir

"Well, if you say so. Watch them carefully."

"Turjan, you have the torch, and the chalk is probably better left where it is for now, so we can see them, So you lead the search, and we'll help, as much as our ability allows."

[ooc]Can we take 20 on the searches like that?[/ooc]

(you CAN take 20's on searches, but it takes 20 times as long, or 2 minutes per square. This can take forever to search an entire room using. For example the northern part of the room, ignoring where the room turns south, would take 336 minutes to search every square with a 20, or just over 5 and a half hours. searching just the entire northern wall would take 44 minutes. Generally, it's best to just search square you suspect have something hidden there, either by how the room is shaped or other various hints and clues, and of course doors. Also having an elf with high search helps, too. They get automatic search checks rolled in private for them when they pass by a hidden door)

Turjan leads everyone who follows around the corner. Heading south, the eastern wing of the room appears to be very similar to the northern wing. It even has doors in the corresponding locations on the eastern wall. (doors are located on T25 and Z25)

A1P3.png

Seynir

"Great. Now we have more doors to choose from. Well, I guess, the first order of business would be to check them for traps, then check what lies beyond the one not trapped. I wonder if the symmetry in the layout holds for traps as well."

Just in case, I look around again :(Spot: 13)

And move to V22

[ooc]And so, in a few years, the whole room was searched to my satisfaction, and nothing was found but a few pieces of garbage. [/ooc]

Seynir

"Well then, let us try opening one of them. Say, that one"

I point at Z25

"By the way, do any of them happen to smell?"

Turjan chuckles at the mention of smell and says, "Smells no worse than the rest of this musty old dungeon, at least that i can tell from this side"

With that, he heads to the door and says, "here goes nothing!" just before pushing it open.

The heavy smell of stale air greets you as you open the door to this large room. Bits of dried grass as well as larger hunks lay all over the floor as if a tornado recently tore through a meadow.

11. [ooc]Bleh ;)[/ooc]

Heh, that's actually a failure by 1 point of what was needed. Luckily, Turjan has knowledge nature as well, and succeeded on his check.

After taking in the room, Turjan speaks up, "This appears to be an abandoned troglodyte lair, I can smell their stench from here. I wonder what happened to them? Either case, the room inside is likely to be pretty pungent still, those with a weak constitution constitution probably won't want to enter without holding your breath, least you sick up"

With that, he begins into the room, and grimaces after a few steps in and covers his nose.

(anyone who enters the room more than a few feet will need to give me fortitude saves against Nauseated)

Seynir

I try to follow Striax, having covered my mouth and nose with a rag, but the stench is too strong (9), so I retreat from the room, nauseous.

you're nauseated for 1 round.

The room is about 60 feet in length, and about 30 feet across. After entering and getting a better view, it looks like the bits of grass were at one point likely sleeping mats, but the majority of them have been ripped to pieces.

Tulir notices that there are dried drips and pools of blood all about the room.

Umieri

Umieri moves to the room entrance near Seynir.

fort: 22 spot: 15 listen: 11

You succeed your fort save.

After walking around a moment in the room, Turjan turns to the party and says, "Well, do we want to explore this area for anything? No idea what could be hidden among the rubble, but I don't see a door anywhere else in here, it appears to be a dead-end"

Sael

I walk into the room, trying to not gag again [Fort Save: 10] and failing.

After recovering, I turn to Turjan and say "I support a search and it may shed some light on where the troglodytes ended up." [ooc - Sorry for not posting, just finished my finals yesterday, so I should be able to post frequently again.]

Turjan shrugs and says, "Worst case scenario is that I'll need a bath, i suppose."

And with that, he begins searching the southern wall.

(anyone else planning on searching for anything or anywhere in particular?)

Seynir

I slowly recover from nausea, and walk a bit further away from the entrance.

"Any idea how long have they been gone? It certainly smells fresh enough. I don't think I'll go anywhere near that room for a while. And while I don't know how you are going to get a bath around here, I am very willing to help with anything that might get that stench off!"

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for taking so long to get around to posting, guys. The past couple of weeks have been really busy for me, had a family emergency,. That said, I should be good for posting once again.

Sael

"I will search the northern wall," I say to the others, and begin to search the wall: 15.

[ooc]Prestidigitation is your friend, Satsuoni.[/ooc]

After searching for a bit, you turn up necklace of freshwater shells on a leather thong and 2 GP.

After searching the southern wall, Turjan returns to the party holding a small idol that appears to be a cross between a toad and a lizard, as well as 5 SP.

"I'm not entirely sure what this is, but it appears to be some sort of ceremonial idol i think. I've never really seen it before, but I don't think it's worth anything, really. Figured I'd bring it to everyone's attention, though. Not a whole lot of value in here it seems."