Eerongal

Party one - The original party

139 posts in this topic

Seynir

I look around, and listen closely for a moment: (Spot:20 Listen: 21)

"Please do so. I doubt that whatever it is out there is in the mood for the fight, or it would have attacked while Turjan was alone here, but still, be prepared."

[ooc] Do the two doors include the one we came in through? If not, what happened to it? It should still be visible, if the barrier is one-way, as a door, or as a patch of pure black. What is the (visible) form of the room? And approximate size?[/ooc]

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umieri

Umieri pulls out a piece of chalk, casts Light on it, and tosses it to the other end of the room.

"Don't waste your oil. Spells are renewable."

Umieri looks to see what is revealed by the light.

(Spot: 6 evidently I poked myself in the eye, Listen: 8 ...and ears.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seynir

I look around, and listen closely for a moment: (Spot:20 Listen: 21)

"Please do so. I doubt that whatever it is out there is in the mood for the fight, or it would have attacked while Turjan was alone here, but still, be prepared."

[ooc] Do the two doors include the one we came in through? If not, what happened to it? It should still be visible, if the barrier is one-way, as a door, or as a patch of pure black. What is the (visible) form of the room? And approximate size?[/ooc]

(the two doors are straight across from your party, one next to the other. The one you came through moved back through the black barrier as it closed. All that's there now is a sheet of blackness. The doors are about 40 feet away from you, the left wall is directly next to your party, and the room extends to the right farther than you can see in the torchlight, but it appears to be basically rectangular from what you can tell)

Umieri tosses out the piece of chalk, but you're still unable to see the far end of the room, or the source of the noise. All you hear is a bit of rustling, and a few more coughs, but nothing different. It sounds like whatever it is isnt coming towards you.

Current situation:

A1P1.png

(i couldnt figure out how to do lighting in my mapping tool, so i drew it in manually. it kinda sucks, but it works :P the chalk landed around G11 or so. i just grouped the party up under one marker, since there's only one light source at the moment anyways, and position doesnt exactly matter)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seynir

I carefully walk to the chalk, alert for any movement outside the lighted circle.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sael

I also walk towards the chalk, but I skirt the eastern edge of the bright light, using my darkvision to see.

Listen 7, Spot 20.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seynir

I carefully walk to the chalk, alert for any movement outside the lighted circle.

You notice nothing within the area that you can see, but you also illicit no reaction from anything that you can tell.

Sael

I also walk towards the chalk, but I skirt the eastern edge of the bright light, using my darkvision to see.

Listen 7, Spot 20.

From where you're standing, you just barely make out the far wall, and you dont see the source of the noise. From where you stand, and judging by the walls, if you were to get a bit closer, you could likely make out the corner where the northern and far wall meet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seynir

I pick up the glowing chalk and throw it in the corner (k19).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seynir

I pick up the glowing chalk and throw it in the corner (k19).

(Give me an attack roll to make it land where you want. Hitting a particular square with a thrown object is only again a 5, so it's not hard to make. If you miss, it will land in a different square.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13

[ooc]I use ranged attack mod, right?[/ooc]

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13

[ooc]I use ranged attack mod, right?[/ooc]

(yup. you manage to make it where you wished to hit)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A1P2.png

(i managed to figure out some of the lighting stuff in the tool i'm using. The lighting should look a bit better now.)

Seynir manages to toss the chalk to a corner where the wall turns and begins south. About the same time, Turjan walks up to about where the chalk was.

Off in the very northern corner of the room, just barely outside of the light, everyone manages to make out the vague shape of three large humanoids all huddled together. Provided they're alive, this seems a likely candidate for the source of the coughing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seynir

I carefully move to the chalk. [ooc] if nothing happens[/ooc] I pick up the chalk and throw it to f23 (20). I also motion for the rest of the party to join me.

"There is somebody out there, but they don't seem to be intent on attack."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umieri

Umieri moves over to Seynir.

"Still, be careful. They could be the victims of another danger."

Umieri listens to the sound of the coughing.

"I don't have any way to heal disease, so try not to catch anything."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(i'm not going to draw the situation at the moment because i'm at work and cant, but it's easy enough to picture based on the last draw)

As the chalk clatters to the corner, you get a good look at who is over there. The chalk lands just a few feet away from the closest figure. It appears to be three orcs, all huddled in the corner. As the light engulfs them, you notice one of them attempting to stifle yet another cough.

The three of them look extremely haggard, with deep bags over their scar-marked faces, visages covered in an unhealthy looking ashen paleness.

Looking over at you, the closest one halfheartedly bares his teeth in an obviously empty threat before turning back to stare off into nothingness, but other than that they make no other move.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seynir

Hm. These orcs do not seem to be very hostile. If anything, they seem too exhausted to care. My first impulse would be to kill them, but they may prove a valuable source of information. If they don't, well..

I address orcs (in fluent orc) "<Are you alone here? Are you going to attack us any time soon? If not, then do you mind if we talk to you?>"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you start questioning, the orcs look over with halfhearted, uninterested glances and when you finish shrug off your questions, turn back and continue mostly ignoring the party.

(Everyone who wants to can give me sense motive checks)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sense motive: 14

I mutter to myself :"{So you don't want to talk, eh. I guess I'll get my chance to try out those recipes after all.}"

To other party members

"Come here, please. They don't seem to want to talk to me. Maybe one of you can persuade them to be more eloquent. "

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umieri

"I don't speak Orc, so you will have to translate. I want to examine them to see if I can help them, so could you tell them that?"

I wonder if these Orcs are anything like the Orcs from my home plane.

Sense Motive: 18 After Seynir tells them that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sense motive: 14

I mutter to myself :"{So you don't want to talk, eh. I guess I'll get my chance to try out those recipes after all.}"

To other party members

"Come here, please. They don't seem to want to talk to me. Maybe one of you can persuade them to be more eloquent. "

You are unable to discern anything.

(heh, one point too low :P )

Umieri

"I don't speak Orc, so you will have to translate. I want to examine them to see if I can help them, so could you tell them that?"

I wonder if these Orcs are anything like the Orcs from my home plane.

Sense Motive: 18 After Seynir tells them that.

It seems that the orcs have essentially given up, and are just waiting for the inevitable. They also appear to be physically drained, though that's relatively apparent. They don't seem to have any interest in stirring up trouble with your party.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umieri

Umieri approaches the nearest Orc and begins examining it.

Its a good thing I studied Orc Physiology before I went on that expedition.

Heal: 25

[ooc] RNG should stop making me waste my good rolls[\ooc]

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umieri

Umieri approaches the nearest Orc and begins examining it.

Its a good thing I studied Orc Physiology before I went on that expedition.

Heal: 25

[ooc] RNG should stop making me waste my good rolls[\ooc]

Other than the occasional half-hearted attempt to pull away, the orc mostly watches you listlessly as you conduct your examination.

After a thorough examination, you conclude that the orcs don't seem to be suffering from any particular disease, but are merely so run down and exhausted it is taking a huge physical toll on them, manifesting itself in their sorry state.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umieri

Umieri sighs and stands.

Walking back to the rest of the party, "There is nothing I can do. They are simply that exhausted. They won't attack us, and if they do we won't be in much of a bind."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seynir

<I translate words of Umieri to orcish>

"So, you think we should leave the &orkabobs& alone, and proceed to explore the doors in from of us? Or do you think we should interrogate them to learn the layout of the place? They don't seem to be willing to talk, though. Do you think you could persuade them?"

"By the by, what is the result of your examination? Are these orcs similar to the ones from your own plane?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umieri

"I can't determine that by examination. Orcs of Eberron tend to be more of a spiritual people than what I hear of here. Less raving barbarian, more peaceful farmer."

It isn't really all that important.

"I think we should just leave them and continue. They aren't all that willing to talk, and I don't fell like attacking defenseless creatures whom I just examined."

[ooc] Satsuoni. when I type, italics = thoughts and quotations = words. I wasn't sure if you thought Umieri spoke in that post.[\ooc]

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[ooc] Yes, i know, I am using the same notation. (also I hope that orcs don't speak infernal) Sorry, I was reading that post from iPhone and missed italics (and a closing quote). Handwave : I was just curious [/ooc]

Seynir

"Fine. No need to waste my spells then."

I turn to Turjan : "Could you please check both of those doors for traps? Feel free to take your time, we are in no particular hurry."

[edit][ooc] Eerongal, could you put the doors (or some marks) on the picture, so we could differentiate between them?[/ooc]

Edited by Satsuoni
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.