I come with an invitation!

KolinahrMaster

Hi all! My name is Billy Todd, and like everyone here I'm a big fan of Brandon's books.

Also, as indicated in my .sig below, I am plugged in to a few organizations he's affiliated with. 

First, I'm the track director for the inaugural SandersonTrack at the JordanCon literary fan convention held each April in Atlanta, Ga. Brandon frequently attends this convention for obvious reasons, and next year I have the pleasure/honor/horror of heading up a new panel track devoted entirely to Brandon and his works. 

Second, Brandon and I are both members of the Board of Directors for the Waygate Foundation, a registered 501c3 charity founded in honor of Robert Jordan, which is dedicated to helping the sci-fi and fantasy community pull off charitable endeavors. 

Preparation for my duties as track director have brought me out of lurker form and into a more active role. Whether this makes me more like Eshonai or Hoid is yet to be determined. 

I plan to post where I can contribute, but I'd also take this chance to invite anyone interested in 1) contributing content or ideas to the upcoming SandersonTrack at JordanCon to send me a message (or comment in this thread); or 2) charitable endeavors generally to check out the Waygate Foundation in the above link. 

I'm looking forward to joining this most excellent band of crazy. 

"this most excellent band of crazy." 

Well put, and quite accurate.

Please, on behalf of the 17th Shard, the Dark Alley, and my tortoise Noodles, accept this cookie and this upvote.

As for the first invitation, ask Brandon if he can share something related to Shadows of Self, especially since it's on the progress bar now. Make sure to record ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING he says, mentions, or reads. Please.

As for the second invitation, I followed the link, did some reading, and would like to applaud you and the work you're doing. Good Show.

Welcome to the Excellent Insanity.

Welcome to the forums.

What exactly are you looking for for the panels? We'll probably need to start indoctrinating educating you now if you want to cover any in-depth Realmatics...

Specifically, I have a preliminary panel list but am looking for additional panel topics (and then the expertise to address those topics).  Also, panelists themselves if anyone is looking to attend in April. 

Also, panelists themselves if anyone is looking to attend in April. 

Never have I wanted to go to Georgia more...

Other topics to cover:

Hemalurgy

The Stick: will we see more of it? Will fire be in the picture?

The Aimian 

Edited by Fatebreaker