Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

It's interesting that in this whole discussion of enemity, Nighthound, the biggest meany-Face in town, was never brought up.

Pony aknowledged and I like it, Even if we have to Extreminate it for being a caommie. ;p

For Parity's recrution there's also the Option of having Nighthound do the job but I can easily See why someone Would take up One of the other Offers.

Nighthound was never brought up because I thought it was a given that everyone in this story, up to and including inanimate objects, hates him. :P 

How are you feeling, what with your wisdom teeth out and all? 

Nighthound was never brought up because I thought it was a given that everyone in this story, up to and including inanimate objects, hates him. :P 

How are you feeling, what with your wisdom teeth out and all?

Good point. It' still interesting that no one talked about him betraying anyone else.

Better than expected, to be honest. Then again the real question is if that will Last until the evening, when I can actually ist down at home and relax.

Good point. It' still interesting that no one talked about him betraying anyone else.

Better than expected, to be honest. Then again the real question is if that will Last until the evening, when I can actually ist down at home and relax.

He murdered Voidgaze twice and made Ray wear a dog collar. He'll probably betray all three factions at the same time just to prove he can. :P

Good. Hope it does last. Getting your wisdom teeth out sucks.

He murdered Voidgaze twice and made Ray wear a dog collar. He'll probably betray all three factions at the same time just to prove he can. :P

He betrays them all to Möbius, just because he really started to not like Lightwards

Mobius: I'm going to lock you in a pocket universe and kill you. 

Lightwards: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH *dies* 

Mobius: Well? Are you up for Round Two? 

Lightwards: It has been fun, but I must go now. *runs to Oregon* 

….yeah. :P

COMMIE! That orange! It clearly means she's a Soviet Communist, because red and yellow together make orange! SHE'S A COMMIE AND YOU'RE A COMMIE TOO!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!! :P

I like it, actually. :)

EDIT: And here is the Laurie pony: 

Laurie_zps0a363e82.png

I know that no self-respecting hunter would wear a pink vest out in the woods, but I added it for aesthetic reasons. ;)

She looks awesome. :D

(And now I'm hating Koschei even more. :P)

He betrays them all to Möbius, just because he really started to not like Lightwards

Möhound was one of our earlier and more popular ships. :P

Kobold King, on 19 Sept 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:snapback.png

She looks awesome.  :D

(And now I'm hating Koschei even more.  :P)

Möhound was one of our earlier and more popular ships.  :P

Thanks!

Just wait till you meet him. There are certain scenes I look forward to writing with each of my characters, and with Koschei, I'm eagerly anticipating the part where Remington kills him.   :mellow: Actually, I think I'll just write that scene now, then go back and connect the dots to get there. 

How does it feel, Koschei, when your own writer can't wait to kill you?  :P

Mohound is one of those wonderful opposites-attract ships where no one has to be out of character for it to work.  ;)

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Poor Koschei. Clearly he needs some quality time with Slaughterhouse to cheer him up. :P

So, having read all of Steelheart in a single sleepless night, I have compiled a list of canon details relevant to this RP.

1. Megan is said to have "grown up" in Portland, and describes Oregon as being completely reduced to rubble and fallen-down trees.The way she talked about it made me suspect that she personally witnessed parts of the destruction.

2. The single defining trait that all active Epics share is contempt. This feature is brought up over and over again--Epics in use of their powers seem completely incapable of having a decent conversation with anyone else, stopping to deride their enemies and allies alike at every opportunity. CorpseMaker, Altermind, and Lightwards all fit in with this accurately, but our more Affably Evil Epics are a little more inexplicable in canon.

3. The only known Epic laboratory mentioned in canon had a particular interest in kinetic energy Epics, and apparently blew themselves up shortly before the novel's events. Considering Purple Phoenix's gadgets are very similar to Rick O'Shea's power, I strongly suspect some form of connection.

4. The southern states are apparently led by a team of six Epics called The Coven. Not so much relevant as it is sparking awesome.

Poor Koschei. Clearly he needs some quality time with Slaughterhouse to cheer him up. :P

So, having read all of Steelheart in a single sleepless night, I have compiled a list of canon details relevant to this RP.

1. Megan is said to have "grown up" in Portland, and describes Oregon as being completely reduced to rubble and fallen-down trees.The way she talked about it made me suspect that she personally witnessed parts of the destruction.

2. The single defining trait that all active Epics share is contempt. This feature is brought up over and over again--Epics in use of their powers seem completely incapable of having a decent conversation with anyone else, stopping to deride their enemies and allies alike at every opportunity. CorpseMaker, Altermind, and Lightwards all fit in with this accurately, but our more Affably Evil Epics are a little more inexplicable in canon.

3. The only known Epic laboratory mentioned in canon had a particular interest in kinetic energy Epics, and apparently blew themselves up shortly before the novel's events. Considering Purple Phoenix's gadgets are very similar to Rick O'Shea's power, I strongly suspect some form of connection.

4. The southern states are apparently led by a team of six Epics called The Coven. Not so much relevant as it is sparking awesome.

This really is Nightmare Night. :o:P

1. Megan is lurking somewhere in Portland. Sweet. :P

2. I don't know, Conflux was not only able to have a decent conversation, but was very rational and friendly as he did so. I think this had to do with his being a gifter with no self-interest. Nighthound, our evil gifter with a sociopathic level of self-interest, could be considered the anti-Conflux (rational while using his powers, but with every ounce of that rationality used for his own ends) and fits with canon in that regard, in my opinion. Doctor Funtimes was envisioned as a sort of quasi-gifter, with her powers affecting objects instead of people and a host of issues stemming from that (e.g., she can't create human life and thus sees it as special, since she can't just make friends ( :P) or fix them when they're hurt). 

3. Was that lab in America or Ireland? Because if it was in Ireland, Purple Phoenix needs a completely awesome backstory to explain how he got from Ireland to Oregon. :P

4. Agreed. B)

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

This really is Nightmare Night. :o:P

1. Megan is lurking somewhere in Portland. Sweet. :P

2. I don't know, Conflux was not only able to have a decent conversation, but was very rational and friendly as he did so. I think this had to do with his being a gifter with no self-interest. Nighthound, our evil gifter with a sociopathic level of self-interest, could be considered the anti-Conflux (rational while using his powers, but with every ounce of that rationality used for his own ends) and fits with canon in that regard, in my opinion. Doctor Funtimes was envisioned as a sort of quasi-gifter, with her powers affecting objects instead of people and a host of issues stemming from that (e.g., she can't create human life and thus sees it as special, since she can't just make friends ( :P) or fix them when they're hurt). 

3. Was that lab in America or Ireland? Because if it was in Ireland, Purple Phoenix needs a completely awesome backstory to explain how he got from Ireland to Oregon. :P

4. Agreed. B)

1. I can't tell you how tempting it is to start sneaking Megan into posts as a "Where's Waldo" easter egg. :P

2.  Gifters are very definitely the exception to the rule. (Nighthound can gift to people without taking control of them, right? I wonder if any of Funtimes' vanillas could be persuaded to take his strength and healing in the event of a dangerous battle sequence.)

3. Wait, Cody mentioned that he had to kill an Irishman to get his four-leaf clover... did Cody kill Purple Phoenix? :o

4. Since David mentions that two of The Coven are twins, I'm hopeful that we'll see them in the future. If Brandon Sanderson has planned them out in such detail, we've got to see them eventually... right?

1. I can't tell you how tempting it is to start sneaking Megan into posts as a "Where's Waldo" easter egg. :P

2. Gifters are very definitely the exception to the rule. (Nighthound can gift to people without taking control of them, right? I wonder if any of Funtimes' vanillas could be persuaded to take his strength and healing in the event of a dangerous battle sequence.)

3. Wait, Cody mentioned that he had to kill an Irishman to get his four-leaf clover... did Cody kill Purple Phoenix? :o

4. Since David mentions that two of The Coven are twins, I'm hopeful that we'll see them in the future. If Brandon Sanderson has planned them out in such detail, we've got to see them eventually... right?

1. Resisting temptation is too much work. So let's not. :P

2. He can't gift healing, but I think he could gift strength without taking control. Not that he would.

3. O.o

4. Will I get my wish for a third installment set in New Orleans? :D

1. Resisting temptation is too much work. So let's not. :P

2. He can't gift healing, but I think he could gift strength without taking control. Not that he would.

3. O.o

4. Will I get my wish for a third installment set in New Orleans? :D

1. Muahahaha. I know just where to begin. :P

2. I forgot that he couldn't gift healing. And I think there are circumstances in which Nighthound might gift without seizing control--the threat of Funtimes burying him under sixteen tons of confectioner's glaze might be sufficient.

3. The plot thickens.

4. We can only hope so. :D

1. Muahahaha. I know just where to begin. :P

2. I forgot that he couldn't gift healing. And I think there are circumstances in which Nighthound might gift without seizing control--the threat of Funtimes burying him under sixteen tons of confectioner's glaze might be sufficient.

3. The plot thickens.

4. We can only hope so. :D

1. I shall wait with eager anticipation. :D

2. He could only escape by eating his way out, and by the time he reached terra firma, he would have such a massive sugar high that his only order to his hounds would be "Jump up and down with me, jump up and down, see isn't this fun, jump up and down, up and down!" *manic giggles* 

3. Things are getting seriously awesome in here…..:P

4. I'm not going to expect it. If I expect it, then I'll be seriously disappointed when it doesn't happen. Instead, I'll expect the most boring setting I can. Kansas. In a wheat field. Calamity takes place entirely in a Kansas wheat field. :P 

1. I shall wait with eager anticipation. :D

2. He could only escape by eating his way out, and by the time he reached terra firma, he would have such a massive sugar high that his only order to his hounds would be "Jump up and down with me, jump up and down, see isn't this fun, jump up and down, up and down!" *manic giggles* 

3. Things are getting seriously awesome in here….. :P

4. I'm not going to expect it. If I expect it, then I'll be seriously disappointed when it doesn't happen. Instead, I'll expect the most boring setting I can. Kansas. In a wheat field. Calamity takes place entirely in a Kansas wheat field. :P

Calamity is told exclusively from Calamity's point of view, and the narration consists entirely of the phrase "I am an evil supernova" over and over again. :P

Steelheart deleted epilogue, in which David is knocked unconscious in the final explosion:

I've seen Steelheart bleed.

I've seen him burn. I've seen him scream and die in a blazing inferno. I've seen his skull.

Yet despite all of that, I was completely unprepared for what I saw upon waking up. I opened my eyes against a throbbing migraine--looking around, it seemed like I was in a garden of some kind. 

Rising up, I suddenly found myself face to face with a woman in a color-splattered dress, her glittery hair framing a face wracked with a mischievous smile. 

"Um, sorry," I said, dazed. "Where am I?"

The woman passed me a cup of what seemed to be chocolate milk before launching into a breathless narrative.

"You were so amazingly amazing out there! I was watching from a distance and Steelheart came and he was beating you up and then you were like 'my father didn't fear you' and he was like 'Grrr' and you were like 'KABOOM' and it was so awesomely awesome..."

I've seen Steelheart bleed without batting an eyelid. I have killed more High Epics in one month than most people do in a lifetime.

But here in this garden, chocolate milk in my hand with a beautiful woman chattering about my exploits, I suddenly had a bad feeling about what was to come.

Calamity is told exclusively from Calamity's point of view, and the narration consists entirely of the phrase "I am an evil supernova" over and over again. :P

Steelheart deleted epilogue, in which David is knocked unconscious in the final explosion:

I've seen Steelheart bleed.

I've seen him burn. I've seen him scream and die in a blazing inferno. I've seen his skull.

Yet despite all of that, I was completely unprepared for what I saw upon waking up. I opened my eyes against a throbbing migraine--looking around, it seemed like I was in a garden of some kind. 

Rising up, I suddenly found myself face to face with a woman in a color-splattered dress, her glittery hair framing a face wracked with a mischievous smile. 

"Um, sorry," I said, dazed. "Where am I?"

The woman passed me a cup of what seemed to be chocolate milk before launching into a breathless narrative.

"You were so amazingly amazing out there! I was watching from a distance and Steelheart came and he was beating you up and then you were like 'my father didn't fear you' and he was like 'Grrr' and you were like 'KABOOM' and it was so awesomely awesome..."

I've seen Steelheart bleed without batting an eyelid. I have killed more High Epics in one month than most people do in a lifetime.

But here in this garden, chocolate milk in my hand with a beautiful woman chattering about my exploits, I suddenly had a bad feeling about what was to come.

Until David kills it, at which point we reach the last line, which is "I was an evil supernova." End book. Roll credits. :P 

….

I can't think of anything to add to that. You don't add paint to a masterpiece. :D

Until David kills it, at which point we reach the last line, which is "I was an evil supernova." End book. Roll credits. :P

….

I can't think of anything to add to that. You don't add paint to a masterpiece. :D

Ending such an awesome series with such a lackluster ending would be... calamitous. B)

I knew staying up all night to reread the book would pay off eventually.  ^_^  (Thanks. :))

The battle for mankind continues in January 2015...

f42380e6c4620ab4c222282aa0951ea4.jpg

Ending such an awesome series with such a lackluster ending would be... calamitous. B)

I knew staying up all night to reread the book would pay off eventually.  ^_^  (Thanks. :))

The battle for mankind continues in January 2015...

f42380e6c4620ab4c222282aa0951ea4.jpg

"Doctor," Cody said slowly, "where is Prof?" 

Doctor Funtimes—was that seriously the name she picked? Seriously?giggled. "He had some business to do, but he left me in charge." 

"In charge of what, exactly?" Tia asked. 

She giggled again. I knew right then that there would be a lot of giggling. "Hunting down all the meaniefaces, duh!" 

Abraham looked at all of us, then at her. "Would you mind telling us what, exactly, is a meanieface? It seems to be an important definition." 

Doctor Funtimes grinned. "Fortuity. Fortuity was a dirty meanieface full of lame." She giggled again. "But don't worry. His hat beat him up and I made his car all prettyful." 

I blinked, the pieces flying together in my mind. Everyone who knew Fortuity knew he'd fallen out of favor, but Steelheart had kept most of the details under wraps. Being beaten by his own hat before a giggling Epic with glitter in her hair turned his car into something "prettyful" would certainly cast him out of favor. 

"The Weinermobile incident," I said slowly, "that was you?" 

"Uh-huh! It was much better than that lame old convertible." 

"Well, I'm in," I said. "Let's find those meaniefaces."

"Doctor," Cody said slowly, "where is Prof?" 

Doctor Funtimes—was that seriously the name she picked? Seriously?giggled. "He had some business to do, but he left me in charge." 

"In charge of what, exactly?" Tia asked. 

She giggled again. I knew right then that there would be a lot of giggling. "Hunting down all the meaniefaces, duh!" 

Abraham looked at all of us, then at her. "Would you mind telling us what, exactly, is a meanieface? It seems to be an important definition." 

Doctor Funtimes grinned. "Fortuity. Fortuity was a dirty meanieface full of lame." She giggled again. "But don't worry. His hat beat him up and I made his car all prettyful." 

I blinked, the pieces flying together in my mind. Everyone who knew Fortuity knew he'd fallen out of favor, but Steelheart had kept most of the details under wraps. Being beaten by his own hat before a giggling Epic with glitter in her hair turned his car into something "prettyful" would certainly cast him out of favor. 

"The Weinermobile incident," I said slowly, "that was you?" 

"Uh-huh! It was much better than that lame old convertible." 

"Well, I'm in," I said. "Let's find those meaniefaces."

mlfw2539_medium.jpg

(That was pretty awesome. :D)

Out of curiosity, whose turn is it in Oregon?

Excellent question. In the museum, I think it's you or Edge. In the shack, I think it might be Voidus, and in Thoughttown it's Panacea.

I would say Edge makes the most sense as the next Museum player. Voidgaze hasn't been given a chance to respond to Lightwards' ranting yet. I should definitely wait for the Voiduses in the shack, and I don't have anyone in Thoughttown at the moment.

I think it would be better if Aldo and Cricket recruiting Parity instead of her wandering towards the MoNA and seeing pancakes.  Would that work for you, Kobold?

That could definitely work for me. :) Just let me know when, and I can start getting them onto the streets to meet her. Any specific ideas on how they might encounter her?

(Aldo and Cricket may become instantly elevated to "Better Than Nighthound" status in Lightwards' hierarchy from this. :P)