Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

For my characters reacting to a Living Koschei:

For Nighthound it depends on one detail, do they hit it of first or does Koschei demand him to call him his god before they become “friends.”

In case they do already go along well Nighthound would go sure why not and mental quotation marks to “god”.

Lucentia wouldn´t take well to someone claiming to be above her, equals she could do but no god-emperor above her.

The fighting chance of Astoria would depend on what kind of forces Koschei can organize but unless he gets the help of Calamityville or something I give them a pretty good fighting chance.

Voidgaze probably wouldn´t notice the difference. Should Koschei demand some kind of personal declaration of loyalty she wouldn´t care like at all, going “yeah whatever.”

For my characters reacting to a Living Koschei:

For Nighthound it depends on one detail, do they hit it of first or does Koschei demand him to call him his god before they become “friends.”

In case they do already go along well Nighthound would go sure why not and mental quotation marks to “god”.

Lucentia wouldn´t take well to someone claiming to be above her, equals she could do but no god-emperor above her.

The fighting chance of Astoria would depend on what kind of forces Koschei can organize but unless he gets the help of Calamityville or something I give them a pretty good fighting chance.

Voidgaze probably wouldn´t notice the difference. Should Koschei demand some kind of personal declaration of loyalty she wouldn´t care like at all, going “yeah whatever.”

As for how Koschei treated Lucentia, it would depend on whether she attacked or waited for him to come to her. If she attacked, he would declare war and give her an ultimatum (serve me or die). If he went to her, there is a good chance he would be impressed with Astoria and request an alliance.

Nighthound and Voidgaze....that sounds about right. ;) How would Ray react?

I'm back! So Kobold, we can do the Glamour/Edgerunner scene when you're ready. I'll also have an Altermind post up soonish.

Twi, I know I've said this before, I just want to make sure you saw it. Did you see where I said that Frequency would've worked for Koschei?

Well there'd be someone keeping an eye on the main players, so maybe they could organize an earlier strike against TT once AM has left.

Would it be at the same time as the Empire attack?

Mailliw had a map on the first Question thread. Uh, somewhere.

55047076.jpg

(What songs, if I may ask?)

yes, yes I did. Only its buried in that thread and quite outdated. It did have the three faction's boundaries though.

Frank Moses is the Most Badchull Man in my favorite Movie, RED. So Moses isn't actually a Bible reference.

And the Reckoners as a whole aren't really fighters. Most cells move around a lot. This Cell is more of a Hub, gathering Information and researching Epic Powers. Rachel and Luke work on making stuff. Sierra is their link to the rest of the Reckoners, as well as a Con-woman. Dr. Pace is a Medical Doctor. Charles is their leader, and not an Epic. They only had three fighters, Frank, Moses and Seth. 

And why does this site want to correct Badchull to Hullabaloo?

Oh okay. Cool! I'm excited to do more with them.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Upgrade accidentally got killed during the MEE attack? They would just assume he was some random henchman and shoot the most wanted epic in the city. 

Came up with another Epic for MEE

Duct-tape: He a tape-mancer, capable of creating and controlling duct tape. Partner in crime to the Mad Ballooner.

i would be fine with that. ;) He just makes everything so much harder. ;)

What do you mean by his speciality? He's quite the performer and I feel like he and Aldo would have a fantastic time together. He whistles little tunes very often and usually uses that instead of his clapping power. He tends to whistle at frequencies that are just enough to get things to quiver and shake unless he is actually trying to break them. He does it to scare people off.

What do you mean by his speciality? He's quite the performer and I feel like he and Aldo would have a fantastic time together. He whistles little tunes very often and usually uses that instead of his clapping power. He tends to whistle at frequencies that are just enough to get things to quiver and shake unless he is actually trying to break them. He does it to scare people off.

Does he prefer to scare people off, or would he rather harm them? Does he have any qualms about hurting children? Basically: does he miss Koschei, or did he serve him out of fear?

And here is a Paladin pony (Most likely a Dark!Paladin version. Maybe a non-Dark version will show up later. Without a black hair streak.):

35IHtIb.png

Thoughts?

Also, since I'm rather new to this, how many other posts should I aim for before I put a new one up?

And here is a Paladin pony (Most likely a Dark!Paladin version. Maybe a non-Dark version will show up later. Without a black hair streak.):

35IHtIb.png

Thoughts?

Also, since I'm rather new to this, how many other posts should I aim for before I put a new one up?

I like! :D

There's no set number, really. Two, maybe three? Until your characters reach The Dalles, I don't think the number really matters so long as you don't double post.

35IHtIb.png

Thoughts?

I love it! :D

Like TwiLyght said, I don't think it matters so much as long as you don't double post.

General poll: what should the first song on Glamour's headset playlist be? Leaning between "Hooked on a Feeling" and "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" at the moment. :P

That sounds good. I'll post the next installment after a post or two then. I'm working on getting all of the posts up until they reach The Dalles prewritten, and then they'll be pretty consistent until we can start interacting all over the place. I'm still working on what they'll do when they get there, but I have the plan up until then.

The Empire's a bit harder to keep track of since they're in the MONA, so no they probably wouldn't attack the Empire at the same time as TT unless they knew it was more or less empty.
(Also that would rob me of the fun of a Stitch /Lightwards fight/ship :P)

Edited by Voidus

The Empire's a bit harder to keep track of since they're in the MONA, so no they probably wouldn't attack the Empire at the same time as TT unless they knew it was more or less empty.

(Also that would rob me of the fun of a Stitch /Lightwards fight/ship :P)

Warning: Lightwards intends to start assigning the dinosaurs to permanent guard duty in the Museum. He knows he'll be a major target soon, so he intends to station them around all doors and windows in the Museum with orders to attack anyone they haven't been specifically commanded not to harm.

TwiLyght, do you want to write up a Nathan post in the Museum? Aldo can describe the Epics of the Empire, but he knows that Nathan's the only one qualified to give any kind of history.

Edited by Kobold King

Does he prefer to scare people off, or would he rather harm them? Does he have any qualms about hurting children? Basically: does he miss Koschei, or did he serve him out of fear?

He likes to know that he can strike fear into the hearts of others. He has no qualms about hurting anyone, but doesn't do so unnecessarily.

Warning: Lightwards intends to start assigning the dinosaurs to permanent guard duty in the Museum. He knows he'll be a major target soon, so he intends to station them around all doors and windows in the Museum with orders to attack anyone they haven't been specifically commanded not to harm.

TwiLyght, do you want to write up a Nathan post in the Museum? Aldo can describe the Epics of the Empire, but he knows that Nathan's the only one qualified to give any kind of history.

Sure. I can get that posted soon.

Sure. I can get that posted soon.

Neat-o.

By the way, do you still plan on bringing the Trimmer into Portland? Because if we act now, we can get him to burn a giant CorpseMaker topiary. With literal bushy eyebrows. We don't want to miss that kind of opportunity. :P

Absolutely. Koschei would have steadily turned Oregon in a wretched dystopia, sentencing thousands--and potentially millions, factoring in subsequent generations--to live according to his twisted vision. It'd be worth any risk to keep that from happening.

This does make me wonder, though... how would the Oregon RP have thus far played out if Koschei hadn't died? Koschei would have taken The Dalles with little difficulty, and it seems probably that all the current Epics there would have ended up in his service. But what would he have done once he reached Portland? How would Altermind and CorpseMaker have responded to his attempt at conquest? How long could they hold their own against him?

What about the Epics who arrived later in the timeline--how would Doctor Funtimes have viewed Koschei? Would she have judged him a baby meanieface before turning his circlet into a diamond-studded tiara? Without room for the Empire to make a start, would Lightwards have been forced to ally himself with Koschei? Heaven forbid, would Nighthound have ended up as Koschei's lieutenant?

Mundivore would have been completely chill with Koschei's rule.  In fact, that is the type of leader he was looking for.  Someone bent on creating a vast empire with immortal leaders.  So he probably would have jumped into Koschei's boat.  Parity would dislike him, and as such, probably get killed, with maybe taking out a building or one of his lifes before he died.

Paladin and his followers would, I am fairly certain, have rather strenuously objected to Koschei's rule. Paladin, in particular, would have seen Koschei as a complete vindication of his conspiracy theory-like beliefs about Epic-worshiping cults, and would have stopped at nothing to eliminate Koschei and his worshipers. Dark!Paladin would have taken this so far as to kill every person who had ever been willing to call Koschei their god, no matter the amount of duress they were under.

Even if it meant killing every person in Portland. Guardian and Ranger might have been able to stop him from doing that. And, of course, he might have died and reincarnated in the process of trying to kill Koschei, which would have tempered his executioner's tendencies.

Whether or not he would have been successful at the attempt to dethrone Koschei...that's another matter. Probably not on his own. Koschei alone would have been hard if not impossible to kill, and being surrounded by the Epics who served him...well, three powerful but not High Epic level folks just aren't enough to handle that. (Although I do have a hilarious headcanon of Paladin trying to play whack-a-mole with Koschei's continually resurrecting body.)

Koschei the Deathless lay at his feet, blood congealing on the stump of his neck. That had been almost too easy. Paladin turned away, feeling content.

"You pitiful fool. You think that slaying a God is so easy?" He turned back. The rusting Epic had somehow risen. After losing his head. He knew it had been too easy. Killing an Epic was never that easy. Calamity. Why did I get myself into this?

He swung again, rewarded by the wet thump of a body nearly cut in two. The seemingly dead body started to heal even as it slid off of his blade, however.

Paladin gritted his teeth as he set down to the work of cutting down the supposed god every time he rose. This was going to be a long day.

Edited by Seonid

I'm looking forward to seeing him in action. :D

Also, Voidus, the momentum twins are underage? I've been thinking they were at least nineteen this whole time.

They're 19, isn't 21 the legal age in the US? I'm in Aus, so this may just be a cultural thing in which case just pass it off as a prank on their part :P