Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

giphy.gif

Those could probably be accomplished if I put a little elbow grease into it. I'll look into all of those, and I'll start creating various extra ponies that I might end up needing. The Sadrys would be nice to have, and Kathy's present in enough Altermind scenes to make acquiring a good Flamethrower pony necessary.

:mellow:

Maybe we should stop writing so many scenes that would break Hollywood's entire special effects budget.....:P

Nah. B)

Would Lightwards' speech to the Empire require a lot of special backgrounds? That one might be a bit more doable, if you/we used the random pony generator to create a crowd.

Ooh, that's a good one. The whole scene includes Nighthound, Lightwards, Funtimes, Nathan, and introduces most of our major vanilla characters all without switching between backgrounds or requiring flashy special effects.

The one major obstacle is that it requires a piece of equine engineering hitherto unheard of in all our labors: a Unicyclist pony. :P

Ooh, that's a good one. The whole scene includes Nighthound, Lightwards, Funtimes, Nathan, and introduces most of our major vanilla characters all without switching between backgrounds or requiring flashy special effects.

The one major obstacle is that it requires a piece of equine engineering hitherto unheard of in all our labors: a Unicyclist pony. :P

You could always offscreen him: "Darling, are you sure? He's riding a unicycle." "So much potential!" "...Isn't it hard to tell with that Darth Vader mask?"

You could always offscreen him: "Darling, are you sure? He's riding a unicycle." "So much potential!" "...Isn't it hard to tell with that Darth Vader mask?"

"Oh look, it's a stallion riding a unicycle while wearing a Darth Vader mask! Right behind that large prop that Funtimes inexplicably put in front of him."

Indeed. :P

Here's Mr. and Mrs. Sadry as ponies:

74b03a94bbfd24a239a6c8397a5843b3.png

1facec0b2e68bd96e787df0507ee51ec.png

Aw, I love them! They look like one of those sweet old couples you see holding hands in the mall, the type that always finishes each other's sentences. And now I suddenly hate Lightwards even more. :P

Note to self: Actually buckle down and make a Laurie pony when you get home.

Aw, I love them! They look like one of those sweet old couples you see holding hands in the mall, the type that always finishes each other's sentences. And now I suddenly hate Lightwards even more. :P

Note to self: Actually buckle down and make a Laurie pony when you get home.

That's kind of the idea. ;)  :P  I wanted to make sure Lightwards crossed the Moral Event Horizon pretty early on, and murdering a sweet married couple was just the ticket. And of course giving them lovable ponies only helps his Complete Monster characterization.

I can't wait to see the Laurie pony!

That's kind of the idea. ;):P I wanted to make sure Lightwards crossed the Moral Event Horizon pretty early on, and murdering a sweet married couple was just the ticket. And of course giving them lovable ponies only helps his Complete Monster characterization.

I can't wait to see the Laurie pony!

Oh, certainly. I don't think there's any doubt about where Lightwards lands on the Monster Scale. ;)

It fits, too: I knew early on that Remington didn't like Lightwards because he reminded him of some other Epic, who became Koschei after a bit of thought. And, like Lightwards, Koschei crossed the Moral Event Horizon in his very first in-story appearance.

I already have an idea of what she'll look like. I just need to translate it into pony form. :P

I am quite glad you approve, my good fellow. And might I add how astoundingly dashing your new profile picture is looking.

I myself am trying out a new picture at the moment--what do you think of it, my dear chums?

Dang. I missed that short time. I never saw Earl Greyback-Kobold.

I actually made a Sightline pony a while back. Joe used it for a while, then switched to his current profile pic. 

Also….

SCENE 7

Traveler and Phil the Epic Shrink sit in Phil's office. Phil has a loaded pistol and a look of weariness on his face. Traveler looks as though he would like very much to turn up the volume on the TV as an episode of Classic Who plays. 

Phil: All right, then. Traveler, is it? 

Traveler: It's, uh, Nathan, actually. 

Phil: *looks at him in disbelief* 

Traveler: *leans in, lowering voice* I'm not even an Epic. Funtimes just made the whole thing up. 

Phil: You're kidding. Please tell me you're not kidding. 

Traveler: I'm not. Honest. 

Phil: *laughing* Dear Calamity, that's incredible! Those Epics are driving me crazy! 

Traveler: Oh, don't even get me started! That Nighthound's the creepiest guy I've ever met! 

Phil: *shudders* You ever met Slaughterhouse? There's a walking nightmare for you. 

Traveler: Slaughterhouse? I think Lightwards mentioned him once or twice. 

Phil: You've met Lightwards? I'm sorry. 

Traveler: *laughing* Yeah, me too. He's kind of a jerk. 

Lightwards enters the room, shaking and waving his pistol. 

Lightwards: AHA! I knew it! You're plotting against me! I should've expected as much from someone who wears those shoes with that tie! 

Phil: Mr. Cardinal, please put the gun down. 

Lightwards: *sing-song* You're plotting against me, you're plotting against me! 

Phil rises, forces Lightwards' arm down, and plunges a syringe into his neck. 

Phil: It's nap time, Mr. Cardinal. 

Lightwards collapses, unconscious. 

Phil: *to Traveler* What say we get a drink and talk about our favorite Epics some more? 

Traveler: I am so in.

Woah. This needs to be a real thing now. Definitely the best Phil scene.

You could always do one panel for each of Lightwards' deaths from Jake Subbly onward and then show him grinning maniacally with his eye twitching in the last panel. :P

I vote yes on this.

The downside of having an insane character with a bizarre power: The special effects budget required to bring her adventures to the big screen needs to be just as insane as she is. :P

Let's see....there's Sightline trapping CorpseMaker in the bank....Funtimes and Nathan meeting Lightwards.....Saccharine's introduction....Altermind meeting Lightwards....

There's the Toy Army Men battle, the Bouncy castle showdown, Electro's killing spree (Avengers imitation scene), Max at Mel's death, Chi creating a dragon. Those are my ideas from my characters. 

Edit: Flashpoint and Max scene up now.

Edited by Mailliw73

Oh, certainly. I don't think there's any doubt about where Lightwards lands on the Monster Scale.  ;)

It fits, too: I knew early on that Remington didn't like Lightwards because he reminded him of some other Epic, who became Koschei after a bit of thought. And, like Lightwards, Koschei crossed the Moral Event Horizon in his very first in-story appearance.

I already have an idea of what she'll look like. I just need to translate it into pony form.  :P

I'm sure Lightwards would be pleased to hear your opinion of him.

"Think I'm a monster, eh? Look on the bright side: I'm not Nighthound. Also, bang, I'll be the Emperor of your afterlife now."

Yes, I think making Lightwards into Remington's ArchEnemy was a brilliant move on your part. They compliment one another very well in so many ways.

Dang. I missed that short time. I never saw Earl Greyback-Kobold.

Woah. This needs to be a real thing now. Definitely the best Phil scene.

I vote yes on this.

There's the Toy Army Men battle, the Bouncy castle showdown, Electro's killing spree (Avengers imitation scene), Max at Mel's death, Chi creating a dragon. Those are my ideas from my characters. 

Edit: Flashpoint and Max scene up now.

Give me a moment, my good fellow, and you shall see my more civilized side.

Those would all make great comic scenes!

I'm sure Lightwards would be pleased to hear your opinion of him.

"Think I'm a monster, eh? Look on the bright side: I'm not Nighthound. Also, bang, I'll be the Emperor of your afterlife now."

Yes, I think making Lightwards into Remington's ArchEnemy was a brilliant move on your part. They compliment one another very well in so many ways.

Give me a moment, my good fellow, and you shall see my more civilized side.

Those would all make great comic scenes!

"Yeah, well I'm wearing a bulletproof vest!" (Did anyone else have a childhood friend like that? "The floor is lava and you're dead!" "Yeah, well I have lava-proof boots!")

Thanks! :) *insert blushing Fluttershy gif here because my phone won't let me* Like a lot of things with Remington, it was kind of spur-of-the-moment, but it worked out well. Lightwards did need an arch enemy, and not in the "My Nemesis" sort of a way he has with Altermind. Though that also adds a neat dynamic to the story.

Tulir I was hoping that since Parity can heal that she could at least take a shot to the shoulder or something before killing him :P
But yeah one more ball should do it, he just sent all of his rats straight for her, so none left to protect him.

"Yeah, well I'm wearing a bulletproof vest!" (Did anyone else have a childhood friend like that? "The floor is lava and you're dead!" "Yeah, well I have lava-proof boots!")

Thanks! :) *insert blushing Fluttershy gif here because my phone won't let me* Like a lot of things with Remington, it was kind of spur-of-the-moment, but it worked out well. Lightwards did need an arch enemy, and not in the "My Nemesis" sort of a way he has with Altermind. Though that also adds a neat dynamic to the story.

I was that kid, but I always had a well-reasoned explanation for it. ("Obviously if we're in a world where the floor randomly turns to lava, everyone would be wearing lava-proof boots everywhere. Why aren't you wearing any, ya nitwit?")

Remington Springfield is a man born in the heart of our madness, carrying its awesomeness across the canon. :D

See, Lightwards doesn't despise Altermind any more than anyone else. He's a bit paranoid around him, but he does harbor a hope that he'll be able to absorb Thoughttown into the Empire without having to completely destroy it. His relationship with Funtimes is far more adversarial, at least on his end. It's Altermind who really carries the brunt of the arch-enmity.

I was that kid, but I always had a well-reasoned explanation for it. ("Obviously if we're in a world where the floor randomly turns to lava, everyone would be wearing lava-proof boots everywhere. Why aren't you wearing any, ya nitwit?")

Remington Springfield is a man born in the heart of our madness, carrying its awesomeness across the canon. :D

See, Lightwards doesn't despise Altermind any more than anyone else. He's a bit paranoid around him, but he does harbor a hope that he'll be able to absorb Thoughttown into the Empire without having to completely destroy it. His relationship with Funtimes is far more adversarial, at least on his end. It's Altermind who really carries the brunt of the arch-enmity.

I always rolled my eyes. My brother was the one to push that kid down and say, "Hope you have a lava-proof face!" :P Of course, none of them ever had an explanation. ;)

On Funtimes' end, she has him wrapped around her finger and she knows it. She'll give him enough leash to make him feel like he's in charge, while she bides her time and waits for the right moment. It's a dangerous dynamic, but it's a lot of fun to write, too. ;)

He sat down with his rifle and said, "Lightwards? Hate that guy." And I said, "Cool. Tell me about that." The fact that Lightwards is rather oblivious to his animosity makes it all the better.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I always rolled my eyes. My brother was the one to push that kid down and say, "Hope you have a lava-proof face!" :P Of course, none of them ever had an explanation. ;)

On Funtimes' end, she has him wrapped around her finger and she knows it. She'll give him enough leash to make him feel like he's in charge, while she bides her time and waits for the right moment. It's a dangerous dynamic, but it's a lot of fun to write, too. ;)

He sat down with his rifle and said, "Lightwards? Hate that guy." And I said, "Cool. Tell me about that." The fact that Lightwards is rather oblivious to his animosity makes it all the better.

I foresee at least one Lightwards/Funtimes confrontation once it becomes clear they have different goals. Whether or not it actually comes to blows will be up to the future us. :P

One thing that amuses me is this: Möbius dislikes Lightwards and will do extra work to see him dead, but overall... she doesn't care. He's pretty much just "that guy who had the lousy blog."

Lightwards' relationship with Remington echoes that. He'd love to get the opportunity to kill the man, but all in all he's far too preoccupied with larger matters to do much about it. In short, Lightwards fiercely despises an oblivious Möbius, while Remington fiercely despises an oblivious Lightwards.

I foresee at least one Lightwards/Funtimes confrontation once it becomes clear they have different goals. Whether or not it actually comes to blows will be up to the future us. :P

One thing that amuses me is this: Möbius dislikes Lightwards and will do extra work to see him dead, but overall... she doesn't care. He's pretty much just "that guy who had the lousy blog."

Lightwards' relationship with Remington echoes that. He'd love to get the opportunity to kill the man, but all in all he's far too preoccupied with larger matters to do much about it. In short, Lightwards fiercely despises an oblivious Möbius, while Remington fiercely despises an oblivious Lightwards.

If not blows, it'll be the strangest argument ever put to paper. :P

Huh. I hadn't seen it that way, but you're absolutely right: Lightwards is Remington's Möbius. Only in this case, Remington isn't terrified of his Möbius. (Although in Lightwards' defense, Möbius is extremely, almost ridiculously terrifying. ;))

Edit: It's a bit like David and Steelheart in canon. Except Steelheart believed David dead all those years, and would have killed him in an instant if given the chance.

Tulir I was hoping that since Parity can heal that she could at least take a shot to the shoulder or something before killing him :P

But yeah one more ball should do it, he just sent all of his rats straight for her, so none left to protect him.

That's completely fine.  I was planning on doing something similar, but more exposition about how Parity's healing works, but a bullet would showcase it better.

If not blows, it'll be the strangest argument ever put to paper. :P

Huh. I hadn't seen it that way, but you're absolutely right: Lightwards is Remington's Möbius. Only in this case, Remington isn't terrified of his Möbius. (Although in Lightwards' defense, Möbius is extremely, almost ridiculously terrifying. ;))

Edit: It's a bit like David and Steelheart in canon. Except Steelheart believed David dead all those years, and would have killed him in an instant if given the chance.

Indeed. There's something pretty compelling about the concept of humans considered far beneath an Epic's concern ultimately bringing them to justice. And Remington's courage in the face of a far more powerful adversary, compared to Lightwards' "Imma run as far as I can so she'll never find me" approach, just speaks of how much of a better human being he is.

On to more pony matters: Kathy "Flamethrower" Flearson, Mark I:

8ca85ac43d0480722c40c5bea277d2a3.png

Making ponies for other players' characters is a much more hit-and-miss affair than making OC ponies. It's a lot harder to hit the personal pictures people have in their heads. Thoughts? Criticisms? Accusations of Soviet espionage?

That's completely fine.  I was planning on doing something similar, but more exposition about how Parity's healing works, but a bullet would showcase it better.

You can write in his death in your post if you want, otherwise it'll just be a one line post from me.

'Then he died' :P

Indeed. There's something pretty compelling about the concept of humans considered far beneath an Epic's concern ultimately bringing them to justice. And Remington's courage in the face of a far more powerful adversary, compared to Lightwards' "Imma run as far as I can so she'll never find me" approach, just speaks of how much of a better human being he is.

On to more pony matters: Kathy "Flamethrower" Flearson, Mark I:

8ca85ac43d0480722c40c5bea277d2a3.png

Making ponies for other players' characters is a much more hit-and-miss affair than making OC ponies. It's a lot harder to hit the personal pictures people have in their heads. Thoughts? Criticisms? Accusations of Soviet espionage?

Mobius: I'm going to lock you in a pocket universe and kill you. 

Lightwards: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH *dies* 

Mobius: Well? Are you up for Round Two? 

Lightwards: It has been fun, but I must go now. *runs to Oregon* 

….yeah. :P

COMMIE! That orange! It clearly means she's a Soviet Communist, because red and yellow together make orange! SHE'S A COMMIE AND YOU'RE A COMMIE TOO!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!! :P

I like it, actually. :)

EDIT: And here is the Laurie pony: 

Laurie_zps0a363e82.png

I know that no self-respecting hunter would wear a pink vest out in the woods, but I added it for aesthetic reasons. ;) 

It's interesting that in this whole discussion of enemity, Nighthound, the biggest meany-Face in town, was never brought up.

Pony aknowledged and I like it, Even if we have to Extreminate it for being a caommie. ;p

For Parity's recrution there's also the Option of having Nighthound do the job but I can easily See why someone Would take up One of the other Offers.