Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Quota's bio (also in the Epics of Oregon thread)

Name: Quota 

Primary Power: Quota can dampen all positive emotions to the point that they essentially vanish. With those who have traumatic experiences in their pasts, he is especially dangerous, as this dampening of joy, peace, happiness, etc. will cause their most traumatic memories to rise to the surface. Whether or not he can dampen negative emotions is unknown, as he has never tried. 

Secondary Power: Low- to mid-range empathy. He can sense strong emotions and uses that as a basis for the targets he chooses. 

Modus Operandi: Ah, so many people on the bridge today. That lady's stressed….yeah, I'll make that worse. Just a little. Heh. She's crying now. That guy….oh, he's angry. Let's give him a little more of that, and….ah, he just bumped into that chick and lost it. Good stuff. Oh, let's give that chick a little more despair….haha. Awesome. 

Appearance: Quota wears dark, nondescript clothes that might cause him to be mistaken for a vanilla were it not for the green-grey cloak he never takes off. He has shoulder-legnth dark hair and grey eyes, and is of average height and build. He is fond of coffee and makes a point of finding any remaining coffee shops whenever he arrives in a new city, and thus nearly always has a cup of some sort of latte in his hand. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Primary Power: Quota can dampen all positive emotions to the point that they essentially vanish. With those who have traumatic experiences in their pasts, he is especially dangerous, as this dampening of joy, peace, happiness, etc. will cause their most traumatic memories to rise to the surface. Whether or not he can dampen negative emotions is unknown, as he has never tried. 

Secondary Power: Low- to mid-range empathy. He can sense strong emotions and uses that as a basis for the targets he chooses. 

Modus Operandi: Ah, so many people on the bridge today. That lady's stressed….yeah, I'll make that worse. Just a little. Heh. She's crying now. That guy….oh, he's angry. Let's give him a little more of that, and….ah, he just bumped into that chick and lost it. Good stuff. Oh, let's give that chick a little more despair….haha. Awesome. 

Appearance: Quota wears dark, nondescript clothes that might cause him to be mistaken for a vanilla were it not for the green-grey cloak he never takes off. He is fond of coffee and makes a point of finding any remaining coffee shops whenever he arrives in a new city.

Torn between upvoting due to well made, or downvoting because he is hateful.

Appearance: Quota wears dark, nondescript clothes that might cause him to be mistaken for a vanilla were it not for the green-grey cloak he never takes off. He has shoulder-legnth dark hair and grey eyes, and is of average height and build. He is fond of coffee and makes a point of finding any remaining coffee shops whenever he arrives in a new city, and thus nearly always has a cup of some sort of latte in his hand. 

What.

A.

Slontze.

Terror upvote.

What.

A.

Slontze.

Terror upvote.

Thank you? :P Between Quota and the Disco Ending, I have to wonder how many of my upvotes are fear-inspired. ;) 

(And to think: he started as a joke.

I'll post his introduction soon, probably after dinner which I suspect will be within the next few minutes. 

Thank you? :P Between Quota and the Disco Ending, I have to wonder how many of my upvotes are fear-inspired. ;)

(And to think: he started as a joke.

I'll post his introduction soon, probably after dinner which I suspect will be within the next few minutes. 

Happy dining!

Voidus, are the momentum twins your personal characters, or are they more NPCs like Quickslide? Just wondering if I can include a quick reaction and have them travel away with Backtrack at the end of the post.

Yeah you ca do that for now, we'll probably take more control over them later on but for now anyone can write them.

Thanks--I don't plan on anything big, it's basically them nodding and saying "Count us in" in their dapper and cheery way.

Are they wearing costumes of any kind, or just stand-out vanilla clothing?

Ugh, Can't quote on this computer.

Welcome Fatebreaker! I like the Epics, especially the Teleporters. (Who else wants to see a three way Teleporter fight now?)

And I don't recommend Joining up with CorspeMaker He and most of his Epics are going to be dead or buried (But still alive) by the end of October.

Nice post Kobold, you got them pretty spot on I think, they're pretty new to their powers so scare tactics would definitely work on them.

Thanks--I didn't have a lot to go on, but I did do my best to get them right. :)

Backtrack: Randomly sneaks up on teenage girls and shows them visions of brutal murders.

Is still a better ladies' man than Nighthound. :P

tumblr_ln4lx3pZIK1qgnvuj.gif

...or so I keep telling myself. :P

Seriously, Quota's already scary and creepy and ominous and ten kinds of morally reprehensible. I was feeling good about writing a slightly creeptastic Backtrack scene before I saw my competition. :P

Do your worst….for I will do mine. :P 

TwiLyght would live to regret those words, for those words would set off a nightmare contest between her, Kobold, and Edgedancer. And before the month of September drew to a close, she realized that none of them would ever sleep again. 

So she said to Kobold, "Hey, for the Halloween RP, how about we have Slaughterhouse and Koschei team up from the beginning? I mean, we're never going to sleep again, so…might as well." 

I'm not a fan of Quota, either. I was thinking that when he finally meets his match, it'll be Funtimes who comes across as the truly terrifying master of disproportionate retribution….but now I'm starting to think that scene might read like his bad karma catching up to him all at once. 

Thanks--I didn't have a lot to go on, but I did do my best to get them right. :)

Backtrack: Randomly sneaks up on teenage girls and shows them visions of brutal murders.

Is still a better ladies' man than Nighthound. :P

I'll do a reply in a minute with PP replying and Saccharine warning everyone about Backtracks approach by a nearby animal scout (We're currently thinking of using a cricket) And I'll do Soulswitch's scene and then Zip and Refill starting their minor Epics alliance

I'll do a reply in a minute with PP replying and Saccharine warning everyone about Backtracks approach by a nearby animal scout (We're currently thinking of using a cricket) And I'll do Soulswitch's scene and then Zip and Refill starting their minor Epics alliance

Ooh, a cricket. Nice touch. :)

Do your worst….for I will do mine. :P

I'm not a fan of Quota, either. I was thinking that when he finally meets his match, it'll be Funtimes who comes across as the truly terrifying master of disproportionate retribution….but now I'm starting to think that scene might read like his bad karma catching up to him all at once. 

There are few things you could to to Quota that wouldn't read like all his bad karma catching up at once. :P

The sheer force of our nightmares after the contest would manifest as a living entity that feeds off of night terrors. So yeah, might as well make Slaughterhouse and Koschei best buds. :P

There are few things you could to to Quota that wouldn't read like all his bad karma catching up at once. :P

The sheer force of our nightmares after the contest would manifest as a living entity that feeds off of night terrors. So yeah, might as well make Slaughterhouse and Koschei best buds. :P

Yeah...and I've known from the beginning that seeing one of her vanillas curled up in terror is what will set her off, so his obliteration will seem more like a brutal comeuppance, I think. :P

Sure, why the heck not? Let's have two sadistic, psychopathic besties wandering through twisting streets at the behest of a twisted hermit dictator! And why don't we give Koschei a few knives and some things he could improvise as weapons? Oh! And let's add Nighthound to the mix while we're at it! Can't get any worse, can it? :P

Howdy Oregonians

I have decided to send a few epics into the fray.

I've never done any online role-playing before, so bear with me 

Twi suggested I submit my characters her for some awesome feedback, so here goes:

Jackson Black, aka Fade: 

His power primary power is that he can control his existence. He can cease to exist physically, completely or partially. This means he is no longer affected by the laws of nature. He doesn't have a physical body, so he can't be killed when in this state. or he could make his hand incorporeal and reach through a wall. You can't affect him in any way in this state because he doesn't exist. If shot or injured in anyway, he instantly ceases to exist and can thus survive. In extreme circumstances he can exist purely as a thought. When nonexistent, he can fully heal, though this takes time. He can cause this to affect objects and organisms only if touching them with his bare hands.

Passive power: Unless you are actively focus on him you will lose track of where he is or forget he is even there. He just fades into the scenery (ba-dum-tiiiiiiiiissssshhh). Also has accelerated healing to a degree.

Weakness Pm'd 

Description: An Undertaker in his 70's, with salt and pepper hair that has become mostly salt. Tall and thin, yet in surprisingly good shape, he wares his formal undertaker suit which is black with a grey waistcoat and a top hat. Stern features and intense grey eyes, he's not generally described as friendly to say the least. Grew up as a street fighter, till he settled down and got away from that life. After his family was murdered by an Epic, whom he killed, he was left with his grandson who also turned out to be an epic. He trusts no one.

Equipment: his old 1911 Colt and a pair of escrima sticks from his younger days. Always has a knife or two about him.

and the second, Max Black, aka the Sandman:

Primary: Can cause any vanilla or Epic to fall into a deep sleep within a 100 ft radius. he can put multiple people to a light sleep, or one individual into a deep sleep. While asleep they have incredibly vivid dreams which are manifestations of their subconscious. he can go into and control these dreams, making them either pleasant experiences or nightmares. While they are dreaming he can essentially search their minds, prompting them to reveal their thoughts, feelings, and memories. They will stay trapped in the dream until he releases them. 

Secondary: Teleportation and levitation. Can teleport up to two people other than himself. However, if he teleports others they may project parts of their subconscious that will be visible to the other person being teleported and to the Sandman. His levitation allows him to float slowly through the air and control his altitude, but  he can only float at running speed. 

Passive: Everyone around hims feels drowsy and and sluggish, even those who don't need to sleep. Accelerated healing in a limited sense. 

Weakness: Pm'd

Description: Grandson to Jackson Black, he's only 10 years old, with brown skin, wild curly hair, and his grandfathers grey eyes. he was a bright kid but always either daydreaming or getting up to mischief. He became on epic the day his family was murdered. He was scarred and lost track of reality. Sometimes confuses the real world with dreams and vice versa. He wears a grey hoodie with sleeves that are too long and black cargo pants and not a singe piece of footwear. 

Equipment: throwing knives

They now travel around together, trying to avoid the petty struggles of epics.

And they've recently arrived in Oregon.

Welcome welcome. They seem fine to me but if you really want I can try to forcefully engage my nitpicking engine: Manipulating other Epics on a mental scale is always a bit iffy and they seem fairly strong given that somewhere down the road there was a restriction on new powerful Epics joining.

I would say Edge makes the most sense as the next Museum player. Voidgaze hasn't been given a chance to respond to Lightwards' ranting yet. I should definitely wait for the Voiduses in the shack, and I don't have anyone in Thoughttown at the moment.

(Aldo and Cricket may become instantly elevated to "Better Than Nighthound" status in Lightwards' hierarchy from this. :P)

I´ll work on it.

Now I feel that weird urge to see a scene where Lightwards is all geared up to confront Nighthound about his bad work-morals but is stopped short because he returns with not only the soldiers and Candyflame but also with his sister and maybe a couple more cannon-fodder Epics.

First Quota post up. 

I_m_sorry..._I_m_so_sorry_399006ae911162

Does that mean Nighthound is no longer the worst person ingame. :lol: ...... :(

Sure, why the heck not? Let's have two sadistic, psychopathic besties wandering through twisting streets at the behest of a twisted hermit dictator! And why don't we give Koschei a few knives and some things he could improvise as weapons? Oh! And let's add Nighthound to the mix while we're at it! Can't get any worse, can it? :P

So the halloween special will turn from a horror battle royal to a murder spree by the evil buddies? I can deal with that. :D