Long Game 8: Elendel Gang War

bartbug

I'm baaack :lol: 

Ugh. Summer... that time when you have no time to play a game of Sanderson Elimination, and miss the WOT game. :unsure: But I have returned and as such will name myself Morgan Hanks, a young industrial worker who always carries a knife, but has never used it. 

Some rp to help pass the time.

The stench of mouldy straw and stale vomit assaulted his nostrils long before he opened his eyes.  He had awoken in a small cell.  Finding himself the only occupant of the cell, Alron mouthed a silent prayer of thanks to Ironeyes.  After going through his stretching routine and making sure nothing was broken, Alron stripped off his outer layer of clothing.  The whiskey smelling garments may have helped him get arrested as a drunk but now they were a burden, serving only to reveal his movements.

Approaching the solid wooden door, Alron reached down into his boots and pulled out two thin metal rods.  Careful to avoid any unnecessary noise, he skillfully picked the lock.  Slipping out the cell Alron quietly creeped up behind the solitary guard.  Quickly wrapping an arm around the guards neck, Alron held fast until the guard passed out.

A quick search of the unconscious guard gave Alron a set of keys and a simple glass dagger.  After tucking the dagger behind his back, Alron dragged the body into a vacant cell.  It was unlikely that anyone would come into the cells at this time of night but Alron hated taking chances when he didn’t have to.

Working his way down the hallway Alron counted off the cells until he came to the one his orders told him was the one he wanted.  Knocking on the door twice he paused then knocked four more times than another pause then twice more he knocked.  The sound of a short swift scuffle came from within then a quick series of knocks sounded from the other side of the door.

Picking the lock, Alron opened the door and found a large man going through anothers pockets.  “About time you got here.  I was beginning to think it had been called off and I got myself thrown in here for nothing.” The large man spoke.

Glancing at the body Alron said. “Dead or knocked out?”

“Dead.  My orders were clear.  Kill those in the same cell then follow you.  Our target nearby?”

“Three cells over in solitary.  I’ll pick the lock then you choke him.  Make it quick.  The sooner it’s done the sooner you get your payment.”

“You Silverism worshipers really are as cold as they say.”

Leading the large man to the appointed cell, Alron started to pick the lock.

“Hey, why do I need to choke him when you’ve got that dagger tucked in your belt?”

“That dagger is for another.  Once you have finished here there is one more thing to take care of.  Now get going, I don’t want to be here when the next shift comes.”

Pulling open the door Alron let the big man pass.  A short time later he emerged again.  “It’s done.  So, where to next?”

“We’re almost done here.  Help me move the guard back to his post and then we can leave.”

Grabbing the still unconscious guard the large man dragged him back into the hallway.  Stepping up behind the pair Alron drove the guard’s dagger into the side of the prisoner between the ribs and whispered. “Sorry friend.  But orders are orders and mine require your death.”  Feeling the heart quivering on the point of the dagger, Alron twisted the knife and drove it deeper.  A bright red gush of blood erupted from the prisoners mouth as his life drained from his eyes.  His body collapsing under the weight of the guard’s body.

After placing the unconscious guard’s hand on the dagger, Alron slipped a specially prepared note into the prisoners pocket.  Once the bodies were found the note would implicate a minor gang of hiring the killer and would lead them to believe the guard managed to kill him while he was trying to escape.

Alron made his way back to his cell and relocked the door.  Replacing his lock picks in his boots and donning his whiskey stained outer clothes, Alron shoved two fingers down his throat and vomited on the floor near the hard wooden cot.  Laying on the cot Alron estimated it to be about two hours until shift change.  Rolling over he dozed off, after all soon the guards would let him out thinking he was just another drunk that slept through the whole commotion.

Edited by Alvron

Araris has a cooler name and he can turn himself to metal. If I was going to admire one person from the whole series it would be him. I also prefer how his character develops over time, since I haven't ever seen a person with all of the problems he encounters. Fidelias is just a spy that acts on misinformation and destroys his future, then spends the whole series trying to make it up in secret.

Day 1: Act of God

Black mist curled around Elendel, plainly visible in each one of its Octants. The mist was not an uncommon thing, a remnant from the World of Ash, the age where Gods had warred and somehow, humanity had prevailed. Mist was the ever present blanket of night, a comforting thing to most of Elendel’s cosmopolitan citizens.

This mist, however, seeped through the city in broad daylight.

Traffic stopped, citizens gawked, and the horses started while Harmony spoke to each of his followers as if he was there. They all heard the same indisputable message: It would be wise to leave this city, I think.

The Pathians told their friends and famillies, and a mass migration of Elendel ensued, a few thousand leaving the city. The rest doubted or believed differently, or were too firmly rooted in their own arrogance to listen. The truth of what had happened was unquestionable:

Harmony was interfering in Elendel.

PolOr occupied the body of one of the Set’s newest creations, a double Compounder with allomantic and feruchemic steel and iron. Neither of these abilities had allowed the man to survive PolOr’s sudden attack in the night, however. With the kandra inhibition from killing lifted, they made unsurprisingly good assassins. PolOr could be anyone or any animal that he wished, and now, he had retrieved the four Hemalurgic spikes used to create the double Compounder.

Two guards stood at attention at the end of the train car, alert with the strength of pewter. PolOr nodded to them. 

They wouldn’t yet know that PolOr’s body was not dead, though they would soon. But by then, it would be far too late.

The car door opened and PolOr stepped through to the next box. Lord Edwarn Ladrian sat in his booth, comfortably waiting for him. “How are you feeling, Kelin?” He asked.

PolOr sat opposite the member of the Set and stared at him. Underneath the table, unseen, PolOr twisted his muscles so that a daggerlike length of metal now jutted out. After living for more than a millenium, PolOr had learned to twist and manipulate the flesh of his body like none other. He stabbed Ladrian, his motion unseen underneath the table.

PolOr twisted the dagger and smiled. “Tell the rest of the Set,” he hissed, “That Harmony is no longer going to allow your monstrosities. You should have time, before you die. Tell the rest of the Set that the kandra are coming.”

Ladrian gasped and banged on the table. “Guards,” he said, voice already weakening. “Kill this creature!”

Every man in the train car rose at once, gunners and coinshots blasting dozens of pieces of metal into Pol’Or. It hurt, but he had trained himself over the centuries to treat such trivial pains as small annoyances.  A thug approached him and smashed a crowbar into Pol’Or’s stomach. Crouching, Pol’Or crouched to the ground and tapped his compounded iron.

Instantly, Pol’Or’s weight rocketed to far beyond that of the train. The metal below him bent and roared, and eventually gave way. Pol’Or let himself fall out of the train.

He bounced across the sand. His bones would be broken, but he should be able to Push and Pull himself to safety. Ladrian stayed, stuck to the chair by the metal impaling his stomach.

“The kandra are coming,” Pol’Or said, flying into the air, Pushing himself off of the train.

The leaders of the Set discussed and discussed Ladrian’s death, and came to a decision: they told the rest of the city. Now, even the unreligious fled en masse. The normally bristling to the brim city of Elendel was deserted, except for those who wished to take power.

Their rivals, the Koloss Riots, were the only main gang that stayed. The rest fled outwards, following the people. A few politicians stayed as well, eager to try and fill the vacuum of power.

The Set did not appreciate being threatened; they would draw the kandra out, and then they would study them.

And then they would kill them.

Players

Corrupt Politician:

Popeye (navybrandt)

Corrupt Politician:

Araris (Arais Valerian)

Corrupt Politician:

Quitania (Quitecontrary)

Corrupt Politician:

Terra (Pupper)

Corrupt Politician:

Alron (Alvron)

Corrupt Politician:

Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

Corrupt Politician:

Tulir (Tulir)

Corrupt Politician:

Taliz Duede (twelthrootoftwo)

Koloss Riot:

Kamden (dants)

Koloss Riot:

Met-al (Metacognition)

Koloss Riot:

Morgan Hanks (the Gleeman)

Koloss Riot:

10. Koll (killersquirrel59)

Koloss Riot:

14. Bunnt (Binnut)

Koloss Riot:

1. Aonar (AonarFaileas)

The Set:

Jedal (The Only Joe)

The Set:

Alim (Malliw73)

The Set:

Peng (jasonpenguin)

The Set:

Satrams (a smart guy)

The Set:

Lucky (luckat)

The Set:

Willa (little wilson)

Well guys, it’s time to start. This is a day cycle, and you can choose to kill someone if you wish. No kill will be an option for your vote on this day only. That is, today, if the votes for no kill win, then no one will die. Happy slaughter!

Edited by bartbug

Checking his wristwatch, Aonar tapped his foot anxiously, waiting for his compatriots to arrive. Realizing what he was doing, he did his best to compose himself, leaning back against the wall and stilling his feet. Harmony damnation him, he was nervous. Ever since Kholinar, things had been... iffy. Aonar hadn’t come that close to dying for a very long time. He still hadn’t managed to store up enough health to heal fully, physically, or spiritually.

‘Take some time back home,’ they’d said. ‘You certainly need it after that business on Roshar.’ Of course, the rusting cremlings hadn’t bothered to tell him when they’d return him, or what they’d be returning him to. Spending his days trying to avoid inciting violence in a city primed for explosion was most definitely not what he considered a vacation. Even trying to figure out a story for where he’d been for a few years was better than this.

Although, after being accosted by Ironeyes himself and told to infiltrate one of the most dangerous gangs in the city, and having Harmony himself directly intervene in the affairs, it became clear that this was never intended to be a vacation, not really.

Where are those people? Aonar hadn’t gone through all the work of getting himself inserted into a criminal organization just to be stood up at their very first proper meeting. The Riots were despicable, but to his knowledge they weren’t tardy. And if Ironeyes was to be believed, having a place among them might well be the key to stopping these gangs before the city was consumed by them.

Footsteps sounded in the alley behind him. Unconsciously reaching for steel, tin and zinc before remembering that he couldn’t tap them, Aonar spun and drew one of his Sterrions.

The other man raised his hands and gave a low chuckle. “Feeling a little jumpy, are we?”

Aonar sighed and holstered his gun. It was unfortunate that he’d been allowed to see that, but there was nothing to be done now. “Bunnt. You took your time.”

“I’ve been busy. Things have been moving somewhat ahead of schedule. Assuming there are no more delays, however, everyone else should be arriving soon. And then we can finally try to figure out why the hell the Faceless Immortals are interfering with our business.”

So. Any ideas where to start? :P The natural course of things would be to have me vote for someone random to provoke discussion. To try and avoid starting an inter-faction war too early, let's put a vote on one of my own, I guess. Meta-al's usually on around this time, if I remember correctly.

Edited by AonarFaileas

“And that is why we must take the opportunity that Ironeyes has given us.  Now is our time to take back our city from the gangs who wish to be our lords.  With the blessings of both Harmony and Ironeyes we cannot fail.  This city will again become a beacon of hope, a light in the darkness, a haven for the masses.  Under my leadership no one will go hungry or cold again.  I promise you all, a roof over your heads and food in your larder.  All I ask is that you follow me and help rid this city of its vermin once and for all!”

Looking up from his speech, Alron frowned, for only a handful were in the tavern and none of them were paying even the slightest bit of attention.  There was even a drunk passed out in a corner, whiskey dripping onto the floor from a bare held mug.

It just wasn’t fair.  He had spent hours on that speech and no one cared.  He couldn’t even tell if anyone had shown up for his rally or if they were just the normal crowd.

Stomping his way over to the bar, Alron ordered a drink from the bored looking bartender.

“Nice speech.  I really liked the part about how the Lord Ruler was our saviour.”

“What?  I never said that.”

“Oh, my mistake then.”

Figures.  Even those that listen only hear what they want to.  If I want to clean up this city then I will have to do it myself.

Draining his mug, Alron stood and headed out the door.  First things first.  I need to take down the Set.  Those Riot fellows might want to lend a hand.

I've never been a fan of first day voting, so will throw out a No Kill vote.  Although tempted to vote for Rubix for fun as I saw him lurking in here earlier.

I have retracted my Vote For Luka. Originally I voted for her because she's on my team, but after rereading the rules, I realized that we only have 12 Powered people. The Set and the Riots. The Politicians don't though. So instead of aiming for our own teams, and possibly acci-lynching a Seeker or Lurcher, I would ask that we instead aim for The Unpowered players.

Yes, I know that's not fair to those without powers, but it's in the best interest of the town.

So I'll vote for Araris, Until he talks.

EDIT: That was quick.

Edited by The Only Joe

I'm going to hazard a guess of 4-6 Kandra this game, since I think each group will have one (most likely) and maybe a group will have 2-3 after last game where each house only having 1 skaa led to a noble advantage. I think a no kill is ultimately to our advantage, but lets see what red: Koll has to say about it.

Edit: Just because I'm corrupt doesn't mean that I'm also worthless... It takes a lot of pull to become a politician, if you know what I mean. (My "team" does have access to powers, just can't spike or survive random kills.)

Edited by Araris Valerian

With a rush of cold air and a swirl of the Mists, Koll strode into the lair, the twin dueling canes at his sides making his duster flare out behind him. He was almost never late. Punctuality was important. But the panic in the streets was hampering traffic to a degree that made anyone but a Coinshot take three times as long to get anywhere. 

Seeing Aonar and Buunt already there, he nodded at the pair and took his customary seat in a corner, pulling out one of his canes and proceeding to begin cleaning the blood off of it. 

Everyone is so jumpy today. Panic is going to be the death of us all. It's bad for business.

I'll join in the No Kill vote for now. It's just too early to make any calls. 

PopEye sat in the back of the tavern listening to Alron's speech.  It was pretty good - too bad no one was listening to it!  He watched Alron walk over to the bar and order a drink then head out the door.  He would need to think of a way to get the rest of the town behind Alron.  Alron was the natural leader and PopEye was more than content to bask in his shadow.  He had to find a way to get his message to the rest of the town.

PopEye only became a politician because of his rich, noble father anyway.  He'd tried running away to become a sailor and that had ended up with him almost dead and blind in one eye.  Now he serves on the city council and only votes for things that require the least amount of work by him.  With these riots going on, however, he might have to get off his butt and do something about it.  He headed out the door several minutes behind Alron.

OK, so can someone send me the link to the Google doc(s) I'm supposed to have access to?  I'm new to this, so for now I'll just vote No Kill.  Thanks everybody.