Line of Warding Cannonball

merich1

We know that Lines of Warding, if not anchored, are easily knocked out of position by Lines of Vigor.

Why not draw a small Line of Warding then shoot it forward with a Line of Vigor? Sure, it might not have as much force, but it provides some much-needed AOE against a wave of chalklings.

Somehow I don't think that line of Warding are so "hard" for the chalklings(total speculation on my part, that's just how I picture it)), so it wouldn't do much damage thought it could still inconvenience them. Maybe you could just shoot very long ellipses, they ought to do more damage. Anyway the idea is very interesting.

But even better, what happens to chalklings attached to a circle what it gets thrown away? you could have someone like Melody in the back line that keeps tracing 9-point circles, fill them with chalklings, and when they are ready you shoot them into the fray. That ought to have some effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I  doubt it would have the power of a cannonball. we know that a good line of warding can stop a cannonball, but for the offensive factor the only thing that matters is the pushing force of the line of vigor. and i doubt it would be more than a punch.

A good line of forbidence can stop a cannon ball. A line of warding does not interact with 3-d thing. But a line of warding can be used to push back a cluster of chalklings. And this would be even better if the lines of warding didn't have to be circles, just very curvy lines. Like a parabola

We know that Lines of Warding, if not anchored, are easily knocked out of position by Lines of Vigor.

Why not draw a small Line of Warding then shoot it forward with a Line of Vigor? Sure, it might not have as much force, but it provides some much-needed AOE against a wave of chalklings.

It would probably have to be a quite small circle, they can be bounced around but I doubt they really go that far. Also, I'm fairly certain that they would take damage from being hit that hard.

That being said, it would make for an interesting game of soccer.

And since both lines of forbidence and line of revocation both interact with 3-d objects, would it be possible to push a line of forbidence with a line of revocation???

I doubt it. First, I don't think lines of Forbiddance are the "3d equivalent" of lines of Warding. Second, they are used as anchors for lines of Warding, so they really shouldn't go moving about on their own. Finaly, they are described as a cross between a line of Vigor and Revocation, not just a 3d line of Vigor.

Edited by Gargoyle

• 2 months later...

So let's say you get a elliptical line of warding moving in order to sweep/push chalklings around...pretty sure I read a WoB or something that said the LoV runs out of power pretty quickly....but does the LoW have inertia? Or does it have to have a LoV actively pushing it for it to move? If it has inertia, what slows it down since they obviously do stop after a little while....