Well, I'm checking back in, and it doesn't seem like much has changed except someone disagrees with Snipe, which is an opinion that I think I am beginning to share. However, I am going to leave my vote on Joseph to keep the scales somewhat even between him and Navor, who I think are both decent candidates for tonight's lynch.

So your GM has made another mistake. I messed up how much time I would have, and to be able to get everything sent out while I can tonight, I'm going to have to end this Cycle an hour early.... AKA in the next 4 minutes.....  >.<

Apologies, and I wish I would have noticed this earlier and had given some warning. I really hope this doesn't interfere with anything or mess up stuff too badly. :(

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Eh, screw it. Me changing the schedule just messed to much stuff up.

SORRY FOR THE MESS UPS. THIS CYCLE WILL STILL LAST TIL 9:30PM EST, AS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED. The write-up will just be a little late and I'll try get it up as soon as I can when I get out of work.

Once again, apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused or almost caused.

Shadowed Secrets Day 4: Sordid Solutions

The Stranger sat at the bar quietly for a few moments, thinking over everything they had heard so far, seeing what conclusions they could draw for themselves. The Innkeeper silently laughed to himself, wondering if the person figured out the story was different every time it was told – completely dependent on whoever was listening.

Sure, things started to look bleak for my poor guests,” The Innkeeper continued, skipping the next round and getting right back into the his role as orator “strong and resilient, homesteaders are if anything but a tenacious folk, and where lesser men would give up and call it quits, they just dig their heels in and keep on going.”

He flashed a quick, knowing grin. “Sticking to your path may not always be the best course of action, though....,” he said before drawing in a deep breath before plunging right back into the story.

-----------------------------

Stress and tension were running at an all time high when the sun rose in the morning, with all of the guests becoming restless and reckless. Tempers had flared, and with new blood being shed each day, and being no closer to finding the culprits – not to mention the innocents being exiled to death every night – it was quite understandable that mistakes were made.

Once again everybody gathered together to fling more accusations at each other, a small, wild fear beginning to grow and encompass them all. Shady stayed silent and stood in the shadows, awaiting their deliberation. Shadows knew he didn't want to be the one to be responsible for any more death.

After a long afternoon, everybody began to grow hungry from the pittance of rations they had been forced to live off of, and with a general collective sigh, all of the focus had turned to Navor who had tried to take advantage of the commotion to try and pickpocket somebody nearby him.

Sparks, that's bad timing,” Shady commented, and without protest, he grabbed the thief by the arm and led him out of the inn and up to the silver ring, which had taken a lot of damage during the last few days. The outer shell completely blackened by the constant onslaught of shades who were waiting outside the perimeter. their eyes were still red and calling for retribution for those who had broken the three simple, sacred rules.

Navor began to mumble some form of defense, but cut off as something caught his eye, and a look of recognition fell over his face. “Is that you – ?” He began to ask, but was cut off as he was shoved into the awaiting arms of the Shades. His flesh was withered and reduced to bone within mere moments. But the Shades remained, unphased by the sacrifice, still seeking their true prey inside of the inn.

Shady walked numbly back into the common room, where the crowd was awaiting the answer to the unspoken question. He opened his mouth to say something, but then just sighed and shook his head and left the room. As he walked up the stairs, he noticed one of the bedroom doors was left ajar, and peeking in before closing it, showed that the patron was still in the room, sitting quietly at the desk.

“Snipe?” Shady asked, moving into the room. As he walked closer, he saw a couple of vials of clear colored fluids sitting on the desk in front of him. Seems like the Scholar was studying the properties of Fenweed Sap. The Innkeeper went to go shake the man's shoulder, but the scholar's head lulled to the side, causing his balance to shift, and exposing the wide, bloody gash in his throat.

Shady stumbled back and stifled a curse. “Shadows, I'm getting to old for this.”

-----------------------

The Innkeeper trailed off once again, pausing the story at just the right moment, forcing the Stranger to have to ask for him to continue. Nobody listened to a story this long and then left off.

Sounds like they're heavily Invested into the story, the small voice in the back of his mind joked. Silent laughter followed.

So, these convicts just kept killing, and innocents were sent to their death everyday? Is there any good news, or even any point to all of this?” The Stranger finally asked, indicating they did indeed want another round, eager to hear the next part of the story.

“See, you'll just have to listen and find out, won't you?” The Innkeeper said with a wink. “Stranger comebacks have happened, though. So you never know.”

-----------------------

Navor was a Civilian!
Snipe was a Civilian with Fenweed Sap!

Navor (4) - Ryfe, Wilim, Tryel, Ash
Aoran (2) - Snipe, Joseph

Joseph (2) - Aoran, Araris
Wilim (1) - Navor
Snipe (1) - Raze

This Cycle will last 24 hours and will end at 7AM EST Wednesday, September 24th. (Sorry for the wacky write-up times) >.<

Edited by Alvron

Player List, for reference.

1. Raze (Renegade) - Pyromaniac
2. Joseph (The Only Joe) - Former Fort Man

3. Ash (Ashiok) - Anti-pyromaniac

6. Tryel (Tulir) - Timid Herbalist

7. Wilim (Mailliw73) - Eager Volunteer

10. Araris (Araris Valerian) - Metalcrafter

12. Ryfe (Theorymaker) - Mapmaker

13. Aoran (AonarFaileas) - Doctor

I'm going to vote for Aoran again. Why? For the same reasoning Kas gave before he died, and also because everyone who has voted for him has gotten Killed. On Day one, nobody voted for him. Day 2, Kasir and I voted for him. Kas died. On day 3, Snipe and I voted for him, Snipe died. (Also, he called his death. I find that interesting). He's also a well known experienced player, who has yet to be targeted in any way.

EDIT: Redacted

Edited by The Only Joe

Okay, people. Look at these numbers. We have eight players left. If we assume a 20% evil faction here, that gives us 3 convicts. I think it's possible that there are only two, but we should plan for the worst. If there are three, we are currently 5-3. If we lynch another innocent, we will almost assuredly lose next cycle. We have to get this correct now. There's hardly any room for mistake. If there are only two convicts, then we have a bit more wiggle room, but it's still going to be chancy.

Time to put my cards on the table. I am a civilian and I was given three uses of glowsap. The first cycle, I voted for Joe and then used the sap on him. I got back that he was a civilian. Given that we haven't killed the Gang Leader yet, I can't trust any of my results. Second cycle, I used the sap on Luce. Same result: civilian. As she died, that isn't useful, but there it is. This recent cycle, I used the sap on Aonar. As the other two times, I got back that he was a civilian. So since I used up all three uses of my sap, I can't check anyone else and apparently I have bad luck, because I hit only one convict at the most. Which shows that only one of either Aonar and Joe could be the Gang Leader. Not that one of them has to be, but I do suspect that one of them is. We only have fourteen hours to decide who to lynch and there has been almost zero discussion. I'm going to wait for responses from these two before I place my vote. We need discussion though.

Aoran and Joe, can you account for your actions and roles? We have to be honest here because we need all the info we can get.

I am now here, for another 5 hours or so before I go to sleep. The Convicts kinda stole my thunder, since Snipe was next on the list of people I was suspicious about. I never got an item, so I can't really help there.

There are (probably) 2 convicts, 1 leader and 5 civilians. That means that both Joe and Aonar have 1/6 chances of being the leader (from 6 people left that would give a green with the glowsap). I'm gonna see if I can remember probabilities right now. In the event that one of Joe or Aonar is the Leader, which has a total of 1/3 chance, then each of the rest of us have a 2/6 or 1/3 chance to also be a convict. However, in the more likely 2/3 chance that they are both clean, then each of the rest of us has a 3/6 or 1/2 chance to be a baddie. Adding these up, we get:

Joe and Aonar: 1/6

Everyone else: 4/9

So, IMO, unless we can find some serious evidence supporting a vote for either of those 2, then we should focus elsewhere. I have to eat ow, so I'll finish this analysis in a bit.

"Everyone agrees on a target" is a bad thing. I am now looking at Raze with some suspicion based on the fact that he tried to downplay what Snipe was saying right before he died. I also think that I can refine my numbers that I posted above, since Willim is almost certainly a civilian, or else somebody would have brought up that they got the glowsap, at which point we would have a 50/50 chance to get a convict. Anywho, assuming Willim is innocent, then Joe and Aonar have a 1/5 chance each to be a convict, and the resulting probability everyone else is 13/25, which isn't as optimistic as I indicated earlier. Whoops!

Edit: has anyone gotten any messages? I didn't send one, but if anyone did then that could be helpful.

Edit: Green on Raze

Edited by Araris Valerian

I didn't like Snipe's reasoning; that is all. He seemed to be putting too much suspicion on Aoran, Joe, and Ryfe with a connection that I felt was weak at best. Two of them, Aoran and Joe, had already been called out several times, and therefore seemed like easy scapegoats for the Convicts; Ryfe, as an inactive at the time, could've easily been considered suspicious. You even said yourself last cycle that you were finding Snipe suspicious; I simply had the misfortune of voting for Snipe the same cycle he was killed. I can see no reason that the Convicts would want to kill Snipe (unless they had somehow figured out his ability, which doesn't seem likely) except to try and cast some more suspicion on me. After all, specific deaths were the main way that we (as Mutineers) placed suspicion on people in QF 2, besides direct conversation.

But what I'd like to point out is that there are two players so far who have almost completely escaped suspicion: Araris and Tyrel. You'd think that someone would've surely brought their names up recently, but this is not the case. Both of you have seemed to be bordering the line between activity/inactivity in recent cycles, which is where Eliminators like to hide.

That is not to say that I think that Aoran, Joe, Ryfe, and the rest are all innocent. Ryfe, for instance, I am also beginning to suspect from his odd comments above. However, the problem I see is that if we don't get a successful lynch off today, we could very well die. If Wilim's information is correct, then Aonar or Joe could only be a Convict Leader, as opposed to a regular Convict. Anyone who hasn't been scanned, however, can be a Convict Leader or a regular Convict, which is a much greater chance.

I'm holding on to my vote until we get some more info. Hopefully, I should be able to get on before the cycle ends. But if I'm not, then good luck to y'all.

Well, at this point, the question is: Do we believe Mail? Or on the other side, does anybody else have glowsap? Here's what I'm thinking. If Mail is a convict, we can probably say that one of the two he chose is a convict.

Usually, the first person to divulge their role is instantly trusted. The Convicts could easily use this. It's like my whole viewer thing LG 6... I dunno, it just seems off to me. I'm gonna 'vote' Mail, and come on around 6:30 to check out what's going on. Goodnight all, and let's hope we hit a convict.

Yes, I have been less active.  Part of that is this is my first Quick Fix, and I keep on forgetting that cycles are only 24 hours.  That doesn't really excuse it, though.  It is odd that my name hasn't been brought up before, but I have no explanation of that.

I do agree with Joseph, though, that it was unusual that Snipe called their death.  Most of the time, unless someone is a major player, calling your death never works, as leaving them alive normally makes them more suspicious.  Willim, I am on the border where I trust you and you seem to be helping us a lot, but because of people in previous games have pulled things similar to that before.  (What Ash posted as I was typing this)  I'm not quite sure of anyone in the game at this point, so I am going to cast a vote at Ryfe, mainly because of little posting and some erraticness.

Really, Joe? I'm very tempted to vote for you again, simply because of how you're been playing this. You've fixated on points brought up very early in the game, and ignored contrary evidence and logical rebuttals. But Araris brings up a good point: even voting at random, we have a better chance finding a Convict voting for someone other than you (This is moot however if Araris is a Convict). So I'm not voting quite yet. (Sorry about posting so late myself, I've been out of town all day.)

Maill: I'm a plain old item-less Civillian. I've only used one action, primarily because I've only had enough rations to use one action so far. :P I sent a Message to Kas, hoping that neither he nor I died in that lynch. Obviously, that didn't work out very well. I realize that this is impossible to confirm, and likely increases my sketchiness quotient (is that a thing? :P) but I figure I should be as straight as possible, rather than hide things to make myself seem more innocent.

Seeing how no one has called Maill on his Investigator role, I feel we should assume for the present that he is telling the truth for the time being. 

Edited by AonarFaileas

Well, I think the reason that I haven't been brought up is largely because this game's voting has revolved around inactivity and poorly worded arguments, from how I've seen it. I just haven't been involved enough to make mistakes that anyone could pick up on.

Current Actual vote tally:

Aoran (1) Joe

Ash (2) Ryfe, Araris

Raze (0) Araris

Ryfe (1) Tryel

Based on this and Ash's last comment, which I don't quite understand, I'm gonna change to Ash. Only villagers can be viewers, and (I think) everyone has been online to see Maill's post. If anyone had seen that post then I also assume that they would remark about 2 glowsaps existing, especially what with the discussion that we have been having. I also assume that the eliminators haven't tried to confuse us about this since that would give us a 1/2 chance of guessing an eliminator instead of the 3/7 or 3/8 that we are dealing with right now. Anyway, now somebody is headed for death, so lets see votes from the 4 without so far.

If I didn't have glowsap, someone would've challenged me, no doubt. I think Joe is the only one who hasn't been on since I revealed myself. I can't decide who to vote on. As of now, I think Aonar and Joe are both clean, but neither is 100% in my book. I think I'm going to vote for Ryfe. As of now, he's the most suspicious to me. He seems too eager to do whatever we suggest. Once I brought up the need for talk, he jumped on and agreed. Once I asked him to vote, he did so. That's not right to me.

Ryfe looked up from his maps at all of the people flinging accusations at him. After being silent for a long time Ryfe finally spoke saying, "Yes, I am a Convict. But I'm not the reason the Shades are angry. They're angry because the stupid innkeeper is keeping a shadows-cursed fire in the backroom! Seriously, put that out and all of you will probably escape alive." After Ryfe gave his speech he ran upstairs to hide from the peaceful, law-abiding guests of this wonderful waystop.

Yes, I'm a Convict and if I didn't die today I would just have to die tomorrow, as I do terribly under pressure and Wilim figured it out. Good job and good night. All of those maps are wrong by the way.

So, people, get some more votes on Ryfe so we actually get a Convict kill.  However, this makes me even more suspicious of Ash, seeing as revealing yourself with more than a couple hours left is not generally viewed as a good idea, so I think it was to draw suspicion off of Ash, who currently is tied for being lynched.

Ryfe looked up from his maps at all of the people flinging accusations at him. After being silent for a long time Ryfe finally spoke saying, "Yes, I am a Convict. But I'm not the reason the Shades are angry. They're angry because the stupid innkeeper is keeping a shadows-cursed fire in the backroom! Seriously, put that out and all of you will probably escape alive." After Ryfe gave his speech he ran upstairs to hide from the peaceful, law-abiding guests of this wonderful waystop.

Yes, I'm a Convict and if I didn't die today I would just have to die tomorrow, as I do terribly under pressure and Wilim figured it out. Good job and good night. All of those maps are wrong by the way.

Yes! I finally am a major help. :) Well played, Ryfe. i didnt suspect you at all until this cycle, so well done. Have fun with the Shades. ;)

I agree with Tulir. we need to make sure we get Ryfe. We dont want Any last minute vote changes to save him.