The Ultimate SLC Comic Con Stalker Strategy Thread

Seonid

Can you ask some questions for me if you could? That would be awesome!

1. Can a Cadmium mind store Breath?

2. With the more investiture-poor the world is, does that mean its magics are easier to use off-world? Because allomancy (from investiture-poor Scadrial) seems pretty easy to use off-world, while surgebinding (from investiture-rich Roshar) would be super hard to use off-world because how the heck are you gonna get stormlight?

I wasn't able to attend, but a good friend of mine was. She got nervous upon meeting him for the first time and forgot to ask her questions, but she got a recording of his 3:00 panel today and will post it sometime. She also got him to sign two books, one with a tidbit about Kaladin and one about Dalinar. The one about Kaladin said, "Kaladin has known two Lightweavers."

Edit: the one about Dalinar, unfortunately didn't reveal anything new. He couldn't think of anything to say about him, so he just put that Dalinar was his first character, written when he was 15.

Edited by Mailliw73

All of Brandon's panels were recorded, as were most signings. I need to review what we got, and then I'll post what I can. I know there are going to be some problems with some of the audio due to someone blasting licensed music nearby, and I don't want any issues with infringing on the artist's copyright. Now time to sleep for 36 hours.

Feather had me ask about Renarin's eye color (no go, Brandon told me to email him because he couldn't remember off the top of his head) and I confirmed my theorizing about the musicdal development of scadrial (aka jazz). Oh, and the locations of the Fireflight and Shadows of Self releases (Orem B&N and the BYU Bookstore respectively).

I asked if a splinter could use up its mind like Leras did when he imprisoned Ati.  He said that it could, but it would not be able to do something of that magnitude.  It could do smaller stuff.  

I asked if Gaz had been replaced by a kandra.  He said no, that Gaz is still the real Gaz.  

He confirmed that the Kandra worldhopper is female.  

I asked what planet we have seen the kandra worldhopper on, and he said "You have seen her before."

I asked if she was an agent of Sazed and he said yes!

I wasn't able to attend, but a good friend of mine was. She got nervous upon meeting him for the first time and forgot to ask her questions, but she got a recording of his 3:00 panel today and will post it sometime. She also got him to sign two books, one with a tidbit about Kaladin and one about Dalinar. The one about Kaladin said, "Kaladin has known two Lightweavers."

Edit: the one about Dalinar, unfortunately didn't reveal anything new. He couldn't think of anything to say about him, so he just put that Dalinar was his first character, written when he was 15.

Would that be his brother, Tien? Tien always cheered him up, similar to Shallan always smiling. It would also kind of make since so far the KR bonding seems to cluster around certain families.

I'm pretty sure it's Shallan (a member of the Order of Lightweavers) and Hoid (who is able to lightweave).

Wasn't it confirmed somewhere Hoid is not a surgebinder? I dimly recall reading something about it.... but it could be me memory is wrong. My money is on Tien who was a cheerful kid and proved to be a talented artisan shortly before his death :( However, it would kind of break the idea launched by Pattern that he is the only one of his kind to be send. Perhaps Kal met Shalash?

Edited by maxal

Wasn't it confirmed somewhere Hoid is not a surgebinder? I dimly recall reading something about it.... but it could be me memory is wrong. My money is on Tien who was a cheerful kid and proved to be a talented artisan shortly before his death :( However, it would kind of break the idea launched by Pattern that he is the only one of his kind to be send. Perhaps Kal met Shalash?

Hoid isn't a Surgebinder, he has access to Yolish Lightweaving.

He can lightweave, that makes him a lightweaver.  I don't see a reason why he wouldn't count as one of the two lightweavers Kaladin knows.

Good point. I guess I was expecting more a Shallan type of Lightweaver.

Feather had me ask about Renarin's eye color (no go, Brandon told me to email him because he couldn't remember off the top of his head) and I confirmed my theorizing about the musicdal development of scadrial (aka jazz). Oh, and the locations of the Fireflight and Shadows of Self releases (Orem B&N and the BYU Bookstore respectively).

I would be curious to know about Renarin's hair color... I have been trying to get a mental image of him, but I get stuck on hair... He is never described as blond like his brother and Brandon did say he inherited less of the hair than Adolin, which makes me think he is mostly black with a few blond locks. Dalinar did say he had blond locks, but nobody ever remarks on his hair whereas everyone comments on Adolin's blond.

It is not overly important, but I have been wondering about this....

Edited by WeiryWriter
please don't double post, use the multi-quote feature

He might not!

*squints*

Is this Peter-the-cryptically-helpful or Peter-the-troll?

*strokes chin*

Well if we are talking about ability to use Rosharan Lightweaving, then Renarin should count, as a Truthwatcher he has access to the Illumination Surge (i.e. Lightweaving).  Though I guess he would be a lightweaver-in-potentia, since he probably hasn't progressed that far...

I'm just, having the second lightweaver not be an Order of the Lightweavers Lightweaver is a very Aes Sedai twist that non-cosmere-literate people will miss.  Which just sounds like Brandon.

But you are Peter...  Stop making me doubt things!

After a few months here I understand why Peter's quotes are considered to be very "troll-y" in nature...

-

So we have:

-

Shallan (Definitely)

Unknown

-

The open spot could be filled by:

Hoid = Yolish Lightweaver

Renarin = Truthwatcher possessing the Surge of Illumination

As of yet unknown Lightweaver, either Truthwatcher or Lightweaver.

Elhokar = Sees symbol-heads. Doubtful but possible.

Edited by Kal Dell

Regarding the "Lightweaving" bit, I don't believe Hoid counts. He can Lightweave, but he is not a Lightweaver (which is an order of the Knights Radiant). If having the ability to Lightweave makes you a Lightweaver, Kaladin has known three at least: Shallan, Renarin, and Hoid. He has only known two.

We also have a hint from Peter here saying otherwise.

So, it seems to me that we have a mystery Surgebinder in Kaladin's past somewhere.

Edited by Moogle