I would like to announce Part 2

Zas678

I would like to stop lurking for a moment in order to announce that I am one exam and one day away from being done my first semester of law school AND my boyfriend Craig and I got engaged this past month :D.  Have to say I am very excited for the holidays!

Nice! Congrats, yo! Got a date set?

I would like to stop lurking for a moment in order to announce that I am one exam and one day away from being done my first semester of law school AND my boyfriend Craig and I got engaged this past month :D.  Have to say I am very excited for the holidays!

Congrats man! Much happiness to you both :)

Not yet, it'll be at least a year probably, so maybe January 2015?  We're gonna start consulting our families for workable dates as soon as finals are done. 

Thanks guys :)

Congratulation, If where you are is like here the first years of law school are a crazy ride, And Congatulation 3x for your engament, there is nothing like finding your other half =)

• 5 weeks later...

I have a great many announcements! First, I PASSED MY COMPS! I'm getting a Master's degree!

And more importantly, we have three new promotions: FeatherWriter, little_wilson, and WeiryWriter! Say hello to the new spikees :)

Edited by Chaos
Added Weiry as the third promotion

I have a great many announcements! First, I PASSED MY COMPS! I'm getting a Master's degree!

And more importantly, we have two promotions (soon to be three): FeatherWriter and little_wilsothern! Say hello to the new spikees :)

Congratulations, Chaos!  What are you planning on doing next?

Also, congratulations to little_wilson and Feather and Weiry!

Edit: Added Weiry now that I have seen that Chaos added Weiry.

Edited by Shardlet

• 1 month later...

This thread isn't getting enough love recently. Time to fix that.

I would like to announce that 17th Shard has over 100,000 posts as of today! :D

Also Shardlet, I don't know what I'd do next at all haha.

• 2 months later...

This topic does not get enough love. Where are all the silly announcements?

I have a non-silly announcement. I have obtained my Master's degree in math this last Saturday. You may now legally refer to me as Master, and that's totally okay. Or Mathster, or High Prelan of Numbers. All good in my book.

Even more awesome, I actually have a job! Granted, I'm not moving far, but I'm a non-tenure track faculty member at my university. I'll be a supervisor in our Math Learning Center, and work and teach full time this upcoming semester. I'm really excited. I would not mind doing this for a time while using some additional free time to write more.

• 8 months later...

This topic has been criminally neglected!

I would like to announce that no one has yet noticed my spectacular word filters that I put in place: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/statuses/user/1-chaos/?status_id=5576

Muwhahahaha.

And I can definitely say the filters make the posts in question much nicer looking.

This seems to be the place for announcements. But as I'm really quite bad at being silly/funny I shall just do what I do best which is depressing. 

I would like to announce that in 7 days, pretty sure, I will be starting the road to recovering from depression. Yay now I get to consume lots of legal drugs which will screw up my screwed sleeping patterns, change me from a cranky individual to a very irritable individual and more than likely will make the voice inside my head louder causing mo to really have to fight my suicidal tendencies. 

But Smurf how do you know this?

Well guys both of my older siblings are on anti-depressants and these are the side affects apparently. Though I am weird in my reaction to drugs so hopefully this won't be the case. 

• 4 weeks later...

This seems to be the place for announcements. But as I'm really quite bad at being silly/funny I shall just do what I do best which is depressing. 

I would like to announce that in 7 days, pretty sure, I will be starting the road to recovering from depression. Yay now I get to consume lots of legal drugs which will screw up my screwed sleeping patterns, change me from a cranky individual to a very irritable individual and more than likely will make the voice inside my head louder causing mo to really have to fight my suicidal tendencies. 

But Smurf how do you know this?

Well guys both of my older siblings are on anti-depressants and these are the side affects apparently. Though I am weird in my reaction to drugs so hopefully this won't be the case. 

Hope it goes better than this with you, I'm on Lexapro at the moment after trying pretty much every Antidepressant available it seems to work the best, I don't experience much in the way of side effects, some headaches, weird sleeping patterns but that's about it.

I would like to announce that I just finished my tenth read through of Alloy of Law.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I put down an offer on a new house this evening.  It was accepted in about 2 hours.

So....I guess we're moving across the state line next month. :)

(It's not that Kansas is any better than Missouri, it's that we both work in KS and doing that and living in MO makes tax time really, really complicated and we are quite tired of it.  Plus, the new house is completely gorgeous.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This topic has been criminally neglected!

I would like to announce that no one has yet noticed my spectacular word filters that I put in place: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/statuses/user/1-chaos/?status_id=5576

Muwhahahaha.

And I can definitely say the filters make the posts in question much nicer looking.

I've noticed people using one of the filters (which I peeked at so I cheated), and I can't tell if they are using them as words, or if they are typing other words and triggering the filters...

Some of them seem very convenient (if I was looking at the right filters that is).  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic