I would like to announce Part 2

Zas678

I would like to announce that while compiling all the questions Brandon's answered so far for the Interview Database, I decided to count how many pages it fits into. Part of this length comes from formatting, but right now it's 53 pages long! Thank you Brandon!!! :D

Though that length also includes the question length, too, right?

I would like to announce that I successfully grabbed a screenshot of a milestone as Brandon's Q&A began :D

med_gallery_542_9_3702.png

EDIT:

I just realized the Brandon's profile was made on the 16th! That's so REDACTED awesome!

I would like to announce the inevitable one-upping of Windrunner

Brandon1337.png

I would like to announce that playing "Slender" multiplayer in the same room as a friend with sharp nail is a TERRIBLE idea. Owch.

I would also like to announce that I got back form the eyedoctor's evil "Expand you pupil" contraptions. Even a dimly lit room scalds my eyes now. I can officially announce my empathy for Spook the stud.

I would like to announce that Stormlight 2 is now at 8%!!!

Yay!

I Would like to announce that I am on Chaos's side in the up vote war (no offense Zas).

Edit: Am I the only one who's noticed that Brandon Sanderson hasn't come to Alaska, like, ever?

Edited by Stroniax

I would like to announce that I have written the best word problem for my students, ever. Observe!

An Allomancer must get his mixture of pewter—-an alloy of tin and lead—-in the exact correct proportions, or else he will get sick and not gain magical powers. Recall that density is mass divided by volume. Tin weighs 7.3 grams per cubic centimeter (cc), and lead is 11.3 grams per cc.

a. If one cc of a mixture of pewter has .85 cc of tin (and the rest lead), how much does it weigh?

b. Write a formula for the weight of one cc of pewter in terms of the volume of tin.

c. If one cc of Allomancer's pewter weighs 7.54 grams, what is the weight of tin (not volume!!) in it?

d. What is the ratio of weight of tin to the weight of Allomancer’s pewter? (This is the percentage of tin in the alloy) To check if you got the right answer, Kelsier hints you that it is a little above 90%. Don’t let him down or you’ll totally screw up his heist (you jerk).

EDIT: And yes, the numbers do come out to 91% tin ;)

Edited by Chaos

I would like to announce that it's because that's the theme of this thread. It just wouldn't be the same if we merely announced things without announcing that we would like to announce them. :P

I would also like to announce that awesome things are coming. Watch the front page for more info over the course of this weekend!

I would like to announce that the LDS church has lowered the age for male missionaries from 19 to 18 (as long as they've graduated), and lowered it for female missionaries from 21 to 19.

Also, I would like to announce that they just announced a temple in Arequipa, Peru, where I'm going to serve!

Also, I would like to invite anyone who would wish to to come and see General Conference. The speakers are wonderful, the songs are beautiful, and the talks are uplifting.

Watch it here

Sessions are from 10-12 and 2-4 MST today and tomorrow.

Even if it's for 5 minutes, I think you'll be glad that you watched. But then again, I'm biased. ;)

</mormonness>

I would like to announce that I ran a personal record of 20 minutes 38 seconds at my latest cross-country meet (They're 5Ks, if you don't know). It hurt. The missionary age-lowering thing is pretty huge for me as well, as I will be (at this point in time, anyway) going at the reduced age.

I would also like to announce that Stormlight 2's progress bar is moving faster than I thought it would :).