I would like to announce Part 2

Zas678

Ah well that makes sense haha. I would like to announce that Java is lame because the plug-in keeps crashing.

I announce that Java is lame full-stop. Same thing goes for Flash.

Yes.

But at least it isn't flash.

Android essentially is java, from the ground up :P

Personally, i dont mind it, it's built on some pretty good principles, but it does seem a bit...bloated at times.

I have to announce a couple of things.

1. Going on a backpacking trip in the mountains with friends is fun, right? Except when it rains buckets the first night and snows constantly the second day. So tired...

2. I will finally be able to get the about ten theory ideas I have had for a while up because it is summer!! Yay!!!

I would like to announce that I just did some very interesting -and very disturbing, to say the least - math.

The average I spend on a pack of cigarettes is $6.50.

The average I smoke is a pack a day.

That means I spend $45.50 a week on cigarettes.

That means I spend $182 a month on cigarettes. Now, that doesn't seem like much, in the grand scheme of things. However, what definitely does seem like much, is this.

I spend, roughly, $2,184 a year on cigarettes.

My tuition, for next semester, is $1,700. I'm paying more for cigarettes than I am for schooling.

And I keep thinking about what that money could be...

• Four months of rent in a decent apartment.

• Good food - not ramen or other cheap stuff - for about six months.

• A year and a half of phone payments.

• 145 books.

• A visit to the movie theater - full pricing, not matinee - every week for four years.

• 548 packs of Magic cards.

• 859 packs of Tic Tacs.

• So many waffles.

And the list goes on.

My parents tell me that in Nebraska when I was young we got baseball sized hail one year. It was so big that they could only fit three on one big-gulp cup. Now our old car has dents all over the hood, thus its nickname, "Dimples".

I would like to announce that I just did some very interesting -and very disturbing, to say the least - math.

The average I spend on a pack of cigarettes is $6.50.

The average I smoke is a pack a day.

That means I spend $45.50 a week on cigarettes.

That means I spend $182 a month on cigarettes. Now, that doesn't seem like much, in the grand scheme of things. However, what definitely does seem like much, is this.

I spend, roughly, $2,184 a year on cigarettes.

My tuition, for next semester, is $1,700. I'm paying more for cigarettes than I am for schooling.

And I keep thinking about what that money could be...

• Four months of rent in a decent apartment.

• Good food - not ramen or other cheap stuff - for about six months.

• A year and a half of phone payments.

• 145 books.

• A visit to the movie theater - full pricing, not matinee - every week for four years.

• 548 packs of Magic cards.

• 859 packs of Tic Tacs.

• So many waffles.

And the list goes on.

So, you're quitting smoking?

Once I finish this pack, yes. If I had done the math before buying this one, I'd have an extra $6 and would probably be into my first nic fit by now.

Good for you! Having had multiple family members as smokers who quit and/or tried to quit I know its no easy thing. I hope it works out for you!

I would like to announce that 45 minutes into a Skype video chat I discovered that my camera had been off the whole time. Somehow I didn't figure that out :P

I would like to announce that for the first time ever, I am moving into my own apartment. No roommates. Nothing. All mine! MUWHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Time to put up my Table of Allomantic Metals.

Time to put up my Table of Allomantic Metals.

The number one copy of the Table of Allomantic Metals deserves a nice frame in a place of honor Or maybe "the place closest to Honor" but I guess no one knows where that is. :P

Did you not have it hung up in your old place or is it being hung back up?

Once I finish this pack, yes. If I had done the math before buying this one, I'd have an extra $6 and would probably be into my first nic fit by now.

Hooray! You picked a better time to quit than my grandmother did. She had a heart attack, and when the paramedics asked if she smoked, she replied "Not anymore." They said, "That's good! When did you quit?" "The moment I felt the pain." And she never smoked again.

The number one copy of the Table of Allomantic Metals deserves a nice frame in a place of honor Or maybe "the place closest to Honor" but I guess no one knows where that is. :P

Did you not have it hung up in your old place or is it being hung back up?

Well, obviously that would be the west wall.

I very rarely double-post, but right now, I have an especially awesome announcement. Today, the amount of posts on 17th Shard has exceeded the total size of Brandon's forums on TWG. We currently have 35189 posts, compared to the Brandon forum there which had 35173 posts.

Granted, these numbers are slightly inflated, because we have off topic threads included in this count like this topic, which would have never been in the Brandon forum there. Still, guys and gals, pat yourselves on the back. This is a pretty crazy milestone since we are a little less than two years old. It's all thanks to how awesome you all are that this even continues to exist, much less be the mad success that it is.

Thanks, everyone. You're all the best.