I would like to announce Part 2

Zas678

[quote name='Sir Read-a-Lot' timestamp='1336458976' post='3

I'm sorry. What happened?

Long story I found out last weekend that he had gotten in a fight with one of my extremely close friends (let's call her Abby) but I didn't know any of the details. He was over at my house on Saturday and when I asked him about it he said that he had no idea what I was talking about. I asked Abby and she had a completely different story.

So some background info, me and Abby had a sort of history and he knew about it and knew that she was absolutely off limits.

So apparently he had gone behind my back and tried to start a relationship with Abby, she told him she wasn't ready for a boyfriend and that she didn't want a relationship. He flipped out and called her a b**** and sent her a whole bunch of angry text messages that she showed me.

Some how he found out I was talking with Abby and So he started texting me saying he was sorry that he had "betrayed" me and that he never wanted to see me again because, "I wish this had never happened, but a part of me is still in love with her and it will be to hard for us to come back to being friends with what has happened". Last night me and Abby went over to his house to try and talk some sense into his head and when he saw us he wouldn't say a word and just walked away and left us standing there.

Since all of this started it wasn't until that moment that I got angry, I was angry with him for what he tried to do with Abby and what he did to her when she wouldn't, I'm angry that he went behind my back and I am angry that he lied to me, I'm angry at him for walking away last night and I hate him for pretending to be my friend.

tl;dr

Life sucks.

I would like to announce that I just found out that Brandon will be at Phoenix Comic Con this year. The year after I moved away from a town that was an hour at most from Phoenix. I have literally been to the Phoenix convention center multiple times and saw signs for last year's Comic Con. He was probably there before I discovered his books but at this point I don't even want to know.

I would like to announce that I have no internet and am suffering from chat-withdrawal.

Aww... Guess that is why I haven't seen you around. We miss you too! Hope your interwebs are restored soon :P

And Windrunner, that is waaaaaayy lame. I would be reeeeally really irritated too.

I would like to announce that my cousin is awesome. He's going away to Canada for a month, and without me doing anything, he gave me his car for the month! It will make my life much easier. So he's awesome.

Also, 1300 posts and 300 upvotes! Whoo-hoo!

Was your experiment, perchance, on the effects of being slapped? With yourself as one of the participants? That could explain such a result.

Nah, more like not moving my face at all as I typed it. It was actually about facial recognition (<.< which is still ironic).

Long story I found out last weekend that he had gotten in a fight with one of my extremely close friends (let's call her Abby) but I didn't know any of the details. He was over at my house on Saturday and when I asked him about it he said that he had no idea what I was talking about. I asked Abby and she had a completely different story.

So some background info, me and Abby had a sort of history and he knew about it and knew that she was absolutely off limits.

So apparently he had gone behind my back and tried to start a relationship with Abby, she told him she wasn't ready for a boyfriend and that she didn't want a relationship. He flipped out and called her a b**** and sent her a whole bunch of angry text messages that she showed me.

Some how he found out I was talking with Abby and So he started texting me saying he was sorry that he had "betrayed" me and that he never wanted to see me again because, "I wish this had never happened, but a part of me is still in love with her and it will be to hard for us to come back to being friends with what has happened". Last night me and Abby went over to his house to try and talk some sense into his head and when he saw us he wouldn't say a word and just walked away and left us standing there.

Since all of this started it wasn't until that moment that I got angry, I was angry with him for what he tried to do with Abby and what he did to her when she wouldn't, I'm angry that he went behind my back and I am angry that he lied to me, I'm angry at him for walking away last night and I hate him for pretending to be my friend.

tl;dr

Life sucks.

Sorry for not responding to you quicker, I really wanted to know, but was very distracted with people coming into town and haven't been super active online.

Okay, so, first of all, he obviously had no right to get angry at Abby because he wanted to try and have a relationship with her and she said no. It happens. Either there's chemistry or there's not. There's nothing he can do about it. But sure, I'm positive that him yelling at Abby and calling her names will totally make him more appealing. Works every time! So, even if you didn't know Abby at all, he's already acting like a total jerk.

He's also just being a jerk to you. Even if he really did love her, he could have at least been honest about to you. I'd be a lot more receptive (though still apprehensive) to someone saying to me "I really love her, please just let me have this one shot" with a girl I had history with than him not telling me at all. There's a lot better ways he could have done this to be more respectful to you. Though, it seems his "one shot" failed pretty spectacularly. So now he managed to basically be a dick to every party involved. Woo pure selfishness, I guess.

Also, what the crap? "I'm still in love with her, so now I can't be friends with you, either?" Okay, it's one thing for things to be awkward with the item of your unrequited affection. That's a given. But him taking it up on you is something else entirely, because he could have tried to make amends with you. It'd have been so easy for him to say that he at least wanted to try. I suppose this largely depends on what history you had with Abby, of course, but still, he definitely could've made amends. If he went behind your back for a shot at romance, it failed, and he apologized to you, I'd be mad at him for a little while for doing that, but I'd forgive him eventually. But hey, I'm a romantic.

The fact of the matter is that he obviously doesn't care enough about you or her. This really isn't love when it's all very self-centered like that. Maybe he'll get over it in a month or two. In fact, I think that could be a possibility. But at the end of the day, don't be sad if someone like that doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Loyalty is not something inherent that you need to abide by. Definitely try to talk to him, try to be polite, and maybe he will respond to that and eventually come back to reality. But, if he doesn't, don't beat yourself up over it. It hurts to stop talking to an old friend like that, I know, but stick to people who actually care about your well-being, not people that you've been around the longest.

I'd like to announce that I am back on the internet much more consistently now, so you get much more Chaos's Relationship Advice Train™, now with much more unpredictability, and possibly spikes.

Oh, who am I kidding. There will definitely be spikes.

Sorry SOM1else I know that feeling and it sucks. Hope it all pans out well for you, if that's even possible at this point.

I would like to announce that I completed my AP World History exam today. After three hours and a hand cramp I came away feeling pretty good about it. Hopefully pulled a 4. Surprisingly I didn't cram much last night for it. When I started reading the word tension as TenSoon I figured it was about time to go to bed. :P

I would like to announce that I miss my ability to upvote. (REDACTED phone internet >.>)

Currently owed upvotes: Zas in the Hoid thread and Windrunner for the above.

Also, Som1. I don't know how old you are, but that stuff is coming across as high school drama. If that's the case, don't worry about it too much. Drama will happen. It's almost never as important as it seems. your real friends will come out the other side of it with you. Give your friend the opportunity to mature a little.

I would like to announce that I miss my ability to upvote. (REDACTED phone internet >.>)

You don't have to use the mobile site, you know, if you're on a smartphone. I certainly never use it on my Galaxy Nexus.

You don't have to use the mobile site, you know, if you're on a smartphone. I certainly never use it on my Galaxy Nexus.

Yeah, I never use the mobile site either. I prefer full functionality.

Also, Windrunner: the AP economics exam at my school was in the same room as the World History one. You have no idea how awesome it was to finish our free-response questions in an hour and walk out cackling quietly because the silly sophomores still had an hour left before they finished with essays :PB)

Sorry SOM1else I know that feeling and it sucks. Hope it all pans out well for you, if that's even possible at this point.

I would like to announce that I completed my AP World History exam today. After three hours and a hand cramp I came away feeling pretty good about it. Hopefully pulled a 4. Surprisingly I didn't cram much last night for it. When I started reading the word tension as TenSoon I figured it was about time to go to bed. :P

I remember World History. It and English Lit were the most boring of all my AP tests (and I took quite a few).

Sorry for not responding to you quicker, I really wanted to know, but was very distracted with people coming into town and haven't been super active online.

Okay, so, first of all, he obviously had no right to get angry at Abby because he wanted to try and have a relationship with her and she said no. It happens. Either there's chemistry or there's not. There's nothing he can do about it. But sure, I'm positive that him yelling at Abby and calling her names will totally make him more appealing. Works every time! So, even if you didn't know Abby at all, he's already acting like a total jerk.

He's also just being a jerk to you. Even if he really did love her, he could have at least been honest about to you. I'd be a lot more receptive (though still apprehensive) to someone saying to me "I really love her, please just let me have this one shot" with a girl I had history with than him not telling me at all. There's a lot better ways he could have done this to be more respectful to you. Though, it seems his "one shot" failed pretty spectacularly. So now he managed to basically be a dick to every party involved. Woo pure selfishness, I guess.

Also, what the crap? "I'm still in love with her, so now I can't be friends with you, either?" Okay, it's one thing for things to be awkward with the item of your unrequited affection. That's a given. But him taking it up on you is something else entirely, because he could have tried to make amends with you. It'd have been so easy for him to say that he at least wanted to try. I suppose this largely depends on what history you had with Abby, of course, but still, he definitely could've made amends. If he went behind your back for a shot at romance, it failed, and he apologized to you, I'd be mad at him for a little while for doing that, but I'd forgive him eventually. But hey, I'm a romantic.

The fact of the matter is that he obviously doesn't care enough about you or her. This really isn't love when it's all very self-centered like that. Maybe he'll get over it in a month or two. In fact, I think that could be a possibility. But at the end of the day, don't be sad if someone like that doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Loyalty is not something inherent that you need to abide by. Definitely try to talk to him, try to be polite, and maybe he will respond to that and eventually come back to reality. But, if he doesn't, don't beat yourself up over it. It hurts to stop talking to an old friend like that, I know, but stick to people who actually care about your well-being, not people that you've been around the longest.

I'd like to announce that I am back on the internet much more consistently now, so you get much more Chaos's Relationship Advice Train™, now with much more unpredictability, and possibly spikes.

Oh, who am I kidding. There will definitely be spikes.

Thanks for writing that, I needed to hear it. I havent seen him since this whole thing happened but I feel kinda bad for him though, part of the reason Abby rejected him was because of me. She did like him a lot until all of this happened, but when he tried to start something with her behind my back she litterally told him "Bros before hoes" and that he'd be a bad friend to me if he made it secret. Of course that wasn't the only reason.

I've basically given up trying to work things out with him. If he came to me and wanted to talk I would, but I don't know if that would change things between us. Also if I do ever see him again I'm going to struggle real hard with not punching him in the face for what he did to Abby. How he has treated me is nothing compared to how he has treated her.

I would like to announce that I just noticed the new tab for chat in the menu. How long have I not been noticing that?

About two hours :P

I'm crafting a news post about it right now.

The interface isn't very good (the plugin is better on newer versions of IPB, which hopefully aren't a Java app) but it's something.

That was the problem originally. It refused to do anything and just had a notice advising me to update it. So I did and it failed several times. Then I restarted the computer and it installed just fine. So I thought everything was golden. But then it takes forever to load and either freezes Chrome or advises me to kill the plug-in. So its probably problems on my end.