Suvudu Cage Match 2012

dhalagirl

Silver is not Allomantically inert the way aluminum is. In that annotation, Brandon just meant that silver didn't do anything if you swallowed it and tried to burn it. It can be Pushed and Pulled. Years after Brandon wrote that annotation, what he means by "Allomantically inert" has changed.

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

Silver is not Allomantically inert the way aluminum is. In that annotation, Brandon just meant that silver didn't do anything if you swallowed it and tried to burn it. It can be Pushed and Pulled. Years after Brandon wrote that annotation, what he means by "Allomantically inert" has changed.

I know that. My point is, that annotation and the related scene in the book are the only places where silver is mentioned at all when related to Allomancy. So the fact that she managed to find that piece of information is impressive, even if she misunderstood what it meant.

I'd like to see Brandon write the Moraine v Kelsier match-up, ifwhen it comes.

If there's anyone who could do both characters justice, and integrate the magic systems, it'd be him.

I agree with this statement, a lot!!!

Ah, I keep coming to these rounds just a little too late to vote for them! Dang. Oh well, Kel and Moraine seem to be doing fine without me.

Has anyone else been following Kylar Stern? I just started reading his trilogy and now I'm reading his matchups. It helps that his author is writing them! His fight against Harry Potter was hilarious!

Ah, I keep coming to these rounds just a little too late to vote for them! Dang. Oh well, Kel and Moraine seem to be doing fine without me.

Has anyone else been following Kylar Stern? I just started reading his trilogy and now I'm reading his matchups. It helps that his author is writing them! His fight against Harry Potter was hilarious!

It should be opening again tomorrow.

Also, the first two match-ups were easy ones. Now we're getting into the hard matches.

I've been following the Kylar Stern write ups :D I wasn't sure what to do when he went up against Harry, although truth be told I do find Harry to be quite a bit more annoying :P

Anyway the write ups have all been great so far, (although the last Kelsier fight got to me a bit, especially the part where he just stops in the middle of the fight to try and steal something I understand that it might be difficult to write his character without reading the books but come on, no one would do that) I don't know who to root for, too many of my favourites! Kelsier, Moiraine, Thomas, Darth Reavan, Harry and Kylar. ARGH!

Kell is back up

Has anyone read the twenty palaces series? It would be interesting to know how accurate the other guy's powers are against our Kelsier.

lol, under Ray Lilly's "kills" list, the comment on Tyrion Lannister's demise is

You have to figure GRRM would have killed him off anyway…
Edited by lyssie95

so, apparently, if zaphod and bast go toe-to-toe in the next round, we could see a patrick rothfuss write up (as noted on the bottom of the page).

Though, bast is losing pretty badly (has about 1/3rd of the votes) and zaphod is neck and neck (i'm literally watching it change by the minute by refreshing the totals)

Kell is back up

Has anyone read the twenty palaces series? It would be interesting to know how accurate the other guy's powers are against our Kelsier.

I read the first one a while ago and from that book I would say Kelsier would win. The only real danger would be the ghost paper (cuts through anything and Ray can guide it with his mind) but atium would top that. I guess it would come down to if Kelsier knocks away Ray's gun in time or not.

Edited by Ilidsor

Who is GRRM?

Short for George R. R. Martin, and what Kurkistan said.

I read the first one a while ago and from that book I would say Kelsier would win. The only real danger would be the ghost paper (cuts through anything and Ray can guide it with his mind) but atium would top that. I guess it would come down to if Kelsier knocks away Ray's gun in time or not.

Also, he's apparently resistant to physical damage (resistant, not immune), but I figure that if Kelsier can kill an Inquisitor, he can kill Ray. When in doubt, chop off their head. It's hard to live through that...

Edited by Sir Read-a-Lot

A Brandon-written, Kelsier v. Moiraine write-up? Yes please!

Also, even though I found Brandon through WoT, I'm rooting more for Kelsier! Though I think I trust his opinion so much that I'll probably just vote for which ever one wins the fight. Or just Kelsier.

Because, you know...

Kelsier.

Fiiiiine. I'm a fangirl. I admit it. If Kaladin ever enters the cagematch I'm done for.

Mistborn 1 spoilers!

Except that Kaladin Kelsier has more practice at dying than Moraine does. We know that Kelsier would die for the greater good, that he would die to make sure that later on, things would still work out. I bet that Brandon would draw on this,so I'd probably have to vote for Moraine. But we'll see how the write-up goes.

EDIT- Curse you Feather Writer, and your fangirliness!!

Mistborn 1 spoilers!

Except that Kaladin has more practice at dying than Moraine does. We know that Kelsier would die for the greater good, that he would die to make sure that later on, things would still work out. I bet that Brandon would draw on this,so I'd probably have to vote for Moraine. But we'll see how the write-up goes.

Zas, did you mean to say Kaladin there? Because, while I'm sure running bridges does prepare you for death, I don't think that's what you meant. ;)

My evil plan to infect the posts of others with my fangirlness is slowly coming to fruition...