What Kind of Phone Do You Have?

Chaos

I actually don't like phones. They make me paranoid, and I can barely communicate to people when face to face, let alone over the phone.

That aside, the phone I do have isn't all that special, it has unlimited texting, a calculator, and only two uses left of pac-man demo on it.

I don't really see the need for a fancy app phone since other pieces of technology I have do the same things.

I hate phones, too.  I hate them so much that after reading an article about telephone phobia I pretty much decided that if I didn't have an actual fear, I at least had the milder version (apprehension).  I will make calls if I absolutely have to, but I'll exhaust every other form of communication first and will likely even then put off calling someone back.  Sometimes it will be weeks. 

Anyway, the sole reason I have a smart phone (iPhone 4s) is because I can use it for everything else besides phone calls.  I love email, and I use it for listening to audiobooks every day during my commute.  The maps feature (now that it works again) has gotten me out of a few trouble driving spots  thanks to impromptu accidents requiring detours.  I also have some puzzle games on there I really like that help me chill for a few minutes during lunch or while I'm waiting for dinner to finish cooking in the evening.  Neither my husband nor I have any kind of tablet, so our iPhones are the fill in for any app we might want to use.  It's also really handy if you want to look up something real quick (like cooking times for a George Forman grill) while the regular computer is off and also upstairs and not very convenient.

I keep my iPod separate because I have way too much music.  So much music that only a fraction of what is on my computer at home can actually fit on it, so I often have to switch out things as my mood changes.

• 2 months later...

When I travel I use the dumbest phone on the planet: a Nokia 1202. What a beauty! I bought that thing for $20 in Cambodia back in 2010. So far it's worked in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Best part about it: the game Snake.

nokia-1202.jpg

At home I use an iPhone 5s. It's okay, but I do like the camera on it. Also, it is nice to be able to read the 17th Shard on it while I'm walking the dog. 

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread doesn't get much action, but you all must be dying to know about the new iphone6, right?   :ph34r:   Does it bend? (Briar King and Hood, this one's for you.)  Well, mine isn't bending at least, and neither is my husbands.  We took advantage of the trade-in-and-get-a-giftcard deal because we were in serious need of upgrades anyway.  Just in case the phones even thought about bending, we got clear TechArmor cases that aren't going to give into a bending impulse anytime soon.  Plus, the girl at the store said if they bend you'd be entitled to a replacement.  I only set mine up last night, but from my brief experience using it then and this morning, it's a really fast phone.  And I'm loving the thumbprint unlock thing.  Also, another cool thing it does is if you double-tap the button, not only does it show you what things you have open but it also has a running group of contacts at the top (in little circles) that are for people you contact most often.  I haven't called someone that way yet, so I'm not sure if it just calls them when you tap or if you get a list of options.  I'm going to guess you get list of options (call, text, email).  If anyone has any other questions, do let me know.

Good to hear! I still haven't managed to find an ATT store locally that has any in stock. They say mid Nov is when it will start chilling out. I haven't ordered one cause I'm paying cash for it not with a CC so it's taking longer.

I asked the rep about the bending issue and she said it was like 9 phone out of the 100,000's that were sold and the issue was blown up out of proportion. But that's how she makes her $ so she could've been BSing me to try to get me order one for her commission....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got the 6 Plus. It's MASSIVE! Esp going from the 4S to this. Wow.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I really don't like how big the six or the six plus is. I thought that the five was big, but I just thought the six was getting too big. 

It really is just loads bigger. It was even kinda awkward for the 1st 3 days but I'm loving it. Web surfing, YouTube, and Netflix are great on this thing! I just wish I had the patience to have waited for the 64g instead of this 16. That 16 just doesn't last long like it did 2 yrs ago. I already only have 9.5 free.

Oh and fyi on the bending issue it was my friend who sold it to me and he was straight up that it would indeed bend in a tight pocket and you bent over on it enough. So that tells me what I thought when that other girl told me about it only being 9 phones was indeed just trying to skirt the issue and sell me one. It's nice to have friends in those times.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Nexus 6 now and I quite like it and Android Lollipop

Lollipop is awesome. I'm quite a fan. And assuming the 6 is about the same size as the 5, I might get it when I upgrade. Assuming they don't have a newer model out. I'm liking these Google phones a lot. (Oh, and did I ever thank you for helping me out with that? Because I am grateful. This phone is awesome)