Hear ye, hear ye!

Eerongal

Discreet Room Striax

Wow, he's just asking to be robbed then killed I think as I look at Seynir. "I have 9 gold pieces, I find it useful if I ever need something, to keep some money on me" I say. "I willing to accept their offer, are you guys ready? We should get out the money before they get in so they don't think we have enough mony to be robbed and killed."

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discreet Room Seynir

"You are right."

I fish out 1gp from my spell pouch and put it on the table.

"Here, for me and Umieri."

[OOC] Really, is 40gp that much? A measly dagger (silver) costs 22gp. But what do I know?[/OOC]

Edited by Satsuoni

Discreet Shop Striax

I placed 1 gp on the table by the other gold piece, then walked over and knock on the wall twice.

But the dagger is silver, that's why it is expensive. I'm pretty sure 40gp is a lot.

Edited by Tulir

Discreet Room Seynir

"Hope they have change"

And if they try to rob or cheat me, I shall attempt to remove their reproductive organs and force them in their lungs. Sure hope it won't come to that - that is one messy procedure.

[OOC] Striax, just wondering, how do you keep track of your money and whatnot? I edit my Character Sheet each time I pay.[/OOC]

Discreet Room Seynir, Striax, & Umieri

After knocking on the wall a moment later the stone wall slides open slowly. Jaxs ducks into the room and moves to a corner, standing with his arms crossed over his chest. After Jaxs takes his position, Murl ducks in an smiles a greasy smile at you.

"Reached a decision then, have we?"

Taking note of the gold piece lying on the table, he continues, "I trust you've found our offer to your liking? Of course, the agreed upon 6 SP per head will be paid in advance."

With that, he begins to move towards the table, obviously intent on the gold pieces.

Discreet Room Seynir

So, trying to cheat a bit, are we? Well, well. Let us try peaceful resolution first

"I believe that the price we mentioned was 5 sp, and have considered accordingly" I smile sweetly. "But I see you have with you some spell components I have a certain dearth of. I would gladly pay additional price for myself and my companions if you are willing to provide me with several of these right now"

I reach into my spell pouch and get a desiccated, but obviously human hand with two fingers missing.

"We also wanted to ask you about other services your organization can provide, for a proper fee, of course. In particular, we wanted to know if you can provide us a quiet egress from the city, and if some of your members are interested in mercenary work"

Discreet Room Umieri

Well, thanks for paying for me.

Umieri nods, but moves into position near Seynir, looking every inch a bodyguard.

Yes, 40 is a lot. Take a look at my character's inventory for things that you would need specifically a ten foot pole, rope, chalk, bells, and extra light sources; you do not need a healer's kit. I refer you to the bottom of this page for why that is a lot of money. http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0023.html

Edited by Emeralis00

Grimacing at the hand you produce from your spell pouch, Murl spreads his hands apologetically and says, "Can't blame a fella for tryin'!"

With that, he walks over to the table and scoops up the two gold pieces. Deftly, he reaches into a pouch at his waist, and drops down 5 silver marks.

Afterwards he turns back and continues, "Now, we could certainly arrange for "passage" out of the city, but we'll want to wait for the heat to die down, obviously. As for a hired hand, we always have people looking for work. What sort of 'projects' do you need this person to be able to carry out?"

Also, for a level 1 character, 40 GP is quite a bit. For example, normally a monk starts with 12 GP (though they get the least gold in the first place). To the common man, 40 GP is a fortune. However, once you've got a few levels under your belt, 40 GP will be nothing

Discreet Room Seynir

"This is true." [OOC]The thief gets sucked into Shadesmar to die there without Stormlight. I love this quote[/OOC]

I replace the hand in the pouch.

"We need someone proficient in in disarming traps and opening locks, and willing to go for long odds. We may also need some equipment before we leave, at market prices if possible."

"Traps, eh?" Murl asks, "Tell me, you don't plan on going to that dungeon do ya?"

Moving towards the entrance, Murl continues, "If you are, I know the man they're likely gonna send for ya. Not because he's exceptionally skilled or anything, but don't get me wrong, he knows his stuff, more so because....they would be more than happy to send him to a place he might not come back from, if you know what i mean."

Motioning for the Burly man to follow him, he prepares to open the door.

"As for equipment, we can supply you with pretty much the usual sort of gear your sort uses, no problem. Simply put together a list of what ya want, and I'll get it for ya, but if you don't mind, I need to head out to prepare for the rest of your requests. I'll send along a man shortly to find out what equipment you require."

Ducking out the door, he pops his head back in and says with a grin, "Until then, make yourselves at home"

Discreet RoomSeynir, Striax, & Umieri

The hours pass relatively uneventful. At one point, Murl returns to take whatever equipment orders you have and to let you know that your passage out of the city has been arranged. Shortly after, he returns with your equipment (feel free to order whatever you can afford).

He also informs you that he has arranged a contract for someone named Turjan to join you on your journey. He will arrive later this evening. When he does, he will knock three times, wait, and knock two times.

Early in the morning, your passage out of the city will be waiting. Shortly after dawn, at the end of the alley, there will be a covered wagon parked there. The driver will be waiting on the seat in the front. Once you are all in the wagon and ready, simply knock on the front panel twice. If anything changes in the plan, Murl himself will come deliver any news of it.

Hours later, fairly late into the evening, your hear a knock following the pattern that is for your contracted man.

[Equipment considerations]I think I'll take one 10 foot pole (2 sp, 8 lb), 100 chalks (1gp), 1 flint steel (1 gp), sewing needle (5sp) and thread (free?), 3 vials (3gp, 0.3 lb), lamp (1 sp, 1 lb), 2 pint of oil (2sp,2 lb) , salt (2cp, 1/8 lb), ginger (5 gp, 1/32 lb) (pepper is too expensive), basil (1sp, 1/16 lb), raisins (1gp, 1 lb) (12 gp 1sp 2cp, 12 7/32 lb) Thoughts? Additions? ( I can carry about 3 lb more easily) [/EC]

Discreet RoomSeynir, Striax, & Umieri

The door slides open, and into the chamber steps a man. At his waist swings a fairly heavy warhammer next to a spell component pouch, and he is fitted in studded leather. At his neck swings a large number of necklaces, you recognize a handful as apparent holy symbols to common deities, though the vast majority are unrecognizable. As he steps in, he closes and pockets a book he seems to have been thumbing through.

Looking at Stirax, he notices the bow pointed at him, and with a look of slight surprise he says "Whoa, friend, no need for this to get ugly. I'm here for a job, on contract. My name is Turjan."

Glancing at Seynir, he brightens noticeably. He points your spell component pouch and say, "Ah, you must be the party spellcaster. I certainly forward to a few conversations with you! I have a number of questions you can hopefully help me out with over time!"

And finally, his eyes rest on Umieri. He drinks in the sight of your dragonmark and pauses noticeably on your holy symbol and says, "And you, my friend, must be the cleric? I must say, I don't recognize that holy symbol you carry"

He rifles through the symbols swinging about his neck and finishes, "Yup, that's certainly one I've never seen. Tell me, who do you worship, and by chance do you happen to have a spare symbol I might buy from you? Also, if it's not too much to ask, would you be able to teach me a thing or two about your faith? Also, what is that odd tattoo you have?"

Discreet room Seynir

"I don't mind answering questions, but how about you answer some first? First off, what are your skills? Second, why such interest in all things magical? I am Seynir, if you didn't know"

Discreet Room Umieri

Oh! All those holy symbols!

Umieri smiles in response to his questions. "My symbol is that of many gods, The Sovereign Host, and I unfortunately only carry this one. Given a few hours I can fashion a new one out of some wood. As for my tattoo, it is only a clan marking of my rank. As for the rest of the questions, well, they require a more in-depth conversation."

Discreet Room Striax

"Just being careful," I say as I lower the bow. "It is always good to be cautious." Is he some sort of fighter, cleric, wizard, or a combination of all three? I wonder.

Edited by Tulir

Discreet room Seynir

"I don't mind answering questions, but how about you answer some first? First off, what are your skills? Second, why such interest in all things magical? I am Seynir, if you didn't know"

At the acceptance to answering questions, the brightens noticeably, "Excellent! I always have plenty of questions and not enough answers. As for my skill set, I try to keep myself as varied as possible, so for my skills I can do a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. So a jack of all trades, you might call me. Though, the guild mentioned that you were in need of a trapper, which I can certainly handle for you. In fact, I believe that's the only reason they work with me, they don't seem to like me otherwise."

Frowning, he considers for a moment, "Probably, I think, it's because I generally disapprove of their usual activities, such as the petty thievery and assassination contracts. I generally refuse those, but something like this is very much so down my alley."

He brightens once again, "In fact, I'm quite looking forward to it, and the company of all of you!"

Discreet Room Umieri

Oh! All those holy symbols!

Umieri smiles in response to his questions. "My symbol is that of many gods, The Sovereign Host, and I unfortunately only carry this one. Given a few hours I can fashion a new one out of some wood. As for my tattoo, it is only a clan marking of my rank. As for the rest of the questions, well, they require a more in-depth conversation."

Looking at your holy symbol, he inquires, "Would you mind if I were to examine it for the evening? I'm sure I could fashion myself a crude version of it, most of these around my neck were done so."

Gesturing around his neck, he continues, "I collect them, in case you couldn't tell. I also try to learn as much as I can about each of their varying religions as possible. When I get the chance, I also offer up whatever prayers I can to as many of the gods as possible. Obviously I'm not as devoted as a priest of any of these religions, but I figure that all of the gods deserve at least some notice from me. And besides, I never know this god or that goddess might take sympathy in my plight and decide to give me a little help, so i try to stay on all of their good sides."

Discreet Room Striax

"Just being careful," I say as I lower the bow. "It is always good to be cautious." Is he some sort of fighter, cleric, wizard, or a combination of all three? I wonder.

"Very understandable, my friend, one can never have too much caution. I hadn't inquired about the details of your tales when I took the job, but I do understand that you are seeking a covert method to leave the city, so folks in your positions understandably need to be careful." He takes off his backpack and pulls out his bed roll, laying it on the floor. "However, we have a few hours until sunlight remaining, we should probably get some rest before then." He pauses and thinks momentarily, "Also, I don't believe I caught either of your names, good sir cleric, and friendly archer." Your new, eccentric party member waits a response with a friendly smile upon his face.

Discreet Room Seynir

"That is good, although I would prefer a little more details about your skill set. For example, can you cook? And if you do, do you know how to get that foul aftertaste out of the orc meat? Also, can you cast spells, or is your interest purely theoretical? What manner of weapons do you cary? Can you sneak? Can you lie? What questions do you want answered, so I could prepare?"

[OOC]I am going to fix my acquisitions, then.[/OOC]

Discreet Room Seynir

"That is good, although I would prefer a little more details about your skill set. For example, can you cook? And if you do, do you know how to get that foul aftertaste out of the orc meat? Also, can you cast spells, or is your interest purely theoretical? What manner of weapons do you cary? Can you sneak? Can you lie? What questions do you want answered, so I could prepare?"

[OOC]I am going to fix my acquisitions, then.[/OOC]

Discreet Room Seynir

"Well, I can certainly do a bit of cooking. An adventurer must know how to keep himself fed, afterall, though I can't say I've ever had occasion to eat orc meat....I couldn't imagine it would be terribly appetizing, so perhaps that may be for the better. I'm not the best at sneaking, but I'm known to get by unseen when its really needed. I also prefer not to lie, but I've been known to spin a good yarn when its needed. I'm generally fairly adaptable, and can usually pull out what's needed for the situation. Overall, I consider myself a pursuer of knowledge of any subject I can get into."

He gestures to the warhammer at his belt, "For weapons, I usually carry my warhammer, which I've tied to my belt with my sling"

Pulling out his spell component pouch and a small notebook, he continues, "Well, I can't cast spells, per se, but I do carry the components for them, and I have my own spellbook, of sorts."

Opening his notebook, he shows you a page written in a jumbled mess of notes, written in short hand with plenty of crude diagrams, "This is my personal notebook, where i've written down quirks and things that I've noticed when a spellcaster casts a spell. I've tried to mimic some of these things myself, but so far I haven't gotten it to work. The spell usually just fizzles. It consumes the components fine, but the magical energies usually just go wild, and not at all what I had expected."

In the notebook, you notice that he has sketched out what appears to be a few hand gestures, usually accompanied by a short phrase or two, but the overall the whole thing has an air of hastily scrawled notes that would take some time to decipher.

"As for questions, right now I have no real specific ones, but every mage I've talked to seems to have different theories on magics and interactions with the world at large, so I would love to hear your take on anything to the general application of magic in the world. However, I'm sure I will have plenty of questions after I see you cast a few spells about the specifics of them. Everything I've learned about magic, I've learned from observing those who manipulate it. It's fascinating, really."