Eerongal

Hear ye, hear ye!

148 posts in this topic

Abandoned Shop Seynir

I watch as the cleric runs to to door and then performs a spectacular dive out of our line of attack, and... Nothing in particular happens. The alleyway seems to be as empty as it looked from the window, with the exception of a few rats and a cat, which promptly disappear into the shadows. I wait for a few seconds to see if something comes to investigate the sound of a crash, then head outside, passing Umieri and looking around.

"Seems clear to me"

Umieri, do you dive inside or outside? I am not sure. Ah, ok, modified my post accordingly

Edited by Satsuoni
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop Umieri

Why me...

Umieri runs up, kicks open the door, then dives out of the way.

Don't get shot. Don't get shot. Don't get shot,

Abandoned Shop Umieri

A dark voice within your head speaks.

"Turn yourself in. This entire affair is of your party's fault, so the right thing to do is turn in the one you now protect..."

(Since we aren't rolling in this topic, you can decide if you're going to "fail" or "succeed" on the will save for the voices thing, and go with whatever actions you decide.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop Umieri

NO!

The voice was so insistent that Umieri barely restrained himself; he had to bite down on his hand to prevent himself from calling out,and even then a panicked chuckle escapes.

Shaking his head, the darkness clears.

That was too close. They mustn't find out.

Umieri stands up, and looks out the door, checking up and down the alleyway.

"It's clear." Umieri said in a raspy voice.

(I'll move this later into another post when Tulir posts.

Umieri dived back into the shop in s sort of back tumble. It normally would have required a tumble check to do)

(I was wondering if you were going to do that in this thread.

I couldn't decide so I rolled. 15 was the minimum required to succeed. Hence, the almost blowing cover.)

Edited by Emeralis00
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop -Alleyway Seynir

OK, something was wrong with the cleric right now. His tone changed in mid-sentence, and he looked like he was struggling against something. I wonder if I should ask him about it... But he may not want to answer, and I dislike secrets. I'll let it pass for now.

"Well, let us head to the exit opposite from the tavern's entrance, then.", I say, turning in that direction.

I have rolled too :) I have tried to Spot with DC 15, and succeeded:

Roll

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop -Alleyway Seynir, Umieri, & Striax

From down at the end of the alleyway towards the front of the Inn, you hear shouting as the guards realize that you are no longer in the Inn. You can barely hear shouts of things like "find them!" and guards loudly questioning witnesses before an uproar of noise fills the alleyway as the general public that had amassed gets whipped into a frenzy when they realize that a supposed murderer (or murderers) is on the loose. Luckily, you're pretty sure that because of the chaos, the reports are likely to be confused and jumbled, so if you can get well away and avoid suspicion for a bit, you should hopefully be able to get away scott free, so long as you get out of here soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alleyway Umieri

"We should be safe enough for now. I suggest we escape this city while we can. It won't take long for them to realize the back door is blocked; we should be long gone from here by then."

Umieri folds his hands together and smiles.

"Still, not a bad way to start an expedition."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop -Alleyway Seynir

The guards in this town appear to be deaf, blind AND stupid. Also, with no sense of smell. I still can't get the smell of that blood out of my nostrils, and I just smelled sewers. Still, cleric speaks sense.

"Could be better, but you are right. Let's get out of here." I carefully walk to the alleyway's mouth and look outside.

"Luckily for us, the commotion seems to have drawn most people from this street, for now."

"Also, if we are going into the dungeon, does anyone have any experience with traps? I must confess, my knowledge is minimal."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop -Alleyway Umieri

"Unfortunately no. We always had specialists for that and so it wasn't necessary for me to learn."

Kinda wish I did now.

"Striax?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop -Alleyway Striax

"I usually can spot them, so I try to avoid them, but I cannot deal with traps" I say as I enter the alleyway. "Normally, in the wild, you don't come across many traps. Looks like we'll need someone who can, because I really want to find out more about the so called, 'drunk'."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop -Alleyway Striax, Umieri, & Seynir

As the three of you begin to move down the alleyway to make your escape, you hear the scrape to right of stone-on-stone. As you glance over, you notice a barely visible slit in the wall, with an eye peeking out at you.

You hear a hushed voice call out "Psst! Hey! Over here! Hurry!"

The eye then moves away from the slit as the small gap begins to grow quickly wider, opening up into a small doorway. The portal itself is a head or so too small, and you will have to duck down to enter it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop -Alleyway Seynir

Ok, that is suspicious.

"So, what should we do? We have several options: investigate the hole that looks like it leads into a thirds hideout, ignore the hole and try to lose ourselves in the city, try to widen the hole somehow. If we do go inside, I suggest neutralizing anything that even looks hostile, though. The place does not look trustworthy"

I am on edge, am I not. Need to calm down

I mutter a short mantra in Draconic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned Shop -Alleyway Striax

"Who are you?" I ask as I look down the alley. I keep an arrow notched just in case this was a trap.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alleyway Umieri

Speak of the Traveler and he will appear.

"I was about to suggest we find out if there is a local thieves guild or not. We have little choice but to enter. The odds of finding our way out of the city undetected are rather low."

Umieri enters the doorway, alert for any potential ambushes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alleyway Seynir

Sigh

I concentrate on the world surrounding me, breathing deeply for a moment, discerning patterns that it is comprised of, and feel my pupils dilate slightly as my perception changes slightly.

More likely to react to unpleasant surprises this way. I certainly hope that if such are forthcoming, they would be forthcoming quickly. I cannot hold this state for long

I follow Umieri.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alleyway Striax

[i[Why did Umieri enter the building?! He didn't even wait to hear who that was![/i] I think as a slowly follow

Seynir.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Umieri, Striax, & Seynir

Ducking down and moving quickly inside, you stand inside of a room relatively small of size. It's approximately big enough to fit about 4-5 horses abreast , and the ceiling comes in just barely above your heads. The room itself is wholly unremarkable, made of the same worked stone as the rest of the building. The only apparently entrance is the one you just came in through. There are two small footstools and a flat, plain table laid out in the room. On the table, you see a few copper pieces and a deck of cards

Inside the small room are two others, one a thin, weaselly-looking man, and the other a hardened, burly street tough. The burly man sits on a footstool near the table with a thick cudgel across his lap, while the thin man stands to the side of the opening, and as soon as you all enter, pushes shut the stone block behind you.

The thin man steps forward, begins rubbing his hands together, and speaks, "I hope you won't mind if I get down to business quickly on this, since you're being chased. My name is Murl, and my associate here is Jaxs. We're employed by an organization of less than sterling repute, if you catch my drift. I saw most of what happened in the bar, and I can't vouch for your guilt or innocence, but is also not my place to judge. All I know is that I can offer the services of our organization if you would like a secure location to hide until the heat dies down."

Licking his lips, the Murl continues, "Of course, these services don't come free, mind you. But neither will you find them overbearing. I think you will agree, for a service such as I am putting at your disposal here, that 5 SP a head will be reasonable, would you not? Of course, if you wish to decline, I will open this panel and you will be free to leave, but the odds of evading capture are much more in your favor should you remain here."

With that, he gestures towards the interior of the small room, and turns to look over the party awaiting an answer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Striax

Well, looks like we've discovered the Theives Guild here, or something similar. But his offer is tempting I think. "You wouldn't mind if my friends and I talked about it first, would you? Preferably somewhere private, if that is okay with you?" I ask.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Umieri, Striax, & Seynir

Looking at his associate, Murl nods and Jaxs stands up. Quickly, Murl pulls open the entry way, and he and Jaxs make their way out.

"When you have completed your discussion, simply knock on the wall twice."

With that, he pulls the stone block closed. The three of you are now alone in the small room.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Striax

As soon as they exit, I search the room for any peepholes that could be used to spy on us. While doing this, I lower my bow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Striax

As soon as they exit, I search the room for any peepholes that could be used to spy on us. While doing this, I lower my bow.

Discreet Room Striax

Searching the room quickly reveals the room to be almost air-tight. In fact, the door itself fits so securely into its panel, it's almost completely unnoticeable even under careful scrutiny. The walls seem thick all around, at least a foot of stone in most places by your best estimation. The room appears not only completely secure, but you're relatively sure that if someone were to spend an extended period of time in here (based on the size, probably days to a week or two) there's a good chance they might even begin to suffocate.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Seynir

I address Umieri: "Well, your wish seems to have come true. It looks like the thieves guild has found us. Why did you want to contact them anyways? To see if they have a trap specialist willing to go with us?"

"Also, their price does not seem to be unreasonable, if their offer is true, although we may need a way out of town rather than a place to hide. I doubt that the town guard will follow us into the dungeon."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Umieri

"Because if I establish a working relationship with the thieves guild, then, provided I manage to make it back to my home plane and develop some sort of constant two way access, I can hand over the relationship to my house, thereby rising in standing. The end result being that I end up in a position of power, possibly as head of my own branch of the house."

Umieri looks around.

"As for the rate, I agree to pay it, but that we should find some way out of this city."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Seynir

"I agree. Just to be aware of our options, I say we also ask them about their mercenary services, although I expect that is going to cost us. On that note, I think we should be aware about our funds situation. I have about 40gp left, what about you two?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Umieri

Why does he carry that much!?

Umieri stares at Seynir.

"Uhhhh, I have like, seven silver. Why do you carry that much money."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discreet Room Seynir

"Well, I brought some money to get equipment in the city, and haven't spent all of it yet, obviously. Also, I've got most of what I need, although, seeing as I lack knowledge of dungeoneering additional suggestions are welcome. Second, what do you mean, it is much? Have you seen the prices around here? I can't even afford a simple medical kit (50gp). On that note, though, I think you may need to preserve your funds somewhat, and seeing as this predicament is partly my fault, I offer that I'll pay for you in this matter, at least."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.