Hear ye, hear ye!

Eerongal

Starry Dragon Seynir

I turn my attention to the scroll, attempting to check it for magic traps.

Starry Dragon Seynir

The scroll appears to have no discernible magic that you can find on it. Unrolling the scroll and giving it a quick glance over shows it to be a series of badly sketched tunnels and halls, with a few hastily scrawled annotations here and there. There's also a map of the local region, but oddly it puts the location of the entrance to the cave in a significantly different place than all other maps you've seen on the subject. You feel pretty safe in assuming it's forgery, and the location on the map may have even been a trap setup by some brigands in league with that...creature.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starry Dragon Striax

Sound logic, I think as I see that the blood is acidic. Waiting for the redheads answer, I examine the room to see if anyone else looks like the attacker.

To Erongal: I believe with Knowledge dungeoneeing I could theoretically identify other dangers like him

Starry Dragon Striax

Sound logic, I think as I see that the blood is acidic. Waiting for the redheads answer, I examine the room to see if anyone else looks like the attacker.

To Erongal: I believe with Knowledge dungeoneeing I could theoretically identify other dangers like him

Starry Dragon Striax

Glancing about the room, you don't notice anyone outwardly suspicious, though people are certainly giving your table some space. You feel confident that you would be able to identify another of these things, if you saw one, but you see no immediately apparent signs of one.

Based off of your experiences and knowledge, you have a pretty good suspicion that the man was corrupted. Great evils can twist someone to such an abomination.

(yeah, knowledge dungeoneering is needed for identifying aberrations. The roll is general 10+HD of the creature, which in this case was 1, so the roll needed would be 11. But, since we aren't worrying about rolling in this topic, we can just assume you recognize what he was)

Starry Dragon Umieri

(Assume that Umieri acted defensively and backed away)

"It doesn't matter if he attacked first. You killed him after he was down and mob mentality will ensure that we get painted as the provoker. Congratulations, you just hired me as a bodyguard, now I suggest that we get out of here now. The average response time for a city this size is about forty-five seconds. We just wasted about half that. Suggested exit is the back wall of the storeroom in back. The wood is rotted and will give way easily."

Starry Dragon Striax

Well, he certainly knows how to command, I think as I watch the door and move my bow slightly to allow for me to grab it quicker. "Ready when you are" I say to the wizard.

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Umieri

Well, I expected more arguing, but okay.

"This way." Umieri heads through the door into the back store rooms. Casks of alcohol line the walls and there is a small layer of dust on the floor. Umieri grabs a nearby cask.

"Ranger-san if you could attempt to hear if there is anyone beyond that back wall, I would appreciate it."

Umieri lifts a cask, and moves to bar the door.

"Now is a good time as any to make introductions. My name is Umieri Bast D'Deneith of House Deneith. please call me Umieri D'Deneith."

(@Eerongal If I begin assuming to much control, let me know)

Edited by Emeralis00

Starry Dragon Seynir

I follow the cleric, pausing only to give 5 sp to the barkeep.

This should pay for the damages to the floor and corpse removal, and may make him less inclined to set the guard on our tail.

After the door is barred, I (re) introduce myself.

"I am Seynir, the wizard. That is my only name."

(@Eerongal If I begin assuming to much control, let me know)

(it's cool. For this thread, assume control of any NPCs or specifics of the locations all you want. When you get in the dungeon, though, i will retain full control of the NPCs and the locations, though.)

Starry Dragon Seynir

I could tell.. but his origins are his to divulge, I guess. I'll resist for now.

"You know, Striax, the same question may be applied to you. Given your certain ignorance concerning local customs, I don't think you are from around here. I am not sure if you are even from this plane, although I cannot be certain. This place seems to be a conflux of extraplanar activity, no doubt because of the dungeon messing up natural plane alignment."

Starry Dragon Striax

Wow, that was technical. The wizard will eventually find out anyway so might as well tell them. "You are correct, Seynir. I am not from here. I am from a plane called Faerûn. I came through a portal to explore this world and report back to the Chosen of Nendawen, Hweilan, but an earthquake buriied the portal on the other side as I came through. I have been exploring this plane for Nendawen and also so I might be able to get back to my home plane."

Starry Dragon Seynir

"Great. The way things are going I would not be surprised if there are more people from your home planes around here. Now, before the barkeep turns out to be a lich king in disguise (yes, they can disguise themselves as human quite easily, although I have never before heard about one posing as a barkeep),how do we get out of here? Breaking through the wall is bound to attract attention of the every last passerby, so I hope one of you has other method of egress in mind, or at least a way to deflect attention from the hole for a while. Unfortunately, I have no spells prepared that may aid us."

Edited by Satsuoni

Starry Dragon Umieri

"The wall is shared with a shop that was closed when the sewer collapsed in its basement. It provides us with four exits: front door, back door, roof, and sewers. The shop is one of the reasons that I chose the Starry Dragon. My plane is Eberron. I am a low ranked member of House Deneith, a mercantile house specializing in bodyguard contracts and protection services." Umieri spoke in a low voice to make it easier for the ranger.

Now that I think about it, my situation could provide plenty of business, and give me much favor with the main branch. If I do this right, I could rise in house rank.

Starry Dragon Striax

Another person from a different plane. I wonder how many of them there are here? I wonder as I keep my ears open and straining to here if there is anything beyond the wall or nearby.

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Umieri

"Alright." Umieri pushes against the wall, it gives way pieces flying across the room of the shop.

The room Umieri stumbles in, almost slipping on the congealed slime. A foul smell arises from the basement door, which stands ajar.

"I'd prefer if I didn't make all the decisions so which way do you guys think we should go. I haven't scouted the sewers, so I don't even know if we can escape that way., but the other ways could lead to more exposure."

Abandoned Shop Seynir

"Well, I, for one, do not fancy going through more of malodorous substances. Also when we finally do get out, it will be very obvious where we were. I say we go out through back door."

I examine the slime, find a patch of what seems most diluted, at least in respect to smell, and moisten my hair with it, dulling the color. Then I pull my cowl up, and peek between the boards covering the nailed window near the back door.

"It seems like an empty alleyway from here. Maybe we can avoid attracting attention that way. By the way, Umieri, you may want to consider covering your mark. It is quite distinctive."

Abandoned Shop Seynir

"Sure, if I had it prepared. Which I don't . By the way, i can only cast 4 spells for the rest of today. I can distract someone with a summoned skeleton for about 5 seconds, daze someone for about the same time, and conjure about half-flask of acid. But that is about it before I rest. "

Starry Dragon Striax

I pull out my longbow then nock an arrow, and then walk so I am facing the door. "When you are ready, open the door. I will go out first to shoot anything that attacks" I say as I pull back the bow.

Edited by Tulir

Abandoned Shop Seynir

I position myself so not to spoil the ranger's aim, and look questioningly at Umieri.

"I need some space between potential attacker and myself to cast spells. So... Ready whenever you are."