Hear ye, hear ye!

Eerongal

Starry Dragon Seynir

I debate putting him to sleep and checking out his belongings, maybe slitting his throat for his lies, but the general untidiness and the stench convince me otherwise.

Bah. Not worth the waste of a spell. He looks ready to bolt, anyways. Let him be content with a free drink, and let us hope the drink was drugged. That would prove... amusing.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starry Dragon Striax

I walk into the final inn that I was going to check for this creature I had been hearing about. His description sounded like that of an aberration, which I hunt above all other creatures. As I enter the tavern, I notice him immediately. He's sitting with a human and another human glaring at them.

I walk over to their table, then speak to the possible aberration. "Hey, can you give me a couple of reasons why I shouldn't put a few arrows into you, aberration?"

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Striax

I walk into the final inn that I was going to check for this creature I had been hearing about. His description sounded like that of an aberration, which I hunt above all other creatures. As I enter the tavern, I notice him immediately. He's sitting with a human and another human glaring at them.

I walk over to their table, then speak to the possible aberration. "Hey, can you give me a couple of reasons why I shouldn't put a few arrows into you, aberration?"

Starry Dragon Striax

Noticing a man coming up and talking to his friend, the drunken-looking man sitting with the other two narrows his eyes and looks directly at you.

"I think," he begins and pauses to lick his lips, "That you have the wrong person, friend."

Lifting his mug as if to take a drink, he continues

"What I think you should do, is turn right around, and leave this bar right now. Or else."

Starry Dragon Striax

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to him," I say as I gesture to the person with red hair. No that I've seen him, he looks pretty normal. "But what would happen if I don't? I don't think you look very threatening" I say to the one that took offense with me.

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Seynir

This is getting more interesting by the minute.

"This one is not an aberration. Not from around here, sure, but not an aberration."

I refrain from mentioning his outworlder nature. Some elves are known to be xenophobic. Although I kind of wish the cleric told me his name.

Also, I am intrigued by the drunks reaction. It is like he took the remark personally. I take a closer look.

Edited by Satsuoni

Starry Dragon Seynir

Also, I am intrigued by the drunks reaction. It is like he took the remark personally. I take a closer look.

Starry Dragon Seynir

Upon closer inspection, you notice a....dangerous gleam in the man's eye. Thinking about it momentarily, you realize that his stench, while primarily of booze, also reeks of something else, something you can't quite pinpoint. It's almost as if the smell of alcohol is covering up something....more foreboding. Getting a good look at his face, you also realize that while you had noticed this whole time that he was rather ugly, coupled with the new demeanor he took on, it seems the awkward curves and cuts to his face come of as something slightly more 'foul' than simply being uncomely

Starry Dragon Striax

"Thank you" I say to the man that confirmed the redhaired man wasn't an aberration. "I apologize to you, sir, the people I talked to exaggerated your appearance. Just curious, but where are you from?" I ask the red-head. "And may I ask why both of you are in the company of this drunk creature?" I say as I point to the drunk. "He seemed to become mad at me when I mention aberrations. Do you have any idea why?"

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Umieri

Aberration!? Aberration!? Did he just call me a filthy aberration!?

Umieri turns to the drunk, his voice is thunderous, "You! How dare you insult my religion, as if it was some common pawnshop where I could make a quick gold. I seriously doubt you could afford the price tag of even a lowly minor cure. I only considered buying your likely fake map out of charity. Our business here is ended. Good day to you sir!"

Umieri turns his attention to the newcomer, "On what basis do you call me an aberration. Rumors? My appearance? Surely you know better than to judge someone based off of their looks, and I would think even a ranger to not listen to whatever rumors may be circulating about. After all, I heard that there was a Lich Lord in town. I seriously doubt there is one, being that they are kinda obvious, what with the dead skin and body parts and all!"

Umieri looks to the wizard his voice suddenly calm, "Thank you for coming to my defense friend."

(I got ninja'ed, it should still fit though.)

Edited by Emeralis00

Starry Dragon Striax

"Sorry!" I exclaim after the man's outburst. "I thought that around here their might be lots of aberrations, and where I come from, your coloring is highly unusual."

Edit: I didn't see the post by Umieri so I changed my post.

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Seynir

I blink at the cleric.

"Truth is truth. No thanks necessary. Although, maybe you could tell me your name in exchange. You never mentioned it."

I turn to the elf, while keeping an eye on the drunk.

"I don't know where you come from, but around here red is more common than the bright green of my hair. Yet nobody calls me an aberration. Of course, I am a wizard, so maybe they just don't pay attention."

Starry Dragon Umieri

Umieri nods and lets out his breath. "NO, forgive me. I had let my anger consume me, I come from a place far from here. There, aberrations nearly destroyed us all and they still are a rather touchy subject. My appearance is rather weird here, so I understand."

Umieri responds to the Wizard, "Not here. Too many ears are listening to our current 'conversation'."

Umieri notices that the drunk is still there.

You know. There is something a little off about him.

Edited by Emeralis00

Starry Dragon Striax

"Sorry, I didn't know" I murmer respectfully. "Now, do you have fiendish blood or aberrant taint on you or anyone that works with you?" I say to the drunk.

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Seynir

Now, that is refreshingly direct. Bizarre, sure, but not without merit. Also, he probably does. And if he does, he will likely attack.

I finish eating and reach to my spell component pouch under the table.

Starry Dragon Umieri

Umieri notices the wizards movement then follows suit and subtly grabs his holy symbol. The six pointed shape representing the Sovereign Host. Dol Dorn protect me and watch me as I go into battle. Let not these heretics shed the blood of the innocent. The servants of the Dark Six cannot hinder me. Umieri bites his lip, drawing blood.

"Let it be done," Umieri whispers softly.

Edited by Emeralis00

Starry Dragon Striax

I notice the two other people reading for battle. Hells, was I too direct?! I get ready to pull my longbow off my back and jump on a table in case of an attack.

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Striax, Umieri, & Seynir

As the three of you chatted amongst yourselves, you didn't notice the drunk stand himself up. Turning your attentions back to him, you now notice him standing, mug in hand and head bent downward. He has a glint of pure murder in his eyes. Raising one gnarled hand, he sweeps it across the three of you and exclaims, "You three will pay for your intolerable crimes you've committed against me!"

The bar immediately goes quiet as people turn and look at what's going on.

With that, he swings the mug he was holding and splashes out the oddly musty smelling ale over the three of you. He turns towards Striax and raises the glass mug over his head as if to strike

(Note: since this particular topic is freeform, we won't worry about doing initiative and formal combat like we will once you guys actually get in the dungeon. So go ahead and feel free to roleplay this "fight" however you want it to go. That is, for this particular instance, we won't worry about dice rolls or anything)

Starry dragon Seynir

The "drunk" seems focused on the elf, but he still stand half-turned to me. I withdraw a handful of fine, abrasive volcanic sand from my spell pouch and throw it into the drunks eyes and open mouth just as he inhales, retaining a pinch and starting to cast a sleep spell targeted so to affect only drunk.

Edited by Satsuoni

Starry dragon Seynir

The "drunk" seems focused on the elf, but he still stand half-turned to me. I withdraw a handful of fine, abrasive volcanic sand from my spell pouch and throw it into the drunks eyes and open mouth just as he inhales, retaining a inch and starting to cast a sleep spell targeted so to affect only drunk.

Starry dragon Seynir

Your sand puffs into his face right as he begins to swing. Pulling his arm back at the last moment he begins to claw at his face and the beginnings of a shriek forms at his lips right as your sleep spell overtakes him. He sways momentarily fighting against the effect of the spell, but it proves too much for him. slowly, he sinks to his knees before collapsing in a heap on the floor.

The bar is deadly silent as everyone watches. A few people stand and hesitate, seemingly unsure if they should run or fight.

Starry Dragon Seynir

Right. Maybe I should try calming own the crowd. But first...

I quickly draw my dagger and slit the drunk's throat, then address the onlookers:

"Did you see how he has attacked us without provocation, after even a free drink from us? I can tell without a doubt that he was possessed by the evil from nether planes, that has likely escaped from the vile dungeon up North. But worry not, this threat has been dealt with now"

Well, maybe not possessed, but close enough. I hope that will calm them down.

I sit back down, and carefully examine the scroll the dead critter has left on the table.

Starry Dragon Striax

Wow, I think as the wizard neatly takes care of the situation. But why was he focused on me?. "I think we should get out of hear before the croud gets violent, which they might, despite what you told them" I whisper to the wizard and other man. "I personally would like to know why he seemed not to like me, so did you have to kill him?" I ask the wizard

Edited by Tulir

Starry Dragon Seynir

Right. Maybe I should try calming own the crowd. But first...

I quickly draw my dagger and slit the drunk's throat, then address the onlookers:

"Did you see how he has attacked us without provocation, after even a free drink from us? I can tell without a doubt that he was possessed by the evil from nether planes, that has likely escaped from the vile dungeon up North. But worry not, this threat has been dealt with now"

Well, maybe not possessed, but close enough. I hope that will calm them down.

I sit back down, and carefully examine the scroll the dead critter has left on the table.

Starry Dragon Seynir

From the throat of the drunk, you notice that, instead of blood, a very deep colored reddish-black ichor burbles out thickly. The liquid has an incredibly foul, tainted smell to it. Whatever this thing was, it definitely wasn't a usual human.

The crowd stares on, an air of uncertainty fills the common room. From outside, you hear the muffled cries of "A murder! Get the city guards!" and "Someone's been killed!" as the entrance way begins to fill with fresh onlookers.

Starry Dragon Seynir

To elf: "Well, as you see, it was not human, it was attacking, and it was about to wake up, which I hope I have prevented by damaging his arteries. You can never be sure about the abilities of such things, so I sought to neutralize it as soon as possible.", I explain.

"Now, I suggest we explain this attack to the guards, if they do come. In the meanwhile, I wonder what he (or it) was peddling." I glance at the body.

The smell is certainly unappetizing. Still, when the commotion dies down, I would like an opportunity to examine it and maybe collect some samples.

I turn my attention to the scroll, attempting to check it for magic traps.

Starry Dragon Striax

"Ahh, that makes sense" I say to the wizard. "I think we should get out of here. The authorities are coming and all of the people around us think you unjustly killed that man. They didn't see him attack us and I don't think your powers of logic and persuasion will convince them otherwise" I say as I look around the room for threats.

Starry Dragon Seynir

"Given that he has roared his intention to attack us for the whole tavern to hear, I somehow doubt they did not notice. Also, what about persuasive power of blackish, acidic blood that is etching a hole in the floor? Still, of you all think we should go, maybe we should. Of course, that just might make us wanted men. What do you think?" I ask cleric.