Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

On 2020-06-21 at 8:37 PM, Knight of Iron said:

Just throwing it out there, the last livestream Brandon made it clear in the screenplay Dockson and Ham are now female. Thought that was relevant to movie casting.

Good point. I think I saw someone suggesting Gina Carano for Ham. I am behind that 100%.

Dockson... dunno, he... she feels like someone who could be played by a whole bunch of actresses. I think Rebecca Fergusson maybe? Or Felicity Jones?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tari said:

I'd love Brett Dalton as the Lord Ruler! He played a character whose kinda similar to him in Agents of SHIELD. Here's a picture of him wearing a coat that makes my think of the Lord Ruler

Spacetime_Hive.jpg

Nonsense! What we clearly need is Chloe Bennet as Vin and Brett Dalton as Zane! 

But seriously, while I don't see Brett as TLR, I can definitely see him playing someone in a different series. I'd say Denth, 

Spoiler

but that might be too on the nose. ;) 

I can almost see him as Steelheart...

I don't know if this has been put out there yet, but I think the perfect person for Kelsier is Sam Claflin. One of Kelsier's prominent features that keep getting mentioned in the books is his smile. The actor with one of the most interesting smiles in the industry right now is Claflin. He definitely has the presence and charm necessary for the role, and I'm sure he could pull off the dangerous, yet smiling, survivor. Think of him in the role of William from Snow White and the Huntsman, or as Hawkins in The Nightingale, or Finnick from Hunger Games. I think he would be perfect for the role of Kelsier. 

I am going to prepare a full list of my casting, which will include full reasoning and whatnot, but I just wanted to put this one out there for now, because it is the one I feel most strongly about, and the main one that was in my mind in the many times I've read Mistborn. 

On 10/19/2020 at 1:27 AM, Use the Falchion said:

Nonsense! What we clearly need is Chloe Bennet as Vin and Brett Dalton as Zane! 

But seriously, while I don't see Brett as TLR, I can definitely see him playing someone in a different series. I'd say Denth, 

Reveal hidden contents

but that might be too on the nose. ;) 

I can almost see him as Steelheart...

Idk about Brett as Zane but now that you mention is Chloe as Vin would be pretty cool. Ofc she's too old to play 16 year old Vin but other than that I think she'd do a great job

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-10-19 at 10:01 PM, Cosmical Existence said:

I don't know if this has been put out there yet, but I think the perfect person for Kelsier is Sam Claflin. One of Kelsier's prominent features that keep getting mentioned in the books is his smile. The actor with one of the most interesting smiles in the industry right now is Claflin. He definitely has the presence and charm necessary for the role, and I'm sure he could pull off the dangerous, yet smiling, survivor. Think of him in the role of William from Snow White and the Huntsman, or as Hawkins in The Nightingale, or Finnick from Hunger Games. I think he would be perfect for the role of Kelsier. 

Agreed. I have been going back and forth between Claflin and Jake Gyllenhaal for Kelsier for a while now. Both would do great I think.

On 11/1/2020 at 8:09 AM, Toaster Retribution said:

Agreed. I have been going back and forth between Claflin and Jake Gyllenhaal for Kelsier for a while now. Both would do great I think.

I would accept Jake Gyllenhaal as Kelsier, but I don't think he has the charm to pull him off correctly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Orion_Crest said:

I personally think Kelsier could be played by Tom Hiddleston and Liam Hemsworth as Elend. What do you all think?

I'd like to see Hiddleston as Kelsier, but if a larger Cosmere cinematic universe were to exist, I'd prefer him as Hoid. But if not, I think he'd be great as Kell.

3 hours ago, BreezeCauthon said:

I'd like to see Hiddleston as Kelsier, but if a larger Cosmere cinematic universe were to exist, I'd prefer him as Hoid. But if not, I think he'd be great as Kell.

Hiddleston is definitely better as Hoid. He has that enigmatic element to himself that lets him both blend in and stand out. He’s perfect for Hoid.

But he doesn’t have that sense of overwhelming presence that Kell has. For Kelsier you need someone who will dominate the screen as soon as they step foot on it. If we’re sticking to the Marvel bunch, Chris Pratt. Star Lord’s character is honestly a lot closer to Kell’s. And Kell would totally walk in dancing to his own tune.

For Marsh I’m going to the Distinguished Competition and picking Christian Bale. I think those two could play off each other well.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Hiddleston is definitely better as Hoid. He has that enigmatic element to himself that lets him both blend in and stand out. He’s perfect for Hoid.

But he doesn’t have that sense of overwhelming presence that Kell has. For Kelsier you need someone who will dominate the screen as soon as they step foot on it. If we’re sticking to the Marvel bunch, Chris Pratt. Star Lord’s character is honestly a lot closer to Kell’s. And Kell would totally walk in dancing to his own tune.

For Marsh I’m going to the Distinguished Competition and picking Christian Bale. I think those two could play off each other well.

Chris Pratt? I dunno. I don't think he has the gravitas to pull it off. I'm fine with Bale as Marsh.

I think Tom Hardy would make a really good Breeze.

16 minutes ago, BreezeCauthon said:

Chris Pratt? I dunno. I don't think he has the gravitas to pull it off. I'm fine with Bale as Marsh.

I think Tom Hardy would make a really good Breeze.

There’s a reason I keep wishing Ford was younger... I think Pratt could do it, He’s acted in dramas and he does have gravitas when he needs to. Star Lord’s character could have been really shallow, but he gave the role depth. He earned his star on the walk of fame.

He’s also the perfect age - 41. Kell is 38 during TFE, so that works well.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

On 12/18/2020 at 4:36 PM, BreezeCauthon said:

Okay. I'm guess growing more comfortable with Pratt. But just for the sake of throwing more names out there:

Domhnall Gleeson? Matt Damon? Leonardo DiCaprio? Cillian Murphy? Eddie Redmayne?

Damon would make a better Wax. He strikes me as too serious. De Caprio I could see; Abagnale was similar character.

I haven’t seen the others in anything so can’t say.