Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

Frankly I would rather have actors who aren't very well know as it would give the movie a unique feel while a few big actors are thrown in to give the movie a little kick, like Tom Hardy as Breeze because I always imagine Breeze as a Eames, from Inception but with a bigger girth.

Tom Cruise as Kelsier(seriously)

Chloe Grace Moretz as Vin

Nicholas Hoult as Elend Venture

Djimon Hounsou as Sazed

Tom Hiddleston as Breeze

Martin Freeman as Dockson(yep)

Edward Norton as Yeden

Brendan Gleeson as Clubs

Graham McTavish as Ham

Karl Urban as Marsh

Tom Holland as Spook

Jeremy Irons as Straff Venture

Mia Wasikowska as Shan Elariel

Liam Neeson as Renoux/Voice of TenSoon

Hugo Weaving as Rashek

On 9/20/2010 at 1:58 PM, Shivertongue said:

You're all wrong.

Kelsier should be played by Steve Buscemi, Vin by Miley Cyrus , and Sazed by Samuel L. Jackson.

And clearly the only person fit to play the Lord Ruler is the adorable, doe-eyed Tobey Maguire.

Preach!!!!!!

And Kanye West should be Elend Venture

On 3/7/2017 at 5:32 PM, Captains Domon said:

Tom Cruise as Kelsier(seriously)

Chloe Grace Moretz as Vin

Nicholas Hoult as Elend Venture

Djimon Hounsou as Sazed

Tom Hiddleston as Breeze

Martin Freeman as Dockson(yep)

Edward Norton as Yeden

Brendan Gleeson as Clubs

Graham McTavish as Ham

Karl Urban as Marsh

Tom Holland as Spook

Jeremy Irons as Straff Venture

Mia Wasikowska as Shan Elariel

Liam Neeson as Renoux/Voice of TenSoon

Hugo Weaving as Rashek

Really like this list! I think a lot of those actors would really work!

• 3 weeks later...

I think Chris Pratt would make a good Ham, and I honestly don't know who should play Kelsier. My little sister has a massive crush on him, so he has to be good looking. (I actually caught her signing her name as Mare at one point.  It was adorable.)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ErikModi said:

How about Jaqueline Toboni for Vin?  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6452826/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t11

Looks too old for me.  Vin is a kid in the first book, and only in her late teens in the second.  Maisie Williams is already looking too old.

In a few years (by the time they actually pull it together), perhaps Dafne Keen would be good, though. She was incredible for the action sequences in Logan, and while she had the strong accent (intentionally), I bet she would do fine with whatever accent they decide to use for Mistborn.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say... movies of books are usually worse than the books themselves, and usually the plot is (very) different. Take for example Percy Jackson. Kronos isn't supposed to even appear until the fourth book, and they mist (bad pun) some of the most epic scenes in the series, including: Ares vs. Percy on the beach; Nico using his powers to DESTROY the Spartus(es?); the Battle for Olympus; the Great Prophecy; and a ton of other stuff. If you aren't convinced that the books are (much) better than the films, look at Eragon for an example. The whole magic system (the Ancient Language) is gone, and it misses a ton of good scenes and stuff that has to be included for the other books to even make sense!   So, they're probably going to have to make the whole thing again, but ANYWAY as I was saying, the movies are usually complete trash compared to the books, so I, for one, am completely AGAINST the notion of making Mistborn (or any other BS book, for that matter) into a film/movie, purely because I don't want to see one of the GREATEST BOOKS OF ALL TIME turned into something that is complete trash, completely messes up the magic system (which I'm sure you'll agree is FREAKING AWESOME) and probably won't make it past the first movie or so. IN CONCLUSION I don't think Mistborn should become a movie because it'll be really bad compared to the books, and I don't want to see one of my favourite books made into a cheap imitation of the grand original. Thank you for your understanding.

1 hour ago, Lord Bookworm said:

Can I just say... movies of books are usually worse than the books themselves, and usually the plot is (very) different. Take for example Percy Jackson. Kronos isn't supposed to even appear until the fourth book, and they mist (bad pun) some of the most epic scenes in the series, including: Ares vs. Percy on the beach; Nico using his powers to DESTROY the Spartus(es?); the Battle for Olympus; the Great Prophecy; and a ton of other stuff. If you aren't convinced that the books are (much) better than the films, look at Eragon for an example. The whole magic system (the Ancient Language) is gone, and it misses a ton of good scenes and stuff that has to be included for the other books to even make sense!   So, they're probably going to have to make the whole thing again, but ANYWAY as I was saying, the movies are usually complete trash compared to the books, so I, for one, am completely AGAINST the notion of making Mistborn (or any other BS book, for that matter) into a film/movie, purely because I don't want to see one of the GREATEST BOOKS OF ALL TIME turned into something that is complete trash, completely messes up the magic system (which I'm sure you'll agree is FREAKING AWESOME) and probably won't make it past the first movie or so. IN CONCLUSION I don't think Mistborn should become a movie because it'll be really bad compared to the books, and I don't want to see one of my favourite books made into a cheap imitation of the grand original. Thank you for your understanding.

I don't know if you know this or not, but Cosmere movies are almost certainly going to happen. The rights have been bought, writers and adapters have agreed to the work, and a lot of money has been invested into making it work.

I think that the problem with the adaptions you mention is that the people behind the films didn't respect or care about the books. They really were just trying to make some quick bucks or further their careers by gaining more experience in writing and directing.
The company that's investing in the CCU (Cosmere Cinematic Universe) LOVES the cosmere. You can do the research for yourself if you want to read interviews and stuff, but they really care about the Cosmere.

I think Mistborn, as a large but malleable trilogy, could be absolutely fantastic in film. It's similar in a way to Lord of the Rings. Very large, very epic, very good books, being adapted by kind of new and less experienced people who Really care about the stories.

We haven't seen Millie Bobby Brown do a lot of action yet, but I do think she has the potential to be a perfect Vin when the time comes around. Heck, one of the boys might even make a good Elend.

I'm curious, does anyone else think that Daniel Radcliff could make a good Lord Ruler?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 0:05 PM, Lord Bookworm said:

Well, there were the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies, and while they definitely weren't as good as the books, they were still pretty good anyway. I think the Mistborn saga has a chance to be as good as them in the form of a movie series. Not possibly as good as the books, mind you (I agree with you on that), but still pretty good anyway.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Summer Glau (or however you spell her name) because every time I see her slaughtering Reapers I think 'Vin!'

Only issue is she's too old now.

Edit: How about Camren Bicondova (Selena Kyle from Gotham)? She might grow up too much before it happens too, but I could definitely see her as Vin.IMG_2918.JPG.7827db33a0344fbc6cac1412be42efc7.JPG

Edited by Jondesu

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Only issue is she's too old now.

Edit: How about Camren Bicondova (Selena Kyle from Gotham)? She might grow up too much before it happens too, but I could definitely see her as Vin.IMG_2918.JPG.7827db33a0344fbc6cac1412be42efc7.JPG

She could possibly be a good Vin. She would have to play the character with a lot less spunk than she plays Selena, but she could work. She's probably the perfect age Right Now, which is unfortunate since cameras probably won't be rolling for idk, two years? More?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...