Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

If it wasn't for his age, I would be a major proponent of Ron Glass as Sazed.  Maybe he could make a cameo as the leader of the Terris refugees, though.

I think he would be a good Sazed judging from the google pics that I just looked up of him, I don't know how old those are though and if he's geting up in years it might be hard for him to do the battle scenes in WoA and HoA

Strangely enough, I imagine Jim Carrey as Kelsier. Hear me out. The traits an actor playing Kelsier would have to have is 1) Be old enough to become a father figure to Vin, 2) Have a sense of humor, and 3) Be an actor who can play an actor (because Kelsier cons people in many different roles). In particular, after seeing Carrey in Lemony Snicket, I think he would fit the bill.

• 5 weeks later...

I think Fillion for Ham, and Robert Downey Junior for Kel. Tha being said, I would pay alot of money to see Fillion say the Lord Tyrant line. I just cant imagine him doing all the flippy steely stuff.

I like the idea of Dr.Tam for the Lord Ruler, but he always seemed older to me, like the guy who plays Strider (Im bad with names). Or maybe the guy who plays wolverine.

Clubs should be clint eastwood. I dont care if he's old, it just seems right to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Michael Shanks from Stargate for Dockson.

Sean Maher (Dr. Tam) or Tom Hiddleston (Loki from Thor) as TLR.

Someone new as Vin. Maybe Ellen Page if she can pull off the action fight scenes.

James McAvoy could be Elend, but he might be too old too.

Scarlett Johansson with dark hair or Jaimie Alexander (Sif from Thor) as Shan Elariel.

Anthony Stewart Head (Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Sazed. I got into my head and now it won't go away, I just think he's perfect!

He even had fight scenes in Buffy, too, didn't he?

That's not bad. Not bad at all. I think he's a little too short, but that's still a pretty good casting.

Personally I always imagined Vin being like Kate Beckinsale, and I honestly think that if Ellen Page where cast it would ruin the movie.

I could see James McAvoy as Elend, and maybe Nathan Fillion as Ham (not Kelsier), and you guys got me thinking of the Firefly cast so for some reason got me thinking of casting Alan Tudyk as Breeze. XD

Though I do have a few concerns about a movie itself, and how it would be made. Not so much the problem every movie based off a book has that it would be very hard to condense everything into a 2 hr movie, but just issues with portraying things. I don't know if I can talk about them in this topic or if I should just start a new topic, since it doesn't really involve the cast.

All this talk of Ellen Page and Summer Glau for Vin makes me sad :( They get suggested for every film like this. (And firefly was fantastic but that doesn't mean that Summer Glau is perfect for every role)

I was thinking that Hailee Steinfeld (from True Grit) would be a prety good choice for the role. Her voice is a lot like how I expected Vin to sound. She might be a bit young right now, but the movie won't happen for 2 years at least, so there's plenty of time to fix that.

All this talk of Ellen Page and Summer Glau for Vin makes me sad :( They get suggested for every film like this. (And firefly was fantastic but that doesn't mean that Summer Glau is perfect for every role)

I was thinking that Hailee Steinfeld (from True Grit) would be a prety good choice for the role. Her voice is a lot like how I expected Vin to sound. She might be a bit young right now, but the movie won't happen for 2 years at least, so there's plenty of time to fix that.

Aye, I don't get it either. I haven't got an opinion on who SHOULD get the role, but they shouldn't just be blindly harked as perfect for it, as most people say.

I think that girl from True Grit is a great idea for Vin. As for Nathan Fillion, based on his work in Castle, I could actually see him playing Breeze before Ham or Kelsier, not that I really see him in Mistborn at all. And Zachary Quinto as Marsh. He would look awesome as an Inquisitor, and would be great at portraying Marsh's mental struggles in the third book (assuming they make movies of those too). I still can't decide on Kelsier or Sazed though, I think those two are the hardest to pick for.

However, I think RDJ could inhabit that personality better.

TBH I don't know that other Fillion guy, but I think RDJ would be a fairly good choice. He doesn't have that much variety in his characters, but I think Kelsier would fit him really well. Although I feel that Fillion would actually be a bit better choice judging from the looks only.

As for Ellen Page, I also don't know her (I don't watch that many movies, especially newer ones) so I don't know how good an actress she is, but judging solely from her looks, I think she could be a good Vin.

Personally I always imagined Vin being like Kate Beckinsale, and I honestly think that if Ellen Page where cast it would ruin the movie.

I could see James McAvoy as Elenda

Kate Beckinsale is a bit too old to play Vin, dude. Though I can see where you got that because she basically fits the description in Underworld....save being much too mature looking for a character who is supposed to start out as a scrawny, underdeveloped girl in her mid-teens.

If Christina Ricci wasn't as old as she is I think she'd make a good Vin...although she can still play characters who are pretty young, as seen in "Penelope".

But actually McAvoy is the best choice for Elend I've seen yet in this thread.

And for Zane perhaps Ian Somerhalder. Get rid of his trash stash and he looks like the insane son of a corrupted nobleman. I think he could play the part really well, even though I'm not really a fan of Vampire Diaries he's a pretty good actor given the material he's working with.

Guys, no more Ellen Page. You're killing me, here. Her voice is annoying. Her acting is annoying. She looks like cherub. Just no.

I get why people think Summer Glau would be good as Vin. She'll really look good in all the stunt work. However, I'd like for the producers to make more of an effort to look for another actress.

And Zachary Quinto as Marsh. He would look awesome as an Inquisitor, and would be great at portraying Marsh's mental struggles in the third book (assuming they make movies of those too).

Sylar with spikes! Awesome.

But actually McAvoy is the best choice for Elend I've seen yet in this thread.

And for Zane perhaps Ian Somerhalder. Get rid of his trash stash and he looks like the insane son of a corrupted nobleman. I think he could play the part really well, even though I'm not really a fan of Vampire Diaries he's a pretty good actor given the material he's working with.

Guys, no more Ellen Page. You're killing me, here. Her voice is annoying. Her acting is annoying. She looks like cherub. Just no.

McAvoy is an interesting choice. He can certainly project Elend's earnestness and intelligence. But his suitability would depend on who is cast as Vin, I think.

Somerhalder is great in The Vampire Diaries. I think he can pull off Zane's controlled insanity well enough. Or you can try Joseph Morgan, who currently plays Klaus on the same show. (Although... okay, Morgan might be a little too bad-chull.)

Ellen Page. Arrrrgh. Good enough actress, but she's just not Vin to me. :unsure:

Edited by almeldiel

I like Chloe Moretz for Vin; she has a good balance of innocent and mature.

Off the top of my tired head:

Kelsier: haven't been able to put my finger on it yet...

Hamm: Michael Fassbender

(a very skinny) Breeze: Neil Patrick Harris

Clubs: Jackie Earle Haley

Spook: Jamie Bell

Elend: Ben Barnes

Shan: Malin Akerman

Both Elend and Shan are older casting, I know, but that's kind of how I envisioned it while reading the books