Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

9 hours ago, dayman said:

How can you make the Terris people distinct but not reveal the Lord Ruler is Terris?

Well, the modern Terris people are roughly 10 generations of changes in the ash world, which TLR's time did not have to deal with so they are somewhat genetically different. In terms of film-making, he only appears near the end. Well, that and the fact that there are.. 2, maybe 3 other Terrismen in the first book so they can all be semi-distinct characters.

• 3 weeks later...
On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 3:43 PM, The True Survivor said:

The only one I really want to see is Charles Dance as Straff Venture

Perfection would then be achieved.

Mmm, I suspect he would be wasted in that role (as it would be but a sociopathic, stupid shadow of Tywin Lannister).  Ashweather Cett, on the other hand, he'd bring some charisma to.  

1 hour ago, Landis963 said:

Mmm, I suspect he would be wasted in that role (as it would be but a sociopathic, stupid shadow of Tywin Lannister).  Ashweather Cett, on the other hand, he'd bring some charisma to.  

Have you seen him in the Going Postal movie? It was the worst three hours of my life watching Pratchett's marvelous creation get ripped apart, but Dance as Vetinari was the only shining light in the process. But yes, Straff is not nearly as clever as Vetinari or Tywin Lannister. Cett is a good idea too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2016 at 8:35 AM, The One Who Connects said:

Well, the modern Terris people are roughly 10 generations of changes in the ash world, which TLR's time did not have to deal with so they are somewhat genetically different. In terms of film-making, he only appears near the end. Well, that and the fact that there are.. 2, maybe 3 other Terrismen in the first book so they can all be semi-distinct characters.

I'm just saying, if Terris people are black, and other people are not, then TLR's secret Terris heritage makes no sense. Terris are obviously distinct, but it's more subtle than skin color. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's been said that Sean Bean should/shouldn't play Marsh. But why not Kelsier? He looks really perfect smiling because you know it's not entirely real, and the hair is right. 

Okay, no, I just think it'd be kinda funny when he gets the script and sees another death scene.

• 1 month later...

Almost all my ideas for main characters have been said. 

Daniel Radcliffe as jastes lekal

Matt Damon as Marsh

In the post-secret history world ruin and preservation could get some screen time. If this was the case I would have Benedict cumberbatch for ruin and Eddie Raymane for Preservation.

I totally agree with tom hardy as breeze. 

Eddie Redmayne would be more suited as Ruin, I think, as pre-Ascension Ati was "a kind, generous fellow" with red hair. It'd be really fun to see him play against type as Ruin, too, especially since for the events of the Well of Ascension, we wouldn't see him on-screen yet, just year his voice telling Zane to "kill him!", and then to Vin at the Well, telling her to "do the right thing". (Which would be an indication to a movie viewer that they were the same agent, that the voice at the Well was not Preservation - that would not be obvious to a book reader, but that's OK with me.)

I definitely see Isabella Fuhrman as Vin.  She looks the part, was pretty convincing as a pint-sized warrior in the Hunger Games, and *SHOCKINGLY* is actually a teenager!  I despise it when they cast someone in their late twenties/early thirties to play a teenager!  

Vin.jpg

I see short-haired Josh Holloway playing Kelsier...but I see long-haired Josh Holloway playing Wax!  

Short Hair.jpg

Long hair.jpg

Edited by Lyerly
Another Idea

4 hours ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

Hoid's described as old with a white beard, though. Maybe Demoux? Since 

Hide contents

he's a worldhopper, too?

Actually, Hoid has white hair and often a white beard, but is consistently described as much younger looking than they expect (from the hair, I assume). I always mentally picture him mid-30s.

On 12/26/2016 at 11:10 PM, Jondesu said:

Actually, Hoid has white hair and often a white beard, but is consistently described as much younger looking than they expect (from the hair, I assume). I always mentally picture him mid-30s.

Hmm. Tennant as Hoid would probably work out, then!

• 2 weeks later...

Why isn't anyone doing Era 2? 

Because I like him, I will suggest Orlando Bloom as Wax. I suspect that I am the only one who thinks this a good idea.

While he might be a little too old, I do honestly feel that Tom Hardy would be a great Wayne.

I think Daisy Ridley could do Marasi.

Jake Gyllenhaal as Miles.

Gal Gadot as MeLaan.

Anna Kendrick as Lessie.

And, because I like him, and find it funny, I want to suggest Jason Alexander as Lord Harms. He plays George Costanza in Seinfeldt.

Edited by Chull #445

On 1/8/2017 at 8:01 AM, Chull #445 said:

Why isn't anyone doing Era 2?

I have 2 ideas for why not. 1st being that it isn't finished yet so we are waiting to see how it ends. (We have Stormlight casting when it isn't done so probably not.

The 2nd idea is more likely: Era 1 has been out longer so it's more likely to be made into a movie first.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ammanas said:

The synopsis of the story in the article seems a bit lackluster, but I suppose that's what it takes to start the process of drumming up interest in non-fantasy fans.  

I know that most people would disagree, but I would love Rose Leslie as Vim.

Gary Oldman or Ian McKellen as the Lord Ruler.

While reading the books I always have in mind the aspect of Sam Riley in the film pride, perjudice and zombies as Elend Venture.

Chris Hemsworth as Kelsier and Woody Harrelson as Mars.

I have read Stephen Fry as Breeze, I agree.

Gerard Butler as Ham.

Ken Watanabe as Sazier.

Idk why but after watching 3 seasons of Smallville (a superman backstory show from the early 2000s (lol I'm referring to them as the 2000s now)) I can't help but want to see Elend as Michael Rosenbaum and Straff as John Glover. Idk why but it seems so appropriate. :ph34r:

I second (third? Fourth?) Chris Hemsworth as Kelsier, as I think that he'd be naturally cheery enough to be the guy that laughs as everyone else is contemplating the end of the world. :P

Edited for emojis, can't forget the emojis :ph34r:

Edited by The Technovore

Has no one considered Dylan O'Brien for Elend? Although to be honest, I'd like to see Dylan O'Brien anywhere, and he might be offered Elend and ask for Lestibournes or Zane. But still...

For Vin, I'd like an unknown actress, and if it was possible, I'd like her to be of age... 15-16. I guess that's asking too much.

I wonder who should be the Lord Ruler or Kelsier. Both should be impressive. The Lord Ruler should exude self-confidence and power, and Kelsier should be charismatic beyond description.  Those two would be difficult.

14 minutes ago, Rao-seeker said:

For Vin, I'd like an unknown actress, and if it was possible, I'd like her to be of age... 15-16. I guess that's asking too much.

I don't think it's too much to ask. How many people had heard of Summer Glau before Firefly? Maisie Williams before Game of Thrones? That's exactly what I think should happen, we just can't guess who it'll be in that case, so it's not as much fun.

Okay, I think I've gathered a pretty great dream cast for my favourite books. By the way, I'm only halfway through Well of Ascension, so bare with me.

Kelsier: Christian Bale I was searching for actors, criticizing shortcomings and things like that, but Bale just was so perfect in my mind.

Vin: Alexandra Chando or Flora Spencer-Longhurst In my long search for Vin and read of this very long and fabulous collection of opinions, these two fit the very most for my favourite Mistborn.

Elend Venture: Orlando Bloom, Ben Barnes, or Tom Welling In my effort to keep my actors low key, I feel to have failed Elend a little. I will, however, continue searching for my perfect bookworm.

Lord Ruler: Daniel Radcliff or Tom Hiddleston I abandoned reason at this point. Lord Ruler should be a magnificent actor with a handsome face and a terrifying ability to control others. I feel like these two could pull it off, and I desperately want to see them try.

The Crew I left all sanity behind and kept no restraint for huge actors, avoiding only the MCU

Clubs: Clint Eastwood Intimidating, talented, and fabulous.

Breeze: John Barrowman Sorry, but I just never liked thinking of Breeze and heavy, and Hollywood I think would agree with me.

Spook: Eddie Redmayne Furiously talented, totally would be able to pull of the accent and the slang.

Dox: Liam Neeson or Colin Firth We need a gentleman here.

Ham: Clive Owen This is really for lack of an ideal option. I really envision someone Polynesian, but couldn't come up with a good pick.

Sazed: Lance Reddick I saw him, and he was Sazed. He's just so...Sazed.

Marsh: Zachary Quinto Who wouldn't want to see Spock/Sylar become an Inquisitor? He also has the type of intimidating face I imagine Marsh having, though I'd like someone who looked more like Kelsier.

Renoux: Liam Neeson or Colin Firth (whichever Dox isn't) Again, gentleman.

OreSeur(voice): James Earl Jones Because why not? Honestly?

The Enemies The characters on this list aren't necessarily evil...But, you know, some are. And, I apologize for all the Doctor Who characters, but they appear at very different times and places, so I thought it would be okay. Plus, it's a dream cast. I can dream. Also, I'm not going to explain these ones. They just fit for me.

Zane: Arthur Darvill

Straff Venture: Michael Fassbender

Shan Elariel: Karen Gillan

Cett: Matt Smith

Zane's "God": Christoph Waltz

Edited by The Doctor's Mistborn