Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

I revise my casting for Kelsier I now vote Troy Baker who looks EXACTLY how I pictured Kell 

Also changing to Kate Beckinsale for Vin, I get that she is 41 now but she could still totally pull it off, also she has already done a similar character by playing Selene in Underworld and the entire time I watched that movie I thought of Vin

Also changing Marsh to Nikolaj Coster Waldau because he looks like a slightly older version of Troy Baker

Edited by gjustice99

I think Benedict Cumberbatch or Eddie Redmayne would both be great Lord Rulers.  They can both pull off that "surprisingly young but incredibly precise" look.

Also, Nikolaj Coster Waldau would make a great Kelsier in my opinion.  As would NPH. 

Since this movie seems to be growing ever farther into the future, I agree with the choice of Maisie Williams (Arya in Game of Thrones) playing Vin.  She's got a good look, great acting chops, and while she still looks very young, she's 17.  I'd have to see how she plays in more adult roles as time goes on (right now it's difficult for me to see her playing "married to Elend; Empress of the Final Empire" Vin, but maybe with a little maturity, she will be able to pull it off.  She would definitely have book one Vin down. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still on team Ellen Page all the way (from Hard Candy, to Inception, I think she has it covered.  Also, Vin needs someone who can be snarky, and Page in Juno is queen of the snark), but I also think its getting less and less likely someone that age will still be in the right range when it comes time to cast the movie. 

Wow. I agree with these choices very much. Upon googling both Nikolaj and Maisie, they both fit almost exactly my mental picture of Kelsier and Vin. 

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I always pictured Sazed as being of a darker complexion. 

I picture Dhalsim from Street Fighter or maybe the guy from Prince of Persia who protects the princess or whatever you call her. Although looking at him now maybe he is a bit bulky.

But I pictured darker, tall, and not very bulky.

• 1 month later...

My dream cast for Mistborn... Hmm...

No-one.

I'm serious - the books just wouldn't translate well to live action. An anime could work; maybe the same team who worked on Attack on Titan? If you want to know why, examine the Mobility Gear scenes; they could perfectly convey Allomantic combat.

Now if we were to make a film, allow me to decide on director. And please, don't kill me for this.

Michael Bay.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Stop those thoughts right now - I mean Michael Bay, on a tight leash, working with someone else. If they could deviate - for example, Bay doing action sequences (the only thing he does right) and someone sane doing everything else, the film could be brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

What you have to remember is that Marsh and Kel are brothers so you would have to have people who's personalities could be beleieved as brothers...

Kelser - RDJ

Lord Ruler - Tom hiddleston 

(Only problem with that is that it would play too much on their Ironman-Loki association... but regardless I think Hiddleston would make a great Lord Ruler... come to think of it he could play Kel as well...) 

Going on some of the ideas other people have said: 

Vin- Ellen Page (just becuse I don't have a better idea ) 

Ham- Always imaginged someone like The Rock 

Breeze- I think Nathan Fillon would better suit Breeze 

Sazed- Morgan Freeman for days... only problem is the fighting...

Clubs- perhaps Bruce Wilis... he's old and cranky... 

Marsh- If he wasn't either Kel or TLR then Hiddleston... if not then maybe Jonny Depp... he's nice and creepy but maybe not a good enough fit...

Edited by Zaci-chan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hands down, Simon Baker (The Mentalist actor) would be the best Kelsier. At least, that's who I picture.

I agree that Ellen Page would be excellent as Vin.

Tom Hiddleston would be great as Breeze (he has that charisma and wit about him). 

Ham - Vin Diesel.

Sazed - Ben Kingsley (though, I totally agree with mistbornmistfallen that Naveen Andrews would also be a great choice)

Marsh - Liam Neeson.

Dockson - I agree with Nicrosil, Mark Sheppard would be good.

Clubs - Harrison Ford

Elend - Brandon Routh (too old?)

Edited by Delrath

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't Bradley Cooper seem the best fit for Kelsier? A little edge (watch Silver Linings Playbook), pretty, blond, 30 something (looking at least, I don't know his age). Marsh could be Lee Pace, since he's sinister and brooding. I think that Rose Leslie would be a good Vin. Maybe too tall. Hair dye would do magic. Andrew Garfield fits for Spook, but he may be too old. He looks young enough though. Sam Claflin would be a good Elend. He oozes White Male Protagonist. So does Liam Hemsworth, come to think of it. Breeze in my head has been and always will be Paul Giamatti, and those are all the movie people I've thought about, I guess. 

Doesn't Bradley Cooper seem the best fit for Kelsier? A little edge (watch Silver Linings Playbook), pretty, blond, 30 something (looking at least, I don't know his age). Marsh could be Lee Pace, since he's sinister and brooding. I think that Rose Leslie would be a good Vin. Maybe too tall. Hair dye would do magic. Andrew Garfield fits for Spook, but he may be too old. He looks young enough though. Sam Claflin would be a good Elend. He oozes White Male Protagonist. So does Liam Hemsworth, come to think of it. Breeze in my head has been and always will be Paul Giamatti, and those are all the movie people I've thought about, I guess. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, I know that Lee Pace has had a couple of major roles recently in which he does sinister and brooding quite well.  But in my mind, he's still the slightly doofy older brother from Wonderfalls.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First off, the person you have listed as "Bradley Cooper" is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, from Game of Thrones.  Second, neither him nor Bradley Cooper look enough like Michael Fassbender's brother for the Kelsier-Marsh relation to work.  (Nor, it should be said, do Waldau and Cooper qualify to play brothers with an astonishing resemblance to each other)  Eddie Izzard as Breeze is genius, though, as is Anton Yelchin playing Spook.  What else has Steinfeld (your Vin) been in?  

• 2 weeks later...

First off, the person you have listed as "Bradley Cooper" is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, from Game of Thrones.  Second, neither him nor Bradley Cooper look enough like Michael Fassbender's brother for the Kelsier-Marsh relation to work.  (Nor, it should be said, do Waldau and Cooper qualify to play brothers with an astonishing resemblance to each other)  Eddie Izzard as Breeze is genius, though, as is Anton Yelchin playing Spook.  What else has Steinfeld (your Vin) been in?  

Thanks for pointing that out.. lol. ironically i found that picture by searching for bradley cooper... they really do look a lot alike sometimes... Though also to be fair, when do siblings in movies ever actually look like siblings? i figured that they were close enough by those standards, plus id rather have decent acting. Hailee Steinfeld was in true grit, and enders game, and pitch perfect 2. thats all i know of.