Seynir

Satsuoni

Character Name: Seynir

Character Race: Human (+1 feat, +4 sp, +1 sp/lvl)

Character Class: Wizard

Alignment: CN

Deity: None

Player Name: Satsuoni

Quickref for current status:

HP: 7

Weapon: Steel dagger (1d4)

Spells:

Lvl 0: Read Magic, Acid Splash, Prestidigitation

Lvl 1: Sleep, Magic Missile

Height: 180cm (I don't get feet)

Weight: 65kg

Eyes: green

Hair: green (I like the color. Also, to specify: bright green, highly reflective when clean, loses sparkle when not)

Character Level: 1

Known Languages: Common, (+4 bonus):{Draconic}, [Abyssal], <Orc>, &Infernal& .

SP per level : (2+4+1)7

-------------------------------------------------------

Strength: 10 (+0)(-2)

Dexterity: 14 (+2)(-6)

Constitution: 10 (+0)(-2)

Intelligence: 18 (+4)(-16)

Wisdom: 14 (+2)(-6)

Charisma: 8 (-1)

Armor Class: 12 [ BASE (10) + 2 + 0 +0]

Flatfooted AC: 10 [10+armor+shield]

Touch AC: 12 [10+2]

AC Penalty:

Maximum DEX bonus:2

Armor Type & Weight: None

Hit Points: 4 +3 (Toad familiar)

Base Speed: 30'/round

Total Encumbrance: 17 lb. - [ 33 Light/66 medium/100 heavy Load]

Normal Speed: 30'/round

Save vs. Fortitude: +0 [ 0 + 0]

Save vs. Reflex: +2 [ 0 + 2]

Save vs. Will: +4 [ 2 + 2]

Initiative Modifier: +2 [2 + 0]

Melee Attack Bonus: +0 [0 + 0]

Ranged Attack Bonus: +2[0 + 2 ]

Weapons:

Steel dagger (4gp)

Weapon weight:(1 lb?)

Skills (put X in box if a class skill. * indicates armor check penalty):

[Class]SkillName - Ranks - Attribute - Misc. = total

28 sp

[ ]Appraise - 1 - 4 - 0 =5

[ ]Balance* - 0 - 2 - 0 =2

[ ]Bluff - 0 - -1 - -2 (see below) =-3

[ ]Climb* - 0 - 0 - 0 =0

[x]Concentration - 4 - 0 - 0 =4

[x]Decipher Script - 4 - 4 - 0 =8

[ ]Diplomacy - 0 - -1- -2 = -3

[ ]Disable Device - 1 - 4 - 0 =5

[ ]Disguise - 0 - -1 - 0 =-1

[ ]Escape Artist* - 0 - +2 - 0 =2

[ ]Forgery - 0 - 4 - 0 =4

[ ]Gather Information0 - -1 - 0 = -1

[ ]Handle Animal - 0 - -1 - 0 = -1

[ ]Heal - 0 - 2 - 0 = 2

[ ]Hide* - 0 - 2 - 0 = 2

[ ]Intimidate - 0 - -1 - 0 = -1

[ ]Jump* - 0 - 0 - 0 = 0

[x]Knowledge(arcana) 4 - 4 - 0 = 8

[x]Knowledge(nature) 2 - 4 - 0 = 6

[x]Knowledge(planes) 4 - 4 - 0 = 8

[ ]Listen - 0 - 2 - 0 = 2

[ ]Move Silently* - 0 - 2 - 0 = 2

[ ]Open Lock - 0 - 2 - 0 = 2

[ ]Ride - 0 - 2 - 0 = 2

[ ]Search - 2 - 4 - 0 = 6

[ ]Sense Motive - 0 - 2 - 0 = 2

[x]Spellcraft - 4 - 4 - 0 = 8 (+2 synergy?)

[ ]Spot - 2 - 2 - 0 = 4

[ ]Survival - 0 - 2 - 0 = 0

[ ]Swim* - 0 - 0 - 0 = 0

[ ]Use Rope 0 - 2 - 0 = 2

Flaws: Grudge Keeper (modded)

You have an overpowering need for vengeance and have difficulty letting go of grudges.

Benefit: If you are damaged in combat, you suffer a -3 penalty on attacks rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks until you damage the foe who caused you harm. The penalty is not applied against the targeted enemy. This penalty does not apply if you cannot discern the source of the damage. This penalty disappears when the combat ends. If the enemy dies before the damage can be applied, hitting a corpse with weapon or offensive spell removes the penalty.

Feats:

Scribe Scroll (wizard)

Able Learner

Combat Casting

Dragon Prophesier (NonEberron flavor)

"From early age. I was able to feel the patterns connecting all things. Everything in this planes and others is interconnected, and the future can be partially derived from the past. Studying arcane arts, as well as noticing how such patterns are reflected in some structures of the draconic language has allowed me, to see the world more clearly when concentrating, allowing additional insights in the working of the universe"

Racial and Class Skills & Abilities:

Human: +1 feat, +1 sp/lvl

Equipment & Gear

backpack(2 gp, 2 lb),bedroll (5 lb, 1sp),two pages of parchment (0 lb,6sp), ink(8gp), inkpen(1sp). Spell component pouch(5gp, 2 lb), spellbook(3 lb, free). 50ft of silk rope(10 gp, 5lb), scalpel (4gp),

10 foot pole (2 sp, 8 lb), 100 chalks (1gp), 1 flint steel (1 gp), sewing needle (5sp) and thread (free?), 3 vials (3gp, 0.3 lb), lamp (1 sp, 1 lb), 2 pint of oil (2sp,2 lb) , salt (2cp, 1/8 lb), ginger (5 gp, 1/32 lb) (pepper is too expensive), basil (1sp, 1/16 lb), raisins (1gp, 1 lb) (12 gp 1sp 2cp) whetstone (1 lb, 2cp), raw alcohol (assume 1gp, 1 lb) ( I can carry about 3 lb more easily)

Total : 38 gp 9sp 4cp+4gp weapon+4gp

+ scroll (SummonUndeadI) : 25 gp.

Weight of Equipment:

31 7/32 lb

Money: 28gp, 0sp, 6cp

Vials:

2 empty

1/3 vial of acetic acid

Spells :

Wizard: caster level 1

Spells per day

0 Level Spells: DC = 14, 3x per day

1st Level Spells: DC = 15, 2x per day

Spells Known/Written in Spellbook (wizard)

0 Level: All

1st Level: (7 spells) Magic Missile, Sleep, Protection From Evil, Mage Armor, Feather Fall , Ray Of Enfeeblement , Identify , Summon Undead I (+25gp, from scroll)

Memorized Spell List (Default)

0 Level: Read Magic, Acid Orb, Daze

1st level: Sleep, Magic Missile

Character History:

Seynir's parent were killed soon after his birth by raiders, so he was brought up by his grandparents. A combination of unusual intelligence and childish sensitivity, allowed to understand concepts of aging and mortality very early, scarring and shaping his perceptions of the world. Equally afraid and fascinated by death, he has decided to devote himself to Wizardry as possible means of obtaining immortality, or quick death, whichever comes first.

This outlook has also shaped his interaction with other people. He rarely forms empathic bond, but is quite protective of those that he does. On the flip side, he cannot care less about people outside his circle, and will gladly sacrifice a few hundred innocents if it means one of his friends coming back to life (or so he says to himself).

His pursuit if knowledge has lead him to the entrance of WLD, where he hopes to pursuit his knowledge of arcane arts, focused on immortality and destruction (for self-defense, obviously).

Idiosyncrasies:

Due to a close emphatic link between a familiar and himself , cannot bear the idea of putting it in danger, so the familiar never participates in battles/scouting/etc. (Just a HP buff, essentially)

Eats monsters, especially new species encountered.

Finds it very hard to speak lies in any form (can still joke, if certain that the joke is perceived as such. clarifies otherwise): bluff, diplomacy penalty. (Lying, or at least concealing own feelings is essential for diplomacy, IMO)

OK, this is my first D&D character, so don't judge too harshly, please.

Wishlist:

Well, some wands I could use, tomes of knowledge, some clothes, rare candies maybe, I dunno.

Seriously: Wands. Scrolls. Tomes of knowledge.

Edited by Satsuoni

Is the high wisdom strictly for backstory or is there another reason? Also, would you like me to show you the equipment table so you can finish the equipment sections?

"High" wisdom? No particular reason,no (actually, I kinda forgot about it). Also, found some equipment tables, so I am good, I guess. Thanks!

Its high relative to most of the other stats. I'm not judging, just asking. wink.gif

Normally, wisdom is one of my lower stats when I play a wizard, but it helps with the awareness skills and will save; its not like you had strength really high or anything.

Good luck playing a wizard. Just remember, keep a meatsheild between you and sharp pointy objects. laugh.gif

Its high relative to most of the other stats. I'm not judging, just asking. wink.gif

Normally, wisdom is one of my lower stats when I play a wizard, but it helps with the awareness skills and will save; its not like you had strength really high or anything.

Good luck playing a wizard. Just remember, keep a meatsheild between you and sharp pointy objects. laugh.gif

Yes, Sir Meatshield #2! Could you please attract those goblins while I prepare my AoE spells? :P

Seriously, I expect to die very soon, even before I can become undead. (and arise as a dread necromancer). BTW, is there any feat/ability combo that will allow me to be healed by positive AND negative energy?

Ah, right. I remember now, it was in the Death Sphere homebrew(tome of fiends) . I stumbled upon it when I searched for Warlock on Google.(you could be healed by negative energy without changing your positive affinity)

You better make sure the meatshield/healer LOVES you, man XD I could pat that wizard on the back and kill him.

Thus confirming all my suspicions about the humanity decay and corruption... Also, rationally speaking, baiting all goblins so they would congregate and then dispatching them with a single fireball which won't kill the meatshield seems like a valid strategy to me.

Thus confirming all my suspicions about the humanity decay and corruption... Also, rationally speaking, baiting all goblins so they would congregate and then dispatching them with a single fireball which won't kill the meatshield seems like a valid strategy to me.

You will want to get Sculpt spell feat or selective spell. Both allow you to determine what gets targeted in an area affect. Iam not sure exaclty where you can find them though.

Here is a list of metamagic feats.

http://www.habololy.com/Feats/Metamagic%20Feats.htm

You will want to get Sculpt spell feat or selective spell. Both allow you to determine what gets targeted in an area affect. Iam not sure exaclty where you can find them though.

Here is a list of metamagic feats.

http://www.habololy....gic%20Feats.htm

sculpt spell is from complete arcane. Not sure about selective spell, i haven't heard of that one.

edit: also, here's the official WoTC feat index. It includes notation of where the feat was printed, i'll add it to the resources page. Also, looks like selective spell is from "Shining South"