[x] Knowledge(religion) - 4 - 0 = 4 ©

[x] Profession() - __ - __ - __ = ©

[x] Spellcraft - 2 - 0 = 2 ©

[ ] Sense Motive - 3 + 2 = 5

------------------------------------------------------

Feats

Feats: Least Dragonmark, Extra Turning, Sheild of Deneith

Feat Name & Description:

Least Dragonmark of Sentinal: gives Protection from Arrows as a spell-like ability 1/day, caster level 1. Also, +2 Sense Motive.

Extra Turning: +4 turning per day

Shield of Deneith: Instead of using the least dragonmark ability, get a doge bonus of +1 to AC for WIS bonus + 1/2 character level rounds 1/day (4 rounds)

-------------------------------------------------------

Special Abilities/qualities

Racial and Class Skills & Abilities:

Flaw: Secret Voices

Simple Weapon Proficiency

No Evil Spells

1 extra skill point every level

Healing +1 Caster Level

Spontaneous Domain Casting

Sunburn 1/day

Turn Undead 8/day

Protection From Arrows 1/day Or Sheild of Deneith 1/day

Equipment & Gear

Backpack

bedroll

chalk x 10

crowbar

flint and steel

grappling hook

piton x 5

10 ft pole (always)

50 ft silk rope

soap 1 lb

sunrod x 3

bell x 2

signal whistle

bucket

holy symbol, wooden

fishhook x 5

sack

Weight of Equipment: 43

Money: 0 gp, 7 sp, 0 cp

Spells

Spells per day

0 Level Spells: DC = 13, 3 x per day

1st Level Spells: DC = 14, 2 x per day + domain spell

Domains: Sun, Healing

Memorized Spell List (Default)

0 Level: Guidance, Light, Detect Magic

1st level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Protection from evil

Character History

"First of all, let me get this straight. My name is Umieri Bast D'Deneith of House Deneith. You, however, may call me Umieri. Or if we are getting formal, Sir Umieri D'Deneith. Never call me Bast, or make cat jokes about my name. Understand?

" I suppose you wish to know a little about me. After all, you may be putting your life into my hands. It is not the most interesting of stories, but it sure as the Six is not boring."

I was was born the third son of a minor House Scion of House Deneith. As far as I can gather, no House from where I come from exists here, so I will explain a little of what House Deneith is. The Houses are mercantile empires, run by people who bear a specific Dragonmark, like me. House Deneith is one such house, and they maintain a small mercenary army which, as would be obvious, is hired out to the highest bidder. Further, members of House Deneith are hired out as bodyguards, you might see why later. I was one such bodyguard, and my client was an artificer studying the ancient ruins of Xendrick. Xendrick being the ancient continent of giants and elves, but I digress.

One such ruin was, as we were to find out, a lab for researching the possibility of alternate planes, beyond what can be access by the magic of that time. As the ruins were located deep within the continent, and hidden within a manifest zone of unusual properties, I was hired as support for the primary bodyguards. I say support because I am a cleric, not a fighter. While my comrades tried so hard to tear themselves apart at the seems, I kept them together. I wouldn't say being a cleric is an unusual profession for a Deneith, but it is certainly not common one.

We arrived at the site in, well, not a bad condition, but certainly not a pristine one. Several days passed without incident, but eventually our luck got pressed too far. We got attacked, out of all people, by House Cannith! Those spawn of Aureon's Shadow felt that, because the site held the remnants of an ancient prototype warforged, they could simply walk in and take over. Of course we fought back.

The rest of the events are fuzzy, but I am almost certain that is when I left my world altogether. Perhaps an experiment started so long ago was completed, or an errant spell activated an eldritch machine, but a rift opened can swallowed the entire structure.

The trip wasn't pleasant, it was actually quite painful. I do not wish to make such a trip again. Especially since I might encounter those...Things. They wander the cold and dark in the space between spaces, jealous of our warmth, of our light. Sometimes I think I brought them with me, they sit just out of the corner of my mind. Like a fetid mold, or an ooze, seeping into my thoughts like an assassin's poisoned blade. Heh.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

WISHLIST

-Mundane Items

Healer's Kit

Sling and bullets

Academic Tome (Religion)*

Goggles*

Traveling Duster*

-Magic Items

Bag of Holding (smallest size is fine)

Cloak of resistance

Expeditious Boots*

*Theses are all Homebrew Items

PREVIOUS LEVELS

-none at the moment

Edited by Emeralis00

Nice. Props for actually using the lore from Eberron in your back story, and giving a reason why you aren't in your universe anymore

note for those who don't know, in 3.5 at least, all the different settings (universes) were all connected and accessible to each other. Spelljammer was totally all about this. They retconned this and changed it in 4th edition, though, i've heard.

Thank you. There is a little more going on behind the scenes to the backstory. An Eberron adventure I did with my cousin was to go to a ruin in Xendrick and obtain a schema for an old version of warforged for House Cannith. During the exploration of the ruin, we discovered a group of humans in what appeared to be an astrology room with a big artifact in the middle. A fight ensued and resulted in me setting off the artifact when my character rolled a critical hit, yes a critical hit. The artifact promptly disappeared in a flash of energy, taking out the opposing group. Hence, the critical hit. (My Dad was the DM, and he loves the dramatic).

So, this character is to explain the unintended consequence of that action.

heh, nice. Yeah, i do that sometimes, try to take a situation from a previous campaign that ended with something unknown and build upon it with a new character. Always fun to make something like that and explore the possibilities :P

also:

chalk x 10crowbar

flint and steel

grappling hook

piton x 5

10 ft pole (always)

50 ft silk rope

Nice. I usually stock up on mundane stuff like this too (especially chalk and a crowbar at least) just in case. Especially useful in a dungeon environment :P

Nice. I usually stock up on mundane stuff like this too (especially chalk and a crowbar at least) just in case. Especially useful in a dungeon environment :P

This is actually less than what I would have bought, but I had to fiddle around with the stuff because of weight issues. One would think I would be used to that because a Wizard's dump stat is usually strength, but my most recent Wizard had a strength dump stat of 15.

This is my personal philosophy, learned from a D&D based star wars comic called Darths And Droids:

When equipping your characters before setting out on an adventure, make sure you buy:

• The best weapons you can afford and that the GM will let you get away with using.*
  • The best armour you can afford and that the GM will let you get away with using.**
  • As many marginally useful odds and end as you can get with the few coins you have left over.

* Where "best" is defined as being the ones that do the most damage.

* Where "best" is defined as being the ones that prevent the most damage.

You never know when some insanely specific piece of equipment that nobody would think of buying normally might come in handy for some situation where the GM is trying to prevent you from doing something that you'd really rather like to try doing.

EDIT: I realized I forgot to update the domains to match what I had selected for spells.

Edited by Emeralis00

Nice. Props for actually using the lore from Eberron in your back story, and giving a reason why you aren't in your universe anymore

note for those who don't know, in 3.5 at least, all the different settings (universes) were all connected and accessible to each other. Spelljammer was totally all about this. They retconned this and changed it in 4th edition, though, i've heard.

Spelljammer is awesome. It's D&D. IN SPACE!!!!

Emeralis00: What are you planning for with the Cleric? All around Divine caster? Just want to know so I don't step on anyone's toes as a melee Cleric. :lol:

Darths and Droids is also awesome.

A standar buff healer cleric. If you are doing a combat cleric we should be fine. What domains are you using?

War, Knowledge and Planning as I think you've seen. I'm trading out Knowledge later though... Knowledge Devotion is awesome.

I'll probably swap out Sun for Healing as i originally had it, since you can destroy undead just as effectively.

If you take sun and healing (I think) you could shoot for radiant servant of pelor. They make pretty awesome buffers and healers (we can refluff it to whatever deity fits the bill for those domains you want)

If you take sun and healing (I think) you could shoot for radiant servant of pelor. They make pretty awesome buffers and healers (we can refluff it to whatever deity fits the bill for those domains you want)

That would probably be a good idea, as most of my turning will be going towards metamagic casting.

That would probably be a good idea, as most of my turning will be going towards metamagic casting.

RSoP requires like a particular feat as well. But if you get domain spontaneity, so you can spontaneously cast healing domain spells....healing is so awesome that way.

I don't know what a Radiant Servant of Pelor is. Can I have a link?

Eberron has rules for worshiping a pantheon (which is what I am doing) so I could easily have Sun and Healing.

EDIT: I wiould only be sad about losing the good fortune effect

Edited by Emeralis00

I don't know what a Radiant Servant of Pelor is. Can I have a link?

Eberron has rules for worshiping a pantheon (which is what I am doing) so I could easily have Sun and Healing.

EDIT: I wiould only be sad about losing the good fortune effect

RSoP is in complete divine. I can hook you up with the rules for it at some later point (dont have a link off hand)

but, basically, they have two abilities for healing in particular that is awesome. once you get to the right levels, any healing spells you cast from your healing domain (thus why i recommend domain sponteneity with it) are automatically empowered and maximized for free. They also get a few abilities related to turning/harming undead

Ummm, do you mean replacing spells with cure or something else. huh.gif

It's a feat (in complete divine also). It allows you to spend a turning attempt to spontaneously cast spells from a chosen domain as you do cure spells. The reason you need this is because to qualify it HAS to be cure spells from your domain, not just spontaneously cast cure spells like you normally do.

It's a feat (in complete divine also). It allows you to spend a turning attempt to spontaneously cast spells from a chosen domain as you do cure spells. The reason you need this is because to qualify it HAS to be cure spells from your domain, not just spontaneously cast cure spells like you normally do.

The feat, iirc, allows one to spontaneously cast from all of one's domains (though only through domain slots.) The ability you are probably thinking of is an ACF from PHB2, where you can spontaneously cast one domain as a replacement for the ability to spontaneously cast Cure/Inflict spells. (This last one is what I am using currently.) Either way, it is much better to spontaneously cast from the Healing domain instead of just the "Cure" line of spells.

The feat, iirc, allows one to spontaneously cast from all of one's domains (though only through domain slots.) The ability you are probably thinking of is an ACF from PHB2, where you can spontaneously cast one domain as a replacement for the ability to spontaneously cast Cure/Inflict spells. (This last one is what I am using currently.) Either way, it is much better to spontaneously cast from the Healing domain instead of just the "Cure" line of spells.

nah, its exactly what i was thinking. I looked it up and was chatting with emeralis over steam. It lets you spend a turning attempt to cast from a domain. Each time you take it you select a domain.

Untitled.png

though, i was entirely unaware of the PHB2 option....if it works like that, then it's basically this feat without the turning cost, which is entirely a better option in the first place, and it's basically "free" (that is, doesnt take a feat slot).....

nah, its exactly what i was thinking. I looked it up and was chatting with emeralis over steam. It lets you spend a turning attempt to cast from a domain. Each time you take it you select a domain.

Untitled.png

though, i was entirely unaware of the PHB2 option....if it works like that, then it's basically this feat without the turning cost, which is entirely a better option in the first place, and it's basically "free" (that is, doesnt take a feat slot).....

Huh. The PHB2 one is similar, though it replaces the Cure/Inflict spontaneous and (I didn't notice this before) you can put Cure/Inflict spells into your domain spell slots.

SpontaneousDomainCasting.png

Huh. The PHB2 one is similar, though it replaces the Cure/Inflict spontaneous and (I didn't notice this before) you can put Cure/Inflict spells into your domain spell slots.

SpontaneousDomainCasting.png

yeah, that one is easily a better option....

Whenever i did RSoP i usually did the feat, but this is way better :o

Okay, I change my mind. I want Thor's ability. Its far more cheaper. I can spend my turning on something else. Changed domain spontaneity to extra turning. Then I will get another feat later that I want that uses those turnings. Thanks Thor!

Edited by Emeralis00