People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

27 minutes ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Like the Joker! We're not monsters we're just ahead of the curve.

I usually don't take a position as an official leader for the Alleys or enforce any hard rules, but I will put my foot down on this. No. Clown. Makeup.
Tearing the soul from an unwilling participant is one thing but clowns are an abomination against nature.

Hello. @BitBitio 

3 hours ago, Voidus said:

Evils? I am profoundly offended. We're at worst a chaotic neutral organization. Assuming someone is evil just because their soul is full of other stapled together souls is spikist!
I mean the last cookie I gave out granted a newcomer the ability to magnetize lamps! How is that anything but a benevolent act?

That is very true. My last spike was loyalty to the DA. That is one of the best.

6 minutes ago, Quickbronze said:

The problem with that would be the fact that you'd have to use a spike on someone loyal to the DA to create it. 

We think it heals. The person was locked in a closet until they liked us again, and we have enough loyalty in some of us to make spikes, and have some left over.

Edited by ElephantEarwax

3 hours ago, Voidus said:

Evils? I am profoundly offended. We're at worst a chaotic neutral organization. Assuming someone is evil just because their soul is full of other stapled together souls is spikist!
I mean the last cookie I gave out granted a newcomer the ability to magnetize lamps! How is that anything but a benevolent act?

I never did say you were the evil of the Alleyverse we will stand up against, but if you feel like I was addressing you, there is probably a reason for that.

9 hours ago, Quickbronze said:

The problem with that would be the fact that you'd have to use a spike on someone loyal to the DA to create it. 

A trivial problem before the might of our science.
Step one: Adopt a small animal.
Step two: Forcibly accelerate that animals feelings of loyalty to you using emotional allomancy and other techniques.
Step three: Clone said animal and repeat step 2 a lot of times
Step four: Spike loyalty out

8 hours ago, Leyrann said:

I never did say you were the evil of the Alleyverse we will stand up against, but if you feel like I was addressing you, there is probably a reason for that.

That thus far the entire purpose of TUBA has been to try to undermine the DA? Several of its members explicitly claiming we're evil? I think that reason is relatively compelling. Although that doesn't mean I find the idea any less foolhardy.

4 hours ago, Voidus said:

That thus far the entire purpose of TUBA has been to try to undermine the DA? Several of its members explicitly claiming we're evil? I think that reason is relatively compelling. Although that doesn't mean I find the idea any less foolhardy.

So you are just making assumptions.

What? Did you think the entire TUBA consisted of clones of one another? We're not controlled by an outside force you know, we are seperate people with seperate ideas.

Just now, Leyrann said:

So you are just making assumptions.

What? Did you think the entire TUBA consisted of clones of one another? We're not controlled by an outside force you know, we are seperate people with seperate ideas.

That's an inference not an assumption. I am completely certain that the purpose thus far has been to undermine the DA, I infer what that means about their future goals.
Individuals who form an organization. And it is the organizations views that I spoke of, an individual may disagree with the views of their organization though it does make me wonder why you'd insist on maintaining membership if you don't agree.

22 minutes ago, Voidus said:

That's an inference not an assumption. I am completely certain that the purpose thus far has been to undermine the DA, I infer what that means about their future goals.
Individuals who form an organization. And it is the organizations views that I spoke of, an individual may disagree with the views of their organization though it does make me wonder why you'd insist on maintaining membership if you don't agree.

You're just too focused on your own organisation to see that TUBA has been created for more than just undermining the DA. We strive to be an alternative, and to be a trustworthy organisation where we can share all we want to.

Yes, we had to undermine the DA before we could reveal ourselves, but that was before the DA simply dominated the Alleyverse. That is why we have come out in the open now that the playground is even, and we will no longer deal in the shadows.

Let it be clear, our goal is not to undermine or destroy the DA. Our goal is to make the DA redundant by being a better alternative.

Just now, Leyrann said:

You're just too focused on your own organisation to see that TUBA has been created for more than just undermining the DA. We strive to be an alternative, and to be a trustworthy organisation where we can share all we want to.

Yes, we had to undermine the DA before we could reveal ourselves, but that was before the DA simply dominated the Alleyverse. That is why we have come out in the open now that the playground is even, and we will no longer deal in the shadows.

Let it be clear, our goal is not to undermine or destroy the DA. Our goal is to make the DA redundant by being a better alternative.

I'm not the one who created the first post for it that explicitly calls out defeating the DA as one of its goals.
Even? Sure if you want to think so. It will make it much easier in the end.
*Repeats evil laugh then cuts short and turns back into the alleys*
"Hey! Does anyone have an evil cat handy? I really feel like an evil cat would add a little something to this laugh."

14 hours ago, Voidus said:

A trivial problem before the might of our science.
Step one: Adopt a small animal.
Step two: Forcibly accelerate that animals feelings of loyalty to you using emotional allomancy and other techniques.
Step three: Clone said animal and repeat step 2 a lot of times
Step four: Spike loyalty out

Why not switch step two and step three around?

On 4/19/2018 at 1:32 AM, Quickbronze said:

Why not switch step two and step three around?

Because some of the techniques involve genetic manipulation to increase their loyalty so if we did the cloning before that we'd have to genetically modify all the clones instead of just the original, then the changes carrying over to the clones.

5 minutes ago, Blazenella said:

Hello there. I noticed some interesting conversations going on and decided to drop in. I must compliment the efficiency of your methods, and before you offer, no I do not want a cookie. Some additional information...

Reveal hidden contents

We have eyes everywhere.

Your loss. *Munches on delicious chocolate and Harmonium cookie*
As for having eyes... 

Spoiler

See previous conversations regarding wardings. Those eyes are now very noticeable with the extra heads they just grew.

The puppy thing to spike out loyalty is pure genius I must say, and please. Extra heads mean nothing, I'm just messing around with you. I am the Head of Research at the GB, and am much less concerned about infiltration. I don't even know who or where half of our spies are. Anyway, feel free to hire us anytime. Idle threat giving is useless and I did it just for fun, especially since there is no reason to threaten you. The only guild we are strongly affiliated with is CoC.

1 minute ago, Blazenella said:

The puppy thing to spike out loyalty is pure genius I must say, and please. Extra heads mean nothing, I'm just messing around with you. I am the Head of Research at the GB, and am much less concerned about infiltration. I don't even know who or where half of our spies are. Anyway, feel free to hire us anytime. Idle threat giving is useless and I did it just for fun, especially since there is no reason to threaten you. The only guild we are strongly affiliated with is CoC.

Less a threat than a warning, I'm running out of these head-removing spikes so I'd be grateful if people stopped accidentally cursing themselves.