People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

12 hours ago, Nohadon said:

We have a deal, it will take place between I and @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian, he may pick the location, but there will be no use of feruchemical architecture. 

Excellent. As a Dark Alley affiliate, I would not presume to be any sort of impartial, but I can ensure that everything is conducted in an Honorable fashion.

Um, hello. May I join you all?

After inquiring about you, I have come up with these questions.

The disclaimer both immensely confuses me and makes me laugh, so there's that. Just pass out a cookie, you say? Does it have to be a specific cookie? Do I have to sign on any dotted lines? Where should I show this cookie? What's the LA? Do I have to write that I am or am not a member of the DA in my signature?

@AonEne

All you have to do is offer a cookie on an intro thread. Any cookie. No signing involved and they don’t need to accept it. LA is the current iteration of the light alley. They are opposed to us. (Dark alley vs Light alley). There have been quite a few organizations that were opposed to us during the heyday. They all died. You don’t need to write anything in your sig about being a member. Just offering the cookie is enough. 

Quickbronze is a legitimate, sapient cognitive shadow, not a shade. A shade is more like the... Skeleton, of a cognitive shadow, I guess? Not a perfect metaphor but it suffices. Some bits are left over (we have experimentally proven that connection is retained), but shades are not really self-aware.

As Quickbronze is a stable cognitive shadow (in common terms, a ghost), the ability to directly percieve them may be seen as a sign of mental instability.

Also, LA could alternatively be interpreted as Los Angeles. Which is ironic, because as a largish city, LA has its fair share of dark alleys in it.

17 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I'm actually considering leaving and going to the Light Alley now. Honestly I'm back and forth. I'll update when I decide. Wait, is quitting allowed? *Prepares to run to safety*

Of *course* quitting is allowed. Right this way, I will lead you safely out of the Dark Alley. No, that isn't a trap door you're standing on, what are you talking about??

17 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I'm actually considering leaving and going to the Light Alley now. Honestly I'm back and forth. I'll update when I decide. Wait, is quitting allowed? *Prepares to run to safety*

There have been light alleys before as have there been mediocrity lit alleys and assassins in technicolor, all have fallen, all will fall. The DA is forever if you do leave us please remember that you are always welcome to return.

The memories of people who leave the DA are also modified. The modifications are very subtle so that they aren't even aware of the changes. This is why the DA has been able to survive infiltrations and attacks from our numerous jealous foes.

From the Dark Alley R&D Laboratories 

Hi! I just joined, but at the moment I was wondering if you would be willing to cater and support a new guild angled toward the act of making sure Mundanians everybody knows the truth about Alcatraz Smedry. Please feel free to join!. We would also enjoy some advice on creating an effective disclaimer. Thank you!

Edit: This is enough to join, right?

Edited by Kidpen