What Foreshadowing have you caught?

FeatherWriter

Sorry for bumping an older topic, but I just had to share what I've guessed here.

- I figured out Vin's earring, but it sounds like everybody did that.

- I figured out that Vin wasn't the Hero of Ages the moment Sazed said that she was in WoA. Some things are just too obvious.

- I guessed the whole Syl = Dun Spheres = Superpowers thing, but so did everyone else.

- There were people who didn't figure out Shallan's shardblade?

- I guessed that Elkohor cut his own strap, but I didn't know why he did, and I also thought that Renarin might have been the traitor.

- I knew that Jasnah couldn't Soulcast, but I didn't figure out why.

- Shallan killing her father was one thing I figured out easily.

- I also correctly guessed Kabsal being evil.

- I figured out the chasm causing the Reod, but Elantris was easy. Dilaf being the Big Bad was also simple, but I don't think it was actually a twist.

- I failed miserably at predicting Warbreaker. I thought that Nightblood was the big bad (wanting to cause a war so he destroy lots of evil), Lightsong was Arsteel, and I thought that someone would reach the 11th Heightening.

Predictions are fun.

I took some notes when I read WoK, and looked back over them now to see if I'd guessed anything good. Almost everything I guessed was wrong or silly. (I thought the spren Shallan was seeing were Voidbringers, and they were trying to harvest the evil in her deceitful acts to create another Voidbringer from her soul.) But I did have this:

Chapter 42

Spren are associated with change. I think the soulcasters have captive spren in them. This also explains why fixing one doesn't work.

And I had some speculation that Shallan killed her father, but I dismissed it because I knew Shallan had the Shardblade, and that meant killing a Shardbearer, and I thought Shallan's father sounded like too much of a "weasel" to be a Shardbearer.

• Chaos locked this topic