Submissions for Dec 26 and Jan 2

Silk

Hey all, a question for you regarding submission dates.

Our next two submission dates fall on Dec 26 and Jan 2--in other words, our next two submissions come right after a major holiday. So I'm wondering, is it worth leaving submissions open for these two weeks?

I know this is looking a bit ahead, but does anybody think they'll be interested in submitting on these dates? And for that matter, are people going to be available and/or willing to critique that week? It seems a bit pointless to let people submit if they're only going to get radio static. ;)

So, what do you guys think? Should we just continue as normal? Or should we take one or both of these dates as a holiday?

I agree with Kate for the 26th, but I think that the 2nd should also be off; I have very little time right now, first time I have been able to get on this week. After that I will be critiquing all the backlog I have just got. But for these two weeks I think most people will be busy and those that do submit might not get the same reception, making it quieter than it already is.

guen.

I'm open to receiving entries either day, or possibly giving it an extra day (the 27th and 3rd) to get things out. I know many people are busy this time of year, and potentially traveling and whatnot, but I actually have a bit more time to spend on little things like catching up here.

Not so far--unless someone develops a sudden objection I'm thinking we may as well say we're closed for the upcoming Monday. As for Jan 2, we can always wait until next week and see if a few more people weigh in before making up our minds. :)

Well, it seems like enough people are interested in reading and submitting that we might as well just open things up for Jan 2. I know a couple people weren't sure they'd have time to critique, but remember that you don't necessarily have to critique every week. :)

So I'll go ahead and say that we're open for Monday. If anyone is terribly, horribly opposed ... well, speak now or forever hold your peace. :)