Female Villains in Epic Fantasy (General Spoilers)

Mistdork

On that topic, recent research has revealed that women were heavily involved in bookmaking throughout medieval Europe. The nuns in the convents were just as likely to copy and illuminate their own manuscripts as the monks were, and after the start of the book trade, women worked as scribes, binders, and so on.

On a related tangent, in Jewish culture in medieval Eastern Europe, the idealized family was one where the man didn't do any work, but spent the whole day in the study of the scriptures, while his wife ran the family business and managed the household.

Okay, so I took the lazy way out and didn't read the entire thread so someone may have mentioned this one already, but here. (Codex Alera spoiler)

The Void Queen.I liked her quite a lot as a villain, she was terrifying, incredibly powerful and wiped out an entire nation of giant wolf-men. Not to mention that Butcher gave her an internal struggle that really added to her as a character. Her struggle to become understand humans and become more like them really made me pity her, which weirdly added to her creepy factor.

This was the one female villain that was that I really enjoyed, and she was the only female 'big bad' that I can think of. We really do need more female villains. :unsure:  

• Chaos locked this topic