predictions on Chekhov's Guns in Wok

CrazyRioter

Guest Jacob Santos

That just means that Shalash was there destroying her statue shortly before the events of the prologue. Someone must have removed the wreckage but not been able to put in a replacement statue yet. Brandon said that we would see other characters viewpoints from around that same time.

Whoa! I haven't heard this before. What information proves this?

That just means that Shalash was there destroying her statue shortly before the events of the prologue. Someone must have removed the wreckage but not been able to put in a replacement statue yet. Brandon said that we would see other characters viewpoints from around that same time.

How do you know that? And how do you know that Shalash is the art-destroyer?

Whoa! I haven't heard this before. What information proves this?

When I went to a signing for Towers of Midnight a year ago, I asked him if it was significant that Shalash was in the palace shortly before the events of the prologue. He said we would see other character's viewpoints from that same time. I didn't bother asking a question that I knew would get a RAFO, like if Baxil's Mistress was Shalash or if she was the one destroyed her statue. Between the epigraph about "Daughter of kings and storms gouging out her own eyes.", and the Herald Shash symbol used for Baxil's interlude chapter, plus a bit of time on the forums, those other two things were made pretty clear.

Edited by Cheese Ninja

Adolin's current girlfriend. I have the feeling she'll have a bigger part to play in the next couple books.

When she stuck around, I was almost certain she was a spy for Sadeas. She also happened to be around while Navani and Jasnah were spanreeding, I'm fairly certain. She's been around for some sensitive stuff, and we know that it's odd for Adolin to have a girl around for a while, and she's taken on a job that will keep her close to important things in Dalinar's house.

The strange flashes of light and the spire they come from (in the triangular city) that Kaladin sees when he rides the storm.

EDIT: Never mind, a closer read shows that it is actually Szeth killing someone, the flashes are his Lashings presumably.

Edited by Wisdom

• Chaos locked this topic