Long Game 6: Daes Dae'Mar, The Great Game

That's Gamma's passive way of telling me he doesn't want me in his game

Crap. >.< Sorry about that, lol. I had you down on my two other lists but I musta forgot to update the Thread One.

Also, I was thinking of the Padan Fain role and how the Corruption works with Darkfriends. Do you guys think I should add it into the rules that Corrupted can not betray or kill Padan Fain? Since I was thinking about it, theoretically, if Padan Fain Corrupts a Darkfriend on Night 1 by chance then all it would take is for the Darkfriend to tell the rest of his team right then and Fain would be taken out immediately. I was just thinking of how Rubix's game is running with how the Sharders can't betray their own team, having it set it up like that. Thoughts?

Oh, and I thought about the Male Channelers going insane thing and unfortunately I'll have to wait til the next WoT game to implement something like that. I have no real way to enforce the madness right now, and it would just make it unfair for people who signed up to be Male characters in this game if they happen to become Channelers. Next game though I plan on pulling out all the stops. With a Tainted Saidin, ter'angreals, gambling, bubbles of evil, you name it!

Hmmm. It makes sense, I'd agree. How would it work though? The Corrupted Darkfriend can't be the one executing the group kill on Fain? At the moment, I'm vaguely worried it might result in situations where the Corrupted Darkfriend is forced to win as one of the Corrupted than as a Darkfriend. (I'm not sure if I'm making sense with this or if this would be truly problematic. It's just a thought.)

No, that's a fair point. Maybe he can perform the Group Night Kill on Padan Fain if he wished but just can't say anything to reveal/indicate who Padan Fain is. But let's hope for the sake of having more fun, that any Darkfriends who get Corrupted just go with the whole betrayal gig. ;)

People scurried through the tiny streets, rushing here and there, as if their tiny lives mattered at all. Joel looked down upon them, Literally and metaphorically. He stood above the town, on a forested hill. "Bloody peasants. Nothing ever happens in this town, but they all act like it's the most important place in the land. I do hope something will happen, just to show them how drearily unimportant they all are." Joel snorted at that. Nothing ever had happened here, and nothing ever had. Joel turned around, and walked back into the woods.

I'm finding it hard to RP as Antisocial. This game will se me being Quiet. And are we going to wait to get 25 players? or do we have a set starting point?

I was definitely going to try and wait until I have at least 25 players but I'll try and leave it open for a couple days after that to get as many last minute, extra players as possible. If there aren't 25 players by Sunday the 15th. Either way, there will be a post announcing when the game is about to start, you'll have at least a days warning.

Just to make sure I understand how that mechanic would work:

So, if the Darkfriends happen to decide to make a kill on Fain, and the Corrupted Darkfriend happens to be the one making the group kill, then if he chooses to win as a Darkfriend, he can make the kill in accordance with the group's instructions, but he can't betray/reveal who Fain is. (Can he lie and say "I think that guy is a channeler, we really need to kill him, trust me"?)

If he chooses to win as a Corrupted, then he probably tries to direct them to a different target other than Fain, yes?

Just to make sure I understand how that mechanic would work:

So, if the Darkfriends happen to decide to make a kill on Fain, and the Corrupted Darkfriend happens to be the one making the group kill, then if he chooses to win as a Darkfriend, he can make the kill in accordance with the group's instructions, but he can't betray/reveal who Fain is. (Can he lie and say "I think that guy is a channeler, we really need to kill him, trust me"?)

If he chooses to win as a Corrupted, then he probably tries to direct them to a different target other than Fain, yes?

These are very fair questions and good points. It shows how perfectly worded the Fain role needs to be. The whole thing with 'betraying' them can get very confusing, as what draws the line of betrayal or not? Your example I would almost consider betrayal, just because of how it's worded is purposely trying to make Fain a target. But that makes things too difficult, I think. I'm going to keep it how it originally is, with the Darkfriends having no restriction on betraying Fain or anything. You could technically reveal Fain if you want to, but where's the fun in that? ;) And that will just make Fain be more careful of who he targets.

Apologies for the uncertainty of your GM. :lol:

Understood. S'cool, I'm just one of those players whose attitude seems to be 'ASK THE GM ALL THE THINGS!' as I like to know specifically what the rules permit and don't permit players to do ;)

Thanks for the clarification, GM!

I'm gonna sign up as well.

I know very little about WoT though, just started the 1st book. :)

Jae, the inn hall boy (Hoping Renegade will hire me).

Jae dragged his feet to the door. He raised his hand in a fist, uncertain whether what he was doing was going to prove fruitless again. He had been refused quite a few times, and the ones he hadn't, he was chased away.

He finally knocked at the inn's backdoor, shuffling uncomfortably.

Whoever opened would have seen a scrawny boy, black hair, dressed in worn linen clothes. And with gestures, they would have been asked for a job.

Mayor Twim Cabalen strode through the Village Green shaking hands and thanking the people for staying back and helping while simultaneously barking orders to whoever needed proper directions. Initially he had been very pleased with the number of volunteers who stepped forward to defend the village, especially by the number of foreigners and out of towners, but the original flood had slowed down to a trickle. He knew the number of people might be enough for a proper defense, but he would feel comfortable with a few more hands to help out around town.

Douza, the blacksmith's apprentice, scurried along each carrying an arm full of weapons over to the training ground where Leas Fel was directing a number of people, trying to give them a crash course in soldier training. Shouts and the clacks of practice swords and spears filled the air and the whole village was abuzz with activity. Nearby, Dellan was excitedly recounting the story of his daring escape from the trollocs and how he had even slain one to Khamsi, the Domani gleewoman who nodded her head in the right parts of the tale and slowly plucked random notes on her violin, trying to ignore the foul smell that hung in the air. Mayor Twim wrinkled his nose at the scent as well, even though it was his command that all lumber be saved for barricades and defense purposes, forcing everybody to start burning the manure that Trimat was selling for night fires and cooking.

He couldn't shake the feeling, but he was nervous for some reason. He knew he could lead these people, so it wasn't that. His service in the military and fighting in the Aiel War twenty years ago had taught him all he needed to know about fighting and leadership. But there was something else that was nagging at the back of his mind. A sly whisper that bubbled up from his subconscious and made him ask himself if all of these people could really be trusted. He shook his head to drive the thoughts away and stopped in the middle of the town green to gather everybody's  attention.

"In two days time there will be a Town Meeting!" He declared loudly for all to hear. "There we can begin discussing strategies and back-up plans and figure out how we're going to survive this bloody mess. Until then, continue on." He was always a man of few words, but he always reckoned that gabbing somebody's ear off was a job of the Women's Circle. He gave a few more commands and went off to go see how the dirt mound and spear wall that were being erected around the town were coming along. He had no idea where that Bob Dirt fellow -- a fake name if he ever heard one -- had come by all of that soil, but he was going to put whatever he had to good use. The trollocs were coming, and he would not let anything get in his way from saving his city. Not even the Dark One himself.

Phew. That went a lot longer than I thought. Apologies to those who weren't included in the RP, I just wanted to get that community feeling going and included as many as I could without going on and on. As Mayor Twim kindly narrated for us, it would be preferable if there were a few more people to sign-up, but the 20 players we have so far will be enough to run the game. I was going to probably start the game-up and send the roles out around Sunday night (the 15th), probably around 8PM EST or so, if that's good with everybody. If not I can easily wait for Monday. But I'm looking forward to running this and thank you everybody for signing up and participating and I hope this will be a lot of fun!

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Just getting in a bit of RP before things start ;)

Kaim stared at the practice sword in his hand, and shook his head. A soldier's weapon, the sword. Half of the village's defenders had probably never even seen one. And why would they? He'd had a few lessons, nothing more, and those were in years long forgotten. Hard to bring in a man with a sword; they were good at making corpses, not so good at catching thieves. He tried again, and almost succeeded in taking his own head off with Heron Wading In The Rushes.

He set the sword down. It wasn't for him.

Drell's Crossing was supposed to be a quiet enough place. He'd chosen it when he'd gone to ground, after that last thief he'd brought in, and had never looked back ever since. A band of Trollocs this far from the Blight, rumours of False Dragons...he shook his head and wondered if Tarmon Gai'don had come at last.

Edited by Kasimir

​Let the accusations and murders begin, then.  :D 

Jain watched everyone preparing, idling juggling a few rocks. His toy panda was among the rocks being flicked through the air. Jain could positively sense an air of resignation emanating from it.

While everyone had more or less been conscripted into the town militia, Jain had managed to slip pass the call of duty. It was funny watching prosperous and haughty merchants forced to spar with ordinary serfs. Some were taking advantage of the situation already, beating debtors or bankers quite soundly "by accident".

If you're still accepting sign-ups:

Indeed I am Sprell Hanaar, the village carpenter. It is said that I know how to make sturdy table, If you know what I mean. Indeed it seems the village will be in need of my tables very soon. Especially so considering that there are probably some in the village that have been affected by the lis-- err the Dark One. 

Indeed it could be said that only I, among all those in the village, am truly experienced in fighting the forces of instability and chaos. Why I fight the dark forces on a daily basis. Could you even imagine what would happen if people everywhere suddenly found their chairs to be wonky and their tables to be unlevel? Utter chaos, that's what. Indeed you could say that only brave souls, like myself, are what keeps Dark One's forces at bay.

Edited by Aspren

Gamma, I think you forgot to add Jae to the list.  

I was waiting for the deadline. Just so I could come up and say: "Ehm, I think you forgot someone". I so wanted to be able to leverage Gamma psychologically.  :ph34r:

Finally! A place where people buy my manure. I am finally appreciated for what I do. Trimat thought. Hey... Is that a toy panda in the manure? Wonder how that got there. I'll wash it off and call it Dan, the Panda Man.

I will join as Bunnt Nibbel a closed mouth farmer since someone apparently did not want me left in the quick fix game. Travelling until Sunday, so no RP yet...

If you still accept people that is...

Edited by Binnut

I suppose I'll go ahead and give this game a try.

Erik is an old borderlander whose recently deceased wife had talked him into retiring to the south countries with her. But once she passed on, he set out northward again. And he happens to have stopped here in time to hear of the Trollocs, and has volunteered to help with the training.

I've never read the WoT books, so apologies if I get things completely wrong RP-wise.

Douza set the bundles of weapons down at the edge of the training ground. Most were spears; the old war veteran had called them the simplest to learn, and their reach might be valuable. There were a smattering of swords - without sheaths, due to lack of time - and a few axes and maces for the stronger villagers. He'd been surprised how much his father knew of weaponsmithing. But then, his father didn't speak of the war either.

Leas Fel barely spared him a glance, thankfully. The veteran was intimidating. He was always so calm, which meant you couldn't tell what he was thinking. Or how close he was to one of his rare, but famous, outbursts.

Douza hurried back towards the workshop. The village needed steel, which meant he was on the bellows again. Thankless work, but he was strong because of it. Hopefully strong enough to swing an axe, when the time came.

Grimlar was worried. There was a definite air of anticipation wreathing its way through Drell's Crossing. Mayor Cabalen's town meeting was expected today, and it was clear that no one was quite ready for what awaited them. Grimlar was worried that staying in the town would prove a death sentence. He had been considering making a run for it before this meeting. But that was what everyone suspected of him, he supposed. Of course the drunk would flee before the fight. How could one as despicable as he have the honor to stay and fight the Trollocs?

Light, but he would show them, if it were the last thing he did. He was not happy with who he was. Staying to defend and protect was in many ways Grimlar's last chance for redemption.

As he strode through the town, all eyes cast down upon him, judging him, hating him, Grimlar made a decision. No drink for the entirety of this nightmare. It would only cloud his mind more than it already was. He would have to donate his precious stores of ale to Gade, the innkeeper. That way, he wouldn't be tempted.

No drink... At least, starting tomorrow.

He begged to the Creator this would be easier than he thought it would be.

So will the game definitely be starting tonight at 8 PM EDT, or are we going to wait for the one final player if he/she doesn't pop up before then?