Long Game 6: Daes Dae'Mar, The Great Game

Honestly, if not for the power outage I had on the first night, preventing me from getting my orders in on time and thus derailing the beginnings of the plan I had, we would have had a better chance of winning. 

Because of that, and other real-life factors early on, I had to improvise. I decided the game was Daes Dae'mar, so we were going to play Daes Dae'mar. Motives wrapped in motives wrapped in misdirection with a light tangy glaze of disinformation and misinformation. Is that an accurate deduction, or merely what we want you to think, or what you think we want you to think? Is that the truth, or a lie, or a half-truth, or a lie meant to be seen as truth, or a truth wrapped in lies...

I hope no offense was taken over this affair :S I don't think further pursuing it is very helpful, but I'm going to make what will--from me at least--generally be final remarks. First, as is my general rule/standard practice, I deleted myself from all in-game PMs upon my termination on Night Two. As such, I have to admit I cannot be absolutely positive of what I am now going to say.

I discussed some extent of Game 6 strategy with Aonar in that MR1 dead doc. It was very brief. As Padan Fain, it was not in my interests to keep people thinking about Fain and in most cases, I tried to steer the conversation away from Fain and towards the DFs, I did suspect Wilson of being the Forsaken early on and believe I said as much. However: given the tendency for people to worry about Fain, I could have used the MR1 dead doc as a way to conceal that I had been in early contact with Wilson and Awes. I am not absolutely sure that was the case as I'd also pretended to receive that Mayorial PM. (As you can see, I am doing a great job at keeping PMs straight.)

So, good night unto you all.

Give me your hands, if we be friends,

And Robin shall restore amends.

Aftermath

Long and deep into the Night the handful of villagers fought valiantly, constantly harrying the shadowspawns ranks before melting back into the obscuring mists, followed by the spectral charge of the ghost army that had risen up to fight for the survivors. The ethereal, vaporous forms slamming into the lines of trolocs time and time again, shredding their defenses and instilling panic as they slew Dragkhar and Fades, leaving the frenzied trollocs leaderless and without any semblance of order.

Mysterious forms and monstrous apparitions condensed from the thick, strange fogs and struck out at the shadowspawn, as rolling waves of silvery, sentient mist would sweep over whole bands of trollocs and swallow them whole, leaving nothing but piles of bone and blood behind. Lightning and fireballs rained down from the sky, only to be swept aside or countered as it met some invisible barrier, as the leashed Sooki

frantically fought off vicious attacks from the Forsaken, Dellan, as he would randomly appear and lash out at the villagers and the town with devastating weaves.

Carried by the raging, pulsing rhythm of the battle, the surviving villagers Newan, Witless, Douza, and Rishi fought on and on, and before they knew it, the mists began to dissipate and fade, burning away in the morning sun, as dawn had finally come, relinquishing them once and for all from the grasp of darkness. All around them lay the countless corpses of trollocs and other shadowspawn, as the four of them stood together, covered head to toe in blood, none of it their own save for minor scrapes and cuts, and all of them apparently uninjured. It was a miracle of the Light!

A quick sweep of the bloodied and body littered streets of Drell's Crossing had revealed even more damages to the town, as the only structures that survived were the Town Hall, still standing on it's ancient stone foundations, and the Cellar that had been dug underneath the Waffle House, formerly the Spruce Thicket. The inn itself had been completely destroyed, swept away by some unknown force in the tide of battle.

The strange, drunk man known as Gambles, and the collared darkfriend, Khamsi, were nowhere to be found in the wreckage.

Too beaten down, battered, and tired to pursue where the pair of them had escaped too, the survivors of Drell's Cross set to the task of rebuilding hometown. The afternoon sun was beating overhead, as the four of them struggled to even find a starting point, when a small, distant roar could be heard in the distance. Unsure of what they would possibly have to endure next, the four of them hobbled to the edge of the town, dreading to see what possible horrors were in store for them. A group of people crested a hill, and with a joyous shout, they realized it was the rest of the villagers of Drell's Crossing! The women, the children, the elderly, the weak, and those who had left with those who had fled to keep them safe. The ones that the people who had first signed up to protect Drell's Crossing had vowed to save by staying back and defending the village from the onslaught of Trollocs.

The sky was blue, and the birds began to sing once more, filling the air with joy and music, as the wind gently sighed through the treetops, setting the leaves rustling and carrying with the wonderful, sweet song of life.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a peaceful, gentle breeze passed over a small village known as Drell's Crossing. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was an ending.

Shadar Logath - Fain Doc

Shayol Ghul - Darkfriend Doc

Tel'aran'rhiod - Dead Doc

The Watchers Waiting - Spec Doc

WoT Master Spreadsheet

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Well that seems to be a wrap! I would once again like to say how much fun I had GM'ing, and I am really glad to see that it looks like most people enjoyed it! Of course with these games there will always be things that could be better, and that's why it's great to be able to see how these games run so I can use that going forward and make even better games going forward!

If you'd like to try your own hand at running a game, whether it be a Quick Fix, Mid-Range, or a Long Game, feel free to contact Myself, Meta, or Wilson. We'll get you added to the list, and we'll also be perfectly willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread.

The next game is already in progress: Long Game 7: The Annealing of Luthadel and another QF or MR will be being run towards the middle-end of that game!

Edited by Metacognition