Long Game 6: Daes Dae'Mar, The Great Game

Chaneller: A wildling user of the One Power. You can chose one of your Weaves to cast per Night Cycle. Once you use all 5 weaves you becomes Burned Out and show up as a regular Villager.

Air- Hands of Air protect a target from Night Kill. Not yourself

Fire – Hurl a Fireball at target, performing a Night Kill.

Water –  Cast Mask of Mirrors on a target at night, making them Untargetable for the Night.

Earth – Use Earth to harden your skin, allowing you to negate any one possible Night Kill against you.

Spirit – Lash out at somebody with a weave of Spirit, Role-Blocking their Night Action.

Question regarding this - So, once you use all five of the weaves, you become burned out. Can you use any of them more than one? Like, use Fire one night, then Air, then Earth, then Fire again, then Spirit, then Fire, etc, without burning out as long as you don't use Water? Or do you burn out after any combination of five?

I'll be joining. I can't promise to be super active for the first little bit, but from the 18th onward, I'll have plenty of free time.

Leas Fel worked under the hot Carhienin sun, trying to recapture the sword-forms he'd allowed to grow rusty and disused since his time campaigning in the Aiel War. Losing his footing moving into Heron Wading in the Rushes, he gave up and slammed his sword into his sheath in frustration. He knew there was no way he'd regain his old skill in the mere days they had before the Trollocs arrived, but that didn't make his failure any easier.

Once upon a time, he'd been able to compete with the Gaidin of the White Tower, and now he stumbled in basic balance-training stances. Slowing his breathing, Leas focused and entered the Void again. That at least had remained easy. Although he had been taught to use the Flame and Void during his short time in the army, Leas had found it useful for a great deal of other applications.

Frustration, fear and fatigue falling away, he began again, opening with Parting the Silk. Moving into Boar Charges down the Mountain, he followed up with Cat Dances on the Wall, easing himself into his practice. Before long, his efforts were interrupted by a commotion coming from the town square.

Sighing, he returned his sword to his sheath, but remained within the Void's calm, prepared for whatever he would find in the town.

Question regarding this - So, once you use all five of the weaves, you become burned out. Can you use any of them more than one? Like, use Fire one night, then Air, then Earth, then Fire again, then Spirit, then Fire, etc, without burning out as long as you don't use Water? Or do you burn out after any combination of five?

Good question, I'll have to fix the wording. You can only use each Weave once. It was originally like the Mistborn role from the first few games, where their power was rolled for each Night, but with the change to Padan Fain's Corruption to making people lose their roles I wanted different possibilities as to how that could happen.

Edit: Updated a couple things on the Main Post. I changed the wording of 'Aiel-Blooded' and the Earth-Skin Channeler Weave to read as: you get revealed in the write-up as surviving an attack or a lynch, but not your Role or Alignment. Just so people are aware they're supposed to read the same.

Edited by Gamma Fiend
Main Post Update

Good question, I'll have to fix the wording. You can only use each Weave once. It was originally like the Mistborn role from the first few games, where their power was rolled for each Night, but with the change to Padan Fain's Corruption to making people lose their roles I wanted different possibilities as to how that could happen.

Edit: Updated a couple things on the Main Post. I changed the wording of 'Aiel-Blooded' and the Earth-Skin Channeler Weave to read as: you get revealed in the write-up as surviving an attack or a lynch, but not your Role or Alignment. Just so people are aware they're supposed to read the same.

Ah, that's what it thought. I wanted to make sure, though. Thanks ^^

Jain was so surprised by what he saw that he almost tripped over himself. A man selling dirt. Jain wasn't sure whether he should cry or laugh. Of  all his times spent travelling, he had never seen such a weird product to sell. He'd seen whole frozen pigs. He'd seen dog meat. He'd seen statues made out of crabs. His toy panda, sadly, had not come from a vendor. He would have bought a few thousand toy pandas if he could.

He'd never seen a person sell DIRT.

Jain looked at the ground to check if it was still made of dirt. It was. There must be something special with that dirt, he thought, as he approached the vendor

"Mr Vendor, is there any specialty about your... products?" Jain asked. Before the salesman could reply, though, Jain saw the answer in the hole in the ground. Holding up his hand to stall any answers by the dirt salesman, Jain took out a mark - not a silver one - and handed it to salesman.

"I'll pay you for the labor you made in digging up that dirt and actually selling that joke. Don't think you'll get anything more off me."

Without waiting for a reply, Jain grabbed a bag, dropped the mark and walked off. He did have a collector's interest in strange souvenirs, after all.

Nothing more fun than heaping up contrariness  :P 

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Newan landed Sorin, his raken, on a hill far outside town.  He didn't know how much the people of this village knew of the Hailene or the Corenne, but he doubted they would be friendly to a man who showed up on a giant bat-lizard thing.  He walked toward the small village.  If he was ever going to find his lost brother, he would have to disguise his accent.  Nobody would be willing to help a Seanchan morat'raken.  

Gamma: Another clarification about win conditions. I've noticed that both the darkfriends and the corrupted are to outnumber the remaining players, and there's the thing about the win conditions of corrupted darkfriends.

So, if all the villagers get eliminated but darkfriends and corrupted are exactly neck-and-neck--they may have to kill each other in order to win?

And might I also confirm that the corrupted seem to be a faction with no kill ability; they can only participate in lynches and try to encourage people to lynch the wrong people?

Told myself I'd take a break from the game but just can't pass up on WoT. Burn you Gamma!

Waes held the shoe at arms length, inspecting the last few repairs, and smiled with pride. No matter how many worn out wrecks of leather he managed to restore over the years, he never lost his love for a job well done. There was nothing else he'd ever wanted to do with his life.

His interest in being a cobbler started at a very young age but that was when he imagined it involved baking delicious fruity desserts. It was definitely a disappointment when he learned that was not the case but the idea was already too ingrained by then. Most people thought repairing shoes to be a menial job but Waes knew better. Whether tending a field, fighting a war, herding sheep, or serving drinks at an inn, everyone needs a good pair of shoes.

Some said Tarmon Gai'don was approaching and with all the strange things that were happening it was probably true. Waes was no warrior but he would do his part. Those fighting on the front lines wouldn't fall at the critical moment due to bad footing.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Gamma: Another clarification about win conditions. I've noticed that both the darkfriends and the corrupted are to outnumber the remaining players, and there's the thing about the win conditions of corrupted darkfriends.

So, if all the villagers get eliminated but darkfriends and corrupted are exactly neck-and-neck--they may have to kill each other in order to win?

And might I also confirm that the corrupted seem to be a faction with no kill ability; they can only participate in lynches and try to encourage people to lynch the wrong people?

Yes, Fain and the Corrupted have to use the highest level of manipulation to achieve their means for they don't get their own Kill options. And Corrupted Darkfriends get the Dual Win condition like the 17S in Rubix's game, so whatever comes for them first. It's their choice who they want to work for. But yes, if their Numbers were tied they'd have to keep going until one comes out on top.

And the suggestion for Male Channelers going Mad does sound great. I'll start thinking of ways I could try and implement that.

And yes, Ashiok, we would love to have you in this game! What's your name and occupation/story?

There are only 2 of us

Fun fact: Originally, Khamsi was going to be a merchant, albeit a much more successful salesperson than these sad sacks. Then i realized nobody had made a gleeman yet, so I snatched up that idea. But yeah, there would have been three salespeople.