Long Game 6: Daes Dae'Mar, The Great Game

I am going to follow in Mailliw's footsteps and cast my vote for Bunnt.  Also, if Bunnt turns out to be chocolate, that reflects very poorly on Ralv.  

Here are the votes so far, as of this posting

Death vote: 2 for Dellan, 2 for Bunnt, 1 for Trimat.  

Mayor vote: 2 for Ralv, 1 for Newan

edit:flipping iridescent tones 

Edited by New One

I will be voting for Trimat at this point as well. I attempted to message him and draw him into a conversation since I have had little direct communication with him up to this point. He ignored my message and instead made a post in the thread about not wanting to work with people who haven't made any attempts to reach out to him. I responded to his claim and explained that we had actually reached out to him but am still just getting the cold shoulder.

Other people have mentioned that Trimat has seemed rather defensive when they've tried to draw him out and throughout the game his comments in the thread have seemed suspicious to me. If you are innocent and the things I'm seeing as suspicious are just a result of you being unsure of the game, my apologies. Since we have not managed to directly identify a DF though, I still have to rely on suspicious behavior for my vote and at the moment you top the list.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

"Under the current administration, three times as many people have died to mysterious murders as did in the previous," Khamsi said, staring out at the townsfolk. She stood atop a thin hitch post in front of The Waffle House, balancing on one foot as spoke. "Now, with all due respect to the town fool, I don't think this is acceptable!"

The fool looked up from his plate of pinecones and shrugged. "She's not lying," he said, and gestured with his spoon to the crowd. "I thought I was the one without wits, and then you all went and made me your leader. What's that make you?"

She crossed her ams behind her back, walking along the other hitching posts. "Now, I may not have been in this town long. I may not have the connections the rest of you have to your fellow villagers. I may not have any idea what the driving force behind the economy of this town is. I may not even actually remember most of your names."

Khamsi stopped suddenly, standing up straight and looking out into the crowd. A small breeze caught her cloak, causing it to flutter behind her. "But I do know one thing," she paused, then added,"well, I know many things, actually. I'm quite brilliant, after all..." she trailed off, then shook her head to recollect her thoughts.

"Two important things I do know," She said, and suddenly spun around, jabbing a finger in the direction of Bela. "I still don't trust that horse. There was a Dragon's Fang on her post, and now everyone who spoke against her yesterday is now DEAD! Never trust an animal that's too clever. Never."

"But more importantly, I also know, though, that while I may not be the best candidate for mayor of this fine town, I am the one with the least to do, and thus, the most time available to help grow and protect this town."

She lowered he voice, glancing around. "Seriously, running this inn is so easy with no travelers coming through here. All I do lately is make waffles and sing songs and play cat's cradle with Rishi."

"And," she declared, her voice carrying throughout the town square, "If that doesn't convince you, look what I can do!"

A half dozen small colored ball suddenly leapt from her hands, forming a perfectly arc through the air. With dazzling grace, Khamsi juggled, sending the balls on mesmerizing trajectories. Then a seventh ball entered the mix, and an eighth, and a ninth. With seemingly no effort at all, the gleewoman kept them all going.

"Vote Khamsi!" She declared, and the balls suddenly caught fire as they flew threw the air. A large banner suddenly unfurled at the entrance to the inn, declaring VOTE KHAMSI in large, elegant lettering. "Free waffles for all!"

----

Khamsi is running on a platform of waffles. Waffles and juggling. Two things that normally make candidates seem weak. :P

OK! Right now, I'm being PMed on a bunch of fronts. Its almost midnight here. I would do a waffle RP, but I'm too busy answering everything you people say. I'll be a bit slower on the responses now...

Why did the DF target Joel and Jae?

Joel had been posting occasionally, bringing up bits and pieces of discussion. He proposed the WG gambit for Waes' attack, but later retracted this comment and supported coordination through Waes.

Jae had also posted sporadically; after day 1, his only post was to argue his suspicion of Waes.

Neither have been particularly active in the thread. Unless they were very active in PMs I haven't seen, they weren't attacked for stimulating lots of discussion.

Both were regular Villagers. The Dragon Fang, while certainly useful, is not nearly the threat to the DF that something like the Viewer or Wisdom would pose. They may be trying to take control of the Fang vote, but in the process they a) reveal lots of Villager deaths, making the Fang suspicious, and b ) waste kills that could be applied to bigger problems.

Both voted Witless for mayor on day 1, but this doesn't seem like a big enough thing to get them killed.

Finally, both voted Bela on day 2. I think this is the real reason. There are two possibilities: the DF are inexperienced and are killing people who suspect one of their own, or they're trying to deflect suspicion onto her, through this and the Dreamwalker message.

Which is correct? Well, several people have expressed suspicion of Trimat above, due both to his defence today and his bandwagon voting yesterday, which was theorised to be protecting Bela. Further, there is Kaim's idea that the Forsaken didn't kill the first night because s/he expected to be scanned. So a leading player such as Wilson or Waes, or someone who had come up suspicious on the first day - again, Bela.

There's my reasoning. Shoot holes in it.

edit: smiley where I didn't want it

Edited by twelfthrootoftwo

I'd RP, but I can't think of anything good for Witless currently. Plus, he had cameo in Khamsi's RP (sanctioned by me, and those words were truly from the mouth of the Witless :P), and that's good enough for him.

Khamsi already pointed out the oddness that all three of the people who voted Bela yesterday died last night. Douza pointed out that this explains why the Forsaken didn't make a kill Night 1. I never really thought the Forsaken was inactive. It didn't make sense. But choosing not to kill because they already had a big enough target on their back? Absolutely. Also, Wes and I were in close communication with Khas for this entire game thus far. While I knew there was a chance he was Fain, I never really got any vibes that he was working counter to our purposes and there's a simple solution to that--he wasn't. Not yet. He was playing the villager. I don't think he died because someone knew he was Fain. I think he died because he voted for the wrong person. I think he, Joel, and Jae died because they voted for the Forsaken.

My vote goes to Bela.

And because I rather enjoy waffles, my mayor vote goes to Khamsi. Plus, I trust her. Shiv is a highly intelligent player and he'll use the votes well.

Ok. Suspicion on me is/was based on the fact that I was being a recluse, no? I'm sorta in the clear? or do I have to do more? Right now, the more suspicious person here is Bela. That vote for bela and die thing can't be a coincidence.

Also, Khasmi for mayor because WAFFLES 4 LIFE!

This basically looks like Witless' post, doesn't it...

Edit: I'm going to sleep, so don't expect responses to your PMs to me this cycles

Edited by Ashiok

Yet again, another declaration from your beloved GM Almighty! I might end up having the write-up be a little late (no more than a couple hours, hopefully), but the Day turn will still end at 8AM EST. Any votes or orders placed after that time will be invalid.

Mayor! My, my...Mistress Khamsi really is moving in quite comfortably in this town, Rishi thought as she carried a new batch of freshly whipped batter to the new grill that was setup in The Waffle House. Work was good. It kept one's mind off dark thoughts and suspicions that seemed to be plaguing too many of the villagers lately. Outside at the common room and even outside the inn, villagers had been crying out in loud voices who they wanted lynched next, and if that wasn't bad enough, those who chose to be silent about the whole affair had fingers pointed to them in turn.

Rishi was lucky to not be outside. She asked Mistress Khamsi if she was allowed to just work out of the waffle kitchen for now especially since everyone was curious to have a taste. Now that the innkeeper's campaign was under way, the demand for more waffles will certainly be higher.

As the innkeeper predicted, Rishi had made adjustments to the recipe based on her experience, and had since given the gleewoman the variations that she thought would work. 

On one side of her kitchen table lie several bowls of freshly picked berries of different kinds, and on the stoves, hot syrups were simmering, ready to be poured onto freshly grilled waffles.

As she waited for the grill to get hot, she looked out the window to the back of the inn, where the stables were. That new boy that Gade hired was killed last night, and as a result, the Dragon's Fang painted on Bela's stable hadn't been washed yet. It made her think, as she washed the flour off her hands, what would've happened if they'd just put that odd horse down on the first day.

Drell's Crossing didn't take well to odd folk before, but now all sorts had invaded the village, even a horse who caused Gade's death. He was like a father to her, and she would feed that horse poison if she got the chance.

Rishi shook her head. This...dark mood...had infected everyone, and she wasn't immune. She rarely cried, but as she poured the batter onto the grill, she felt tears suddenly flow. Nobody lamented for the dead anymore. Nobody thought to somberly drink to the ones who passed on, to celebrate their memory.  

This town, and what it used to represent, was slowly fading before her eyes, and it broke her heart. 'Tis the Dark One's own hand, and she murmured a prayer to the Creator to protect them all in the coming days. To protect them, and keep them all in the Light.

I feel like there's something I'm missing here...

firefly.gif

I forgot he said that.... Perhaps "use the votes well" wasn't precisely the right phrase I should've used.

However, that said, I think he will. I stand by my statement that he is a highly intelligent player. He has very good hunches, and I'd bet when he tosses that dice, it's over players who he has equal suspicion for, as is evidenced by the reasons he gives when he votes. 

"Chaos Reigns..." how appropriate. I must say, we, your friendly neighborhood Evil Darkfriend Overlords *cough* trusted council of completely and utterly honest Defenders of the Light, are having a somewhat rough time of this. However, with the information that is coming to light, we might soon have our first Darkfriend.

Right now, Bela already has enough votes for a lynch, and as such, I won't be voting, for a death this cycle. And, as Khamsi has more than enough votes for election, I suppose I won't be casting any votes at all. :P

Current Lists:

Mayor:

Newan (1): Newan

Ralv (2): Malai, Bunnt

Khamsi (5): Khamsi, Witless, Trimat, Rishi, Waes

Lynch:

Trimat (1): Malai, Senna, Waes

Bunnt (2): Malai, Newan

Dellan (2): Dragon's Fang, Ralv

Bela (5): Khamsi, Douza, Witless, Trimat, Rishi

Once again, what interests me is the lack of a defense on Bela's part. We'll see how things develop, however.

Edited by AonarFaileas

Trimat has allayed my suspicions sufficiently enough for now so I will retract my vote for him. I back the current trend but there are enough votes to do the job at this point and I don't like to bandwagon so I will just choose to abstain from the lynch vote today (plus it just feels wrong voting to lynch a horse).

Khamsi doesn't need anymore votes either but hey I'll toss in my support anyway.

Edit: remembered the green and orange but not the blue

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

(plus it just feels wrong voting to lynch a horse).

Keep in mind, we're in the middle of the winter stuff here (depending on when in the timeline this is). Think of it less like lynching the horse, and more like making horse jerky. We are pretty hungry here, even with the waffles.

Kill everyone who voted against you the day before?  That is a terrible, terrible idea.  Witless, you said earlier that the darkfriend team would have some experienced, and some inexperienced people on it.  Now you're acting like they're a hoard of total amateurs.  If Bela turns out to be good, I'm coming after you and Khamsi.  Not that there's much I can do to you.  But I'm going to Dragon Fang the heck out of your door.  

Also, Bela hasn't defended herself because lev was moving yesterday and today.  Besides, I think he was losing interest in this game.  Being vanilla gets a bit... dull.  

Night 3: The Storm Gathers Cycle will end at 9AM EST Saturday, June 28th or when all Night Actions get sent in.

The dark, ominous storm clouds from the previous evening hung over the village of Drell's Crossing, blotting out the sun and casting the town in a gray, muggy shadow. Dawn was cold and dreary, with a brisk breeze issuing from the north, and it took many hours for all of the villagers to even rouse themselves from their beds, dreading to find out which of their neighbors didn't make it to see morning light.

With the revelation of the former theif-catcher's true identity, most of the townsfolk had felt that a blanket of suspicion and mistrust had been lifted from over them, and the Coalition that had formed and taken up residence at The Waffle House -- the inn's new name -- urged all villagers who hadn't stepped forward with valuable information to do so immediately, citing the defense of the town from evil within as still being the primary goal of all involved.

Deep inside the kitchen of the newly named Waffle House, however; bigger and tastier plots were afoot as Khamsi was hard at work. Humming a tune she had re-purposed for the villages situation, she labored over a stove top cooking up perfection. With one taste of her final product, tears streamed down her face and she rushed into down, declaring her new invention of waffles. Many were unfamiliar with the strange word, wondering if it was some sort of Old Tongue, but one bite showed the true brilliance of the gleewoman's creation.

Encouraged by her success, Khamsi Zareef set her sights even higher, and declared her bid for Mayor, asking everybody if electing a fool as Mayor had been the best course of action to take, given the circumstances. Witless, who was in the middle of praising the gleewoman's culinary genius paused and gestured to the town with his spoon.

“She's right you know,” he said between a mouthful of food, “I thought I was the one without wits, and then you all went and made me your leader. What's that make you?"

Throughout the day most villagers became swayed and within no time at all, Khamsi was strolling around the town with the mayor sash wrapped around her. As the afternoon dragged on though, the villagers began to turn back towards darker matters, almost as if the darkening sky had reminded them of the evil that still lay in hiding, casting it's shadow over the town.

Debate raged on with many accusations beginning to be thrown around but eventually people started to focus on the shaggy mare, Bela, who had still been freely roaming around town, even after a Dragon's Fang had shown up on her stable and that all of her accusers had all died in the previous night. As more voices began to agree about the suspicious activity of the horse, the wind began to kick up almost in response. It was nearly dark, with the overcast sky and fading light making it harder to see, and fat, cold rain drops began to fall as Bela was led out into the town square by the new mayor, Khamsi, a grim expression on her face

“Never trust a horse that's too clever,” she said as she tightened the noose around the horses neck, pausing for a second just how to proceed with the hanging.

“Never,” she reiterated, as lightning flashed above, as if to emphasize her point, as a crashing boom of thunder followed immediately after, as the skies opened up and rain began to fall in a torrential downpour, immediately soaking everything and instantly turning the ground to mud.

In the following confusion, Bela kicked out at Khamsi, causing her to drop the rope in alarm, as the horse galloped off, as another flash of lightning showed the shaggy mare in mid-leap as she jumped the palisade surrounding the town and disappeared off into the night, leaving nothing but A Memory of Light. The Gathering Storm had finally landed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bela was a Regular Villager! (And maybe even The Creator!)

Khamsi Zareef has been elected Mayor!

Vote Count: Apologies if I did any wrong counting/tallying, but the results are still pretty undisputed
Lynch Vote:
Bela (6) - Khamsi, Douza, Witless, Trimat, Aspren, Rishi

Bunnt (2) - Malai, Newan
Dellan (+1) (2) - Ralv

Trimat (1) - Senna

Apologies for the abrupt end of the Write-up! Bela couldn't be lynched/killed, as that would create a Time Paradox in the WoT world, so just know she is dead, as far as this game is concerned. Hopefully nobody minds me placing a sudden storm for RP sake!

Player ListTM

1)(Kasimir) - Kaim, a retired Thief-Taker Deceased Padan Fain
2)(Little Wilson) - Witless, the Town Fool
3)(Lightsworn Panda) - Jain, Random Traveler Deceased Villager Dreamwalker
4)(TheoryMaker) - Nath, an Average Guy
5)(Kal Dell) - Dellan, Quiet Countryman
6)(Alvron) - Ralv, a Passing Wanderer
7)(Only Joe) - Joel, Antisocial Hermit Deceased Regular Villager
8)(Leonardus) - Lam, Street Sweeper
9)(Shivertongue) - Khamsi Zareef, Domani Gleewoman
10)(Mailliw73) - Malai, Horse Breeder
11)(Grey Pilgrim) - Grimlar al'Pil, Town Drunk